• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteWolf

Wonder what is going on at the JL set right now and how much WB is interfering. Hope Affleck, Johns, and Snyder can keep them at bay.

ryan299

THR says Squad needs to make 750-800 million to break even, which is insane.

Mayimbe just tweeted that the Johns era begins with WW

Who in charge of Budgeting? Because that's insane.

I mean Batman Begins did well at 350mil. I know times are different, but I expected 600 mil to be a success story for Suicide Squad.

Boke1879

Who in charge of Budgeting? Because that's insane.

I mean Batman Begins did well at 350mil. I know times are different, but I expected 600 mil to be a success story for Suicide Squad.

Right?! That's what I was thinking even before reviews. Someone at WB needs to be held on a leash budgeting wise. That probably includes marketing but still

Ninjimbo

Yeah, that isn't right. A new IP like SS shouldn't have to make that much to just break even. WB isn't budgeting these films correctly. I hope it breaks even, but what kind of business are you running where a movie has to make 800 million to make money? How much revenue do they expect SS to generate?

The financials behind these blockbusters is just mind boggling to me. Maybe Lucas and Spielberg were right when they said a crash was imminent.

Boke1879

Yeah, that isn't right. A new IP like SS shouldn't have to make that much to just break even. WB isn't budgeting these films correctly. I hope it breaks even, but what kind of business are you running where a movie has to make 800 million to make money? How much revenue do they expect SS to generate?

The financials behind these blockbusters is just mind boggling to me. Maybe Lucas and Spielberg were right when they said a crash was imminent.

Yea it's not just this movie either. Ghostbusters is going to struggle to make its money back.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
WB... I swear to fucking god. STOP FUCKING WITH THE MOVIES! I'm tired of this shit. I wish Synder and Ayer would stop spouting quotes about how they "stand behind this movie" when it's not even their movie. Don't say a god damn thing.

a916

Well fuck. So basically BvS 2.0 but issue is tone, not runtime.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...secret-drama-rushed-916693?utm_source=twitter

There were two cuts tested - Ayer's original and a cut WB worked on themselves with Trailer Park (who did some of the trailers here). WB's cut initially won and end result seems to be a mad mishmash of both.

What the hell am I reading... did they really just do the same thing again? How terrible is WB at their jobs that he feel they made the best edit? Clearly and unequivocally proven wrong by the Ultimate Cut. I get it's their money on the line, but this is embarassing to read

3N16MA

Banned

WB needs to get these budgets under control. SS shouldn't need to be on GoTG level in order to break even.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Nice, my midnight screening is stacked. 310 out of 350 seats taken (no one wants those shitts seats in the front row, especially with IMAX 3D). Love it. The atmosphere with BvS and all the hardcore fans there was brilliant. Especially the moment Wonder Woman showed up :D

I live for these moments.

Corpsepyre

Banned

I wonder why no one digs out these numbers when Marvel releases a film. No one was talking about numbers when Thor 2 was out, or even Ant-Man.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Rene Rodriguez
Miami Herald August 3, 2016
There isn't a moment of spontaneous fun or humor in this long, turgid movie, the latest letdown for DC Comics fans who've been waiting for someone to pick up the baton Christopher Nolan left behind.
Full Review | Original Score: 1/4

---

See, I don't get these 'reviews'. Nolan movies weren't exactly 'FUN' or 'HUMOROUS'. They were well-crafted films as a whole. Not sure why these assholes bring up these terms at all in their reviews and then mention Nolan as well on the side.

jmood88

I wonder why no one digs out these numbers when Marvel releases a film. No one was talking about numbers when Thor 2 was out, or even Ant-Man.
Probably because those movies weren't killed by reviewers and ended up making what they expected them to make.

Ninjimbo

Yea it's not just this movie either. Ghostbusters is going to struggle to make its money back.
Ghostbusters won't make its money back at all. It was an outright failure and the media won't even mention it cuz nobody cares about Ghostbusters. I still don't get how that movie ended up costing 150 million dollars and that's without marketing.

I wish I knew more about how these movies get made so I can wrap my head around it. Like why do horror films cost so much less?

Umberto saying the same thing, and how the biggest problem with DC Films isn't DC... it's WB brass.

To be fair I think bar Johns not many DC people have really been involved with MoS and SS so far. So WB execs being to blame sounds believable.

I remember when the current CEO took over I think he was vocal about a DCEU but it sounds more like it was a DCEU by committee.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Rene Rodriguez
There isn't a moment of spontaneous fun or humor in this long, turgid movie, the latest letdown for DC Comics fans who've been waiting for someone to pick up the baton Christopher Nolan left behind.

---

See, I don't get these 'reviews'. Nolan movies weren't exactly 'FUN' or 'HUMOROUS'. They were well-crafted films as a whole. Not sure why these assholes bring up these terms at all in their reviews and then mention Nolan as well on the side.
Maybe because his movies were good enough that nobody noticed that they weren humorous beside Alfreds dry humor and Jokers puns.

a916

To be fair I think bar Johns not many DC people have really been involved with MoS and SS so far. So WB execs being to blame sounds believable.

I remember when the current CEO took over I think he was vocal about a DCEU but it sounds more like it was a DCEU by committee.

Johns still has to answer to WB ultimately though.

Ahasverus

Our QUEEN putting in the work

13920372_10154346167228926_8480751488805240526_o.jpg

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Mayimbe is such a tool.

Also, looking at some old threads I saw that Alienous and Dennis are banned. What happened?

Guys, am I reading this wrong or does the article say that Trailer Park cut the Comic Con First Look, or are they talking about the first official trailer ?

Boke1879

Rene Rodriguez

---

Yea those movies were just great movies. I have to wonder what definition of "fun" they mean?

Ahasverus

Guys, am I reading this wrong or does the article say that Trailer Park cut the Comic Con First Look, or are they talking about the first official trailer ?
The official trailer.

Mayimbe swears the Johns era starts with WW and that the days of executive meddling are over, here's to hoping.

WW in 10 months, JL in a few more. Whatever they've been doing hasn't worked, not the least following favorable response to the ultimate cut. At least there's time to get those in a good place.

Maybe we will get another cut of Suicide Squad on home video after all this.

a916

WW in 10 months, JL in a few more. Whatever they've been doing hasn't worked, not the least following favorable response to the ultimate cut. At least there's time to get those in a good place.

Maybe we will get another cut of Suicide Squad on home video after all this.

I think more panic will rise and the studio will interfere even more...

SJRB

Gold Member
Holy shit, the BvS bluray released today and I picked up the FORTY FIVE EURO 3D bluray and guess fucking what: only the theatrical cut is 3D, the Ultimate Edition is 2D only.

MotherFUCKER. I never paid this much for a movie in my entire life.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit, the BvS bluray released today and I picked up the FORTY FIVE EURO 3D bluray and guess fucking what: only the theatrical cut is 3D, the Ultimate Edition is 2D only.

I did the same thing. Though I'm in the States, so it was only like 25 bucks. I can't believe the 3D version wasn't the UC. They pimp it so much that I just expected it to be. Like how the 4K version is actually the UC.

Collider posted their written review by Matt Goldberg

http://collider.com/suicide-squad-review/

D+

a916

I took my entire family to the IMAX screening, went to watch it 3 times more, and bought the digital version because I couldn't wait the 3 weeks for the UC... then bought it against on Blu Ray. (and no I don't do that ever... the hype/thirst levels on BvS were unreal)

I did the same thing. Though I'm in the States, so it was only like 25 bucks. I can't believe the 3D version wasn't the UC. They pimp it so much that I just expected it to be. Like how the 4K version is actually the UC.

Collider posted their written review by Matt Goldberg

http://collider.com/suicide-squad-review/

D+

It’s a movie where you can see the competing visions between writer-director David Ayer and the studio and the result is a film where everyone loses, especially the audience.

Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom