• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

I have a feeling WW will mostly be fine. I'm just hoping it does for the genre for young girls/women that Rey did for Star Wars.

I still don't know why Marvel didn't put out at least one Black Widow movie. They could have taken that chance.

a916

I have a feeling WW will mostly be fine. I'm just hoping it does for the genre for young girls/women that Rey did for Star Wars.

I still don't know why Marvel didn't put out at least one Black Widow movie. They could have taken that chance.

I would rather prefer a proper super hero and not just Lucy Part 2. One with super powers and such. At least they are coming now, which is better than the outlook before.

Well, as I said, I could have fun captioning the pics in this thread. For Cavil, he's just happy he doesn't have to hear about how his version of Superman is to blame for everything wrong in the DCEU for once.

But the tone set by Zack for the DCEU is to blame for this. Ayer was going in that direction and Warner Bros decided to pivot into the fun zone in the 11th hour. While not directly responsible, he's indirectly responsible due to his vision of tone for these movies.

The "tone" can change whenever they want it to. MCU has done so countless times again and will do again with Dr Strange. Blaming Snyder is ignoring the real issues,
not enough Batman.

Boke1879

I would rather prefer a proper super hero and not just Lucy Part 2. One with super powers and such. At least they are coming now, which is better than the outlook before.

I guess. I just think they could have taken that chance though. But at least we'll be getting WW and then a Captain Marvel movie.

One thing I hope to see at least during the Friday showing I'm going to is seeing if anyone dresses up.

ryan299

Jeff Sneiders review at Mashable

Not since the first Star Wars prequel has a film hit theaters with such high expectations and failed to deliver on even a fraction of that potential. At this point, the future of the DCU remains unclear, but what is clear is that this one isn’t on Zack Snyder.

IconGrist

Lol, that's 3 reviews putting the blame on Snyder.

I wonder if anyone's called him up to let him know he's being blamed for a movie he didn't touch.

Zack Snyder: People are hating, Ben. What would you have me do?

Ben Affleck: Endure, Master Zack. Take it. They'll hate you for it, but that's the point of Snyder, you can be the outcast. You can make the choice that no one else can make, the right choice.

Edit: And Zack will ignore his advice reveal himself, but then a wild Jenkins appears, taking the fall. "I am the Snyder".

ReiGun

Lol, that's 3 reviews putting the blame on Snyder.

I wonder if anyone's called him up to let him know he's being blamed for a movie he didn't touch.
If I know the internet like I think I know the internet, his mentions and profiles on social media are full of people calling him anything but what his mama named him over this.

Boke1879

Jeff Sneiders review at Mashable

If they were to use that line for BvS i'd believe it. But I think it's crazy to compare what episode 1 did to Star Wars and applying that logic to the DCEU.

Again If that line was applied to BvS I'd believe it, but honestly to me it seems people put WAY too much expectation on SS even if it did turn out to be a good movie. Of course two critical failures isn't a good look, but to me SS was never billed as some monolith that was going to save this trajectory.

To me it always seemed and billed as a fun experience that introduces some characters that not many people know too much about.

Rene Rodriguez
Miami Herald August 3, 2016
There isn't a moment of spontaneous fun or humor in this long, turgid movie, the latest letdown for DC Comics fans who've been waiting for someone to pick up the baton Christopher Nolan left behind.
Full Review | Original Score: 1/4

---

See, I don't get these 'reviews'. Nolan movies weren't exactly 'FUN' or 'HUMOROUS'. They were well-crafted films as a whole. Not sure why these assholes bring up these terms at all in their reviews and then mention Nolan as well on the side.

*SIIIIIIIIGH* I give up.

Zack Snyder: People are hating, Ben. What would you have me do?

Ben Affleck: Endure, Master Zack. Take it. They'll hate you for it, but that's the point of Snyder, you can be the outcast. You can make the choice that no one else can make, the right choice.

Edit: And Zack will ignore his advice reveal himself, but then a wild Jenkins appears, taking the fall. "I am the Snyder".

An admirable trait of Snyder's is that he takes criticism in stride. We have seen other directors point fingers to offload the blame. It's something, I suppose.

Boke1879

An admirable trait of Snyder's is that he takes criticism in stride. We have seen other directors point fingers to offload the blame. It's something, I suppose.

Yup. The cast and crew handle all this shit very well. The cast doesn't get half the shit because I think for the most part even the critics love these guys.

But Snyder gets the shit end of the stick. Even gets his name dragged threw the mud on shit he really had nothing to do with. Not to mention he gets called a bunch of shit.

Props to him for just taking it all and doing what he does. No one deserves that. I remain a believer that gamers and fans of comics and their movies can be the shittiest and some of the biggest bullies on the planey.

So despite faraci being a pretty insufferable writer I think it's safe to say he's been incredibly reliable with these dc rumors at this point.

Wouldn't be so quick to dismiss his next one for sure. Regardless of how he words his shit.

Dead

well not really...yet
So despite faraci being a pretty insufferable writer I think it's safe to say he's been incredibly reliable with these dc rumors at this point.

Wouldn't be so quick to dismiss his next one for sure. Regardless of how he words his shit.
sucks to admit, but yeah

Makes me happy for the Flash movie, since it's going to be a buddy movie with Cyborg.

His casting in that movie is also top notch; while the leads of The Flash have already been chosen - it's going to be a buddy movie between The Flash and Cyborg, if they're sticking with the basic story they have now (and I've heard they are) - there are a lot of important supporting roles yet to be cast. Also: Famuyiwa isn't afraid of shooting in the daytime.

IconGrist

Wow, Schnepp really liked it. He has spent this whole review basically arguing with the rest of the panel (Harloff, Ellis, Campea, and Tzeng).

Ellis scored it a 5.9/10 (3rd act problems, script problems)
Tzeng scored it 7/10 (messy plot)
Campea scored it 6.5/10 (villain problems)
Harloff scored it 5/10 (soundtrack, villain, script problems)
Schnepp scored it 8/10 (minor annoyance with fodder enemies)

Collider Suicide Squad Non-Spoiler Review

a916

Yeah but then he'll say garbage like BvS is the worst modern comic book movie of all time... months after F4 released.

So I'm not sure what to believe when a lot of other reputable people had conflicting reports.

Boke1879

Yeah but then he'll say garbage like BvS is the worst modern comic book movie of all time... months after F4 released.

So I'm not sure what to believe when a lot of other reputable people had conflicting reports.

Unfortunately projection and hyperbole and maybe a tad bit of trolling get in the way of this shit man.

Boke1879

Wow, Schnepp really liked it. He has spent this whole review basically arguing with the rest of the panel (Harloff, Ellis, Campea, and Tzeng).

Gotta see it for myself but I wonder what script problems are? Is that pacing?

Boke1879

I haven't come across anything that has said to me I won't like it (other than knowing there may be a better version of the movie out there somewhere).

yea same. Sucks there more than likely is a better version that we'll never see, but it seems I'll enjoy this.

Effect

Schnepp also mentioned something I was wondering about in regard to the editing. He had a real problem with how that was done in the theater version of BvS. I didn't have a problem with it but could see what some were saying. Him being an editor I assume it drove him up the wall. He believes the Ultimate Edition addresses that in a big way. He mentions that's not a problem with SS. That stood out to me because I was curious if the plot issues that were being talked about was it wasn't easy to follow the story and things from A to B to C didn't make sense and that doesn't seem to be the case. Which is good.

I can easily see how the music might be a turn off if you don't like that type of music. If it's throughout the film and scenes I can see how that could make a person hate things.

IconGrist

"This is fine."

Co9BdzhWIAAjMp1.jpg:large

Rooster12

It seemed 3 out of the 5 really enjoyed it.

Damn....every time I see a positive review I tell myself I'm seeing it.

But every time I see a bad one I'm like "naah fuck this"

It really is like people are watching 2 different movies.

I'm going on a matinee now that I heard joker is barely in it. He was like 70% my interest in this with the other 30 being waller and the punk aesthetic of the villains.

Boke1879

It seemed 3 out of the 5 really enjoyed it.

Damn....every time I see a positive review I tell myself I'm seeing it.

But every time I see a bad one I'm like "naah fuck this"

It really is like people are watching 2 different movies.

Seriously just go see it. You'll probably like it.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, just got back. It's 3am or so here and I'm tired as fuck, have to get up at 8 for work. So just really quick: I thought it was okay, have to sleep on it and watch it a second time to come to a full conclusion. Right now if I had to score it, it would be like a 6/10, maybe something different in the morning. A really frustrating movie at times, but more on that later.

bryanee

My friend just got to see it for free because she works at a cinema. She liked it and she didn't enjoy the theatrical cut of BvS at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom