• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead

well not really...yet
I doubt Suicide Squad will get any kind of alternate cut on the home release.

Snyder is used to that shit and most likely just made that part of his deal.

Penguin

Jared getting his Joker on

Co9F0DCVUAA4nhh.jpg

VanWinkle

Leto would be capable of playing an amazing Joker. I just don't like the interpretation of him the whole creative team came up with.

THR article is just mind numbing.

It sounds like an actual marketing fuck up to me. The first released trailer was light in tone, but Ayer was still working on this grim dark version in the lab. Batman v Superman happens and everyone bitches about the tone and WB execs try to save it in their eyes.

Don't know what would have been worse. Releasing that Blitz trailer in January and then having something a lot more serious in tone and basically pulling a bait and switch or the situation we ended up getting.

Hopefully, this 10 month break between films allows them to actually approach things from a logical standpoint instead of running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

Boke1879

My hope for Wonder Woman is gone

Nah my hope and hype for WW remain unchanged. I mean it's under enormous pressure. A lot is riding ok this to be successful. Not just for WB but I think for the future of female superhero movies as well.

But the movie itself is basically just about WW. It doesn't carry the weight of something like BvS. It's a period piece. The story just needs to focus on her and introduce her properly.

Any connection to the DCEU should be done in an after credits scene.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Lol, how many of you have even seen the movie.

Crybabies. 10 months to prepare yourself for another one!

So much for Suicide Squad being Aryer's cut. Lol.
This gives a little more credence to the person who supposedly saw the original cut and called the movie superb and then watched the final cut of the movie, and said it was a change for the worst. If I remember correctly OC also had more Joker and in the final version wheras we got more Deadshot in the TC. Part of me feels a little more sympathy for Snyder, while I still don't think he's the right man to head the DCEU, it's amazing what a up hill battle he is fighting against to get these movies made. WB really is it's own worst enemy. It also explains why Ayer ran to Netflix as soon as he was done with this project, he's just tired of studio BS and I don't blame him.

I could have a lot of fun captioning these pictures. I assume these are from the London premiere?

This gives a little more credence to the person who supposedly saw the original cut and called the movie superb and then watched the final cut of the movie, and said it was a change for the worst. If I remember correctly OC also had more Joker and in the final version wheras we got more Deadshot in the TC. Part of me feels a little more sympathy for Snyder, while I still don't think he's the right man to head the DCEU, it's amazing what a up hill battle he is fighting against to get these movies made. WB really is it's own worst enemy. It also explains why Ayer ran to Netflix as soon as he was done with this project, he's just tired of studio BS and I don't blame him.

Yup. It explains why it looked like Bright was going to Warner Bros and then they chose Netflix over night to the surprise of WB.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Snyder is the new "Thanks, Obama" but without the sarcasm.

Just burnt my toast. Fuck you, Zack.

Why is Superman smiling.

I don't like this.

Well, as I said, I could have fun captioning the pics in this thread. For Cavil, he's just happy he doesn't have to hear about how his version of Superman is to blame for everything wrong in the DCEU for once.

See this is bullshit and shows some people just have a target for Snyder. He had fuck all to do with any of this. He's been too busy with BvS and now JL to even have any significant input on SS imo

But the tone set by Zack for the DCEU is to blame for this. Ayer was going in that direction and Warner Bros decided to pivot into the fun zone in the 11th hour. While not directly responsible, he's indirectly responsible due to his vision of tone for these movies.

IconGrist

How? when she loved BvS. He had nothing to do with this movie. This is how you know people take this shit way too seriously.

She said it's ultimately on him because it's the "Snyder-verse". Now she said he coined the phrase but I'm gonna need a source on that because I recall that term going around since before the first BvS teaser.

And she loved the BvS theatrical cut because the focus was on Batman. When the UC turned it into primarily a Superman movie she turned on it.

Dead

well not really...yet
Well, as I said, I could have fun captioning the pics in this thread. For Cavil, he's just happy he doesn't have to hear about how his version of Superman is to blame for everything wrong in the DCEU for once.

But the tone set by Zack for the DCEU is to blame for this. Ayer was going in that direction and Warner Bros decided to pivot into the fun zone in the 11th hour. While not directly responsible, he's indirectly responsible due to his vision of tone for these movies.
David Ayer was not hired by Zack Snyder. You also don't hire David Ayer to do a fun and colorful movie.

WB favored a darker tone themselves to keep in line with Nolan's films. This was not spurred on by Snyder alone, Nolan himself spearheaded the direction Man of Steel took, a film by the way that is NOT overly dark.

Blaming Snyder is idiotic, when by all measures the the issue is WB.

Boke1879

The tone isn't and shouldn't be the issue. Ayer should have been allowed to make the movie he wanted to make. Simple. The main issue with BvS was the connective pieces and honestly it tried to do way too much. IMO the tone is the LEAST of the movies problems.

She had no issue with Snyder's vision when she was going around calling people shills for liking Civil War better than this film. But that's probably because she felt like some sort of champion for the movie.

How? when she loved BvS. He had nothing to do with this movie. This is how you know people take this shit way too seriously.
Probably because his name and his wife's name is on the movie as producers. But other than that I don't see his involvement or how it affected the movie negatively. If anything, he'll have a greater share of blame if Wonder Woman fails due to Gal Gadot because he casted her. But right now I don't even blame Ayer I blame the WB for not having their crap together.

Boke1879

Again while I loved the TC of BvS and I'll probably come out of SS enjoying the movie I see the faults. And this primarily lies with WB.

They should have had a vision for these movies. This isn't something you can just think of at the spur of the moment. BvS hadn't been released yet and they committed to all these movies.

IconGrist

Gal auditioned against Ben Affleck. Reading lines with him. Affleck and Snyder both liked her and she's now our Wonder Woman. She beat out like 3 other actresses.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Ben probably just wanted to fuck her.
Can't blame him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom