• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

guek

Banned
There are exactly 0 deleted scenes. There's almost no information on what was cut. Just that there was cuts. There is a shot in one of the international tv spots (or something like that) of Superman hauling fucking ass through the sky. No idea what the context is though.

Huh.

Bleepey

It just occurred to me how odd it was that we had so much scrutiny over Gal Gadot's physicality when she was cast as Wonder Woman but I didn't see a peep about Brie Larson's body after the Captain Marvel casting.

I guess Carol Danvers is neither the feminist power icon nor nearly as physically imposing as Wonder Woman is traditionally portrayed so she doesn't have to live up to such lofty expectations. Still, I'm surprised there wasn't more body shaming on gaf with Larson.

No one has heard of Captain Marvel. Let's be honest now. I can take a random sample of Captain Marvel and show them a picture of Captain Marvel in costume and I doubt any more than 2 women would know who that was. 2 is being really generous.

Hystzen

At this rate what's going to kill the DCU is WB themseleves sticking nose in. Hopefully we get a ultimate cut for SS that shows us what Ayer was going for

guek

Banned
No one has heard of Captain Marvel. Let's be honest now. I can take a random sample of Captain Marvel and show them a picture of Captain Marvel in costume and I doubt any more than 2 women would know who that was. 2 is being really generous.

I was talking about gaf specifically.

But yes, the lower profile of the role is likely part of the reason.

IconGrist

I don't want to just absolve Ayer of responsibility though. Without concrete facts it's just as likely WB didn't interfere. It's just easy to assume they did because of Batman v Superman.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

Same with Wonder Woman before BvS

And yes, she is iconinic. But no, the USA arent everywhere in the world.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Mick LaSalle
San Francisco Chronicle August 3, 2016
If you know someone you really can't stand - not someone you dislike, not someone who rubs you the wrong way, but someone you really loathe and detest - send that person a ticket for "Suicide Squad."
Full Review | Original Score: 0/4

---

HAHAHAHAHAHHA. 0/4 is getting fucking personal now.

Well fuck. So basically BvS 2.0 but issue is tone, not runtime.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...secret-drama-rushed-916693?utm_source=twitter

There were two cuts tested - Ayer's original and a cut WB worked on themselves with Trailer Park (who did some of the trailers here). WB's cut initially won and end result seems to be a mad mishmash of both.

WB seem so short sighted. They won't give people time to let these projects develop and then jump in and try to take over. Maybe that could have worked 20 years ago but audiences are used to action films with a strong directorial vision. Hopefully they avoid this with WW since it had a longer lead time.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait to hear nothing but positive things on Wonder Woman, just to have this circus all over again right before release.

Cheebo

Banned
I can't wait to hear nothing but positive things on Wonder Woman, just to have this circus all over again right before release.

There is no way WB can release DCEU can release 4 bad films in a row, no way. That would be just insane.

Cheebo

Banned
If Wonder Woman is another critical disaster at that point who knows what they would do. An entire "Phase 1" of lambasted movies. I mean I guess Transformers keeps on chugging. But as of right now I think that is the only franchise like that out there.

Boke1879

I think a lot of you are getting way too caught up in the politics of it all. There are trusted receivers and critics who liked the movie. There are audience goers who like the movie as well.

Don't get caught up in the hyperbole of worst movie ever. Fuck that noise.

Cheebo

Banned
I think a lot of you are getting way too caught up in the politics of it all. There are trusted receivers and critics who liked the movie. There are audience goers who like the movie as well.

Don't get caught up in the hyperbole of worst movie ever. Fuck that noise.
People said that about BvS and it is clear the bad reviews had a real effect there, it had bad box-office legs.

gamz

Reading the reviews is much like BvS. Editing and incoherent story. How hard is it to just tell a fucking story? This is what Ayer does best. I'm still seeing it, but I'm confused how the hell this happens?

IconGrist

Tabby

Reading the reviews is much like BvS. Editing and incoherent story. How hard is it to just tell a fucking story? This is what Ayer does best. I'm still seeing it, but I'm confused how the hell this happens?

If that post above yours is to be believed, WB loves to keep butting in and fuck things up.

WhiteWolf

Corpsepyre

Banned

I have a feeling that article has some point to it, provided the film REALLY is fucked.

gamz

If that post above yours is to be believed, WB loves to keep butting in and fuck things up.

Just read it! What the fuck! If you are going to give the filmmakers their own vision to make their own movie. Let them make it!

What a disaster!

Boke1879

People said that about BvS and it is clear the bad reviews had a real effect there, it had bad box-office legs.

I'm not talking about legs. Im talking about going in and possibly enjoying a movie. So far what I'm truly hearing is a story with a weak plot and some bad pacing on spots. Not an incoherent story. And you plenty of people saying they enjoy it.

Right now to me it sounds like this is your typical average action movie with a few stars.

gamz

Oh boy. "Director driven" studio indeed.

At this point Wan has got to be thinking long and hard. He's a type that needs control and why he ditched Fast and Furious 8 (or whatever number their on) and did Conjuring 2 instead.

IconGrist

At this point Wan has got to be thinking long and hard. He's a type that needs control and why he ditched Fast and Furious 8 (or whatever number their on) and did Conjuring 2 instead.

If this is a trend moving forward with WB then I could see Wan exiting. I don't know about Famuyiwa though.

jey_16

Banned
the reaction to BvS just screwed everything up didn't it? WB panicked and now we see the results with Suicide Squad

what are we going to get with Wonder Woman and Justice League?

IconGrist

WB still has the final cut rights, just like pretty much any studio. What they're doing isn't exactly unusual.

No, not unusual. But it doesn't mean they should. That's 2 of their DC movies in a row they messed around with and both ended up with lower reception than Man of Steel.

Dcube

I'm still excited to see it and form my own opinion, I like to think I'm pretty soft on movies but the bad editing stuff has me worried. Lack of good story flow really bugs me. Fixing this in the BvS blu ray mostly fixed the movie for me, hopefully SS can have a similar fix if it is really that bad. Damn studio meddling.

antovolk

Depends on the timeline. The improved perception of the BvS UC may have been after they did their meddling.

Exactly, feel after BvS UC was out it was already too late, they made the decision to toss both versions of SS into a blender for the theatrical reelase. Damn, wasn't the film fully completed like a week before the UC came out on digital anyway?

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
#deargodpleasebelieve

They got over a year, you'd say they should be able to create something that will at least be received positively. Then again, we had the same thought with Suicide Squad so yeah....Geoff Johns is key here. Let's see what he is able to do.

Corpsepyre

Banned
No, not unusual. But it doesn't mean they should. That's 2 of their DC movies in a row they messed around with and both ended up with lower reception than Man of Steel.

Well, we don't really know if that is what actually happened with SS. It COULD be possible. Doesn't mean it is.

ReiGun

WB is really panicking, and as a result, are shooting themselves in the foot. They really want these movies to hit, and I get that. But this is two instances now where their meddling hurt the final product instead of enhancing it.

Justice League might be doomed because Synder fucked BvS, but hopefully they leave Wonder Woman alone. Even if that one isn't great, at least then it could be not-great entirely on Jenkins' own merits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom