• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTM

The day that a DCEU film is certified fresh is the day we finally get to join Superman in the sun. That will be quite the day if it ever happens. I really enjoyed both Man of Steel and BvS, and will probably like SS, but it would be nice if WB could pop out a movie that's at least somewhat a critical success.

duckroll

The day that a DCEU film is certified fresh is the day we finally get to join Superman in the sun. That will be quite the day if it ever happens. I really enjoyed both Man of Steel and BvS, and will probably like SS, but it would be nice if WB could pop out a movie that's at least somewhat a critical success.

The day that happens, is the day the DCEU stops being what it is.

Tabby

Man that'd be the dream.

It's a shame that if that ever happens there'll still be stupid fanboys that'll argue about whose universe is better.

guek

Banned
Man that'd be the dream.

It's a shame that if that ever happens there'll still be stupid fanboys that'll argue about whose universe is better.

That happens regardless :p

Fanboy wars is a tale as old as time. I'm sure there's an ancient slab buried in the dirt somewhere that reads "go team blue, fuck team red"

The worst thing out of all this drama? We may never get the Question movie I've always yearned for. Marvel gets AntMan and DC can't get the Question? Boo I say.

The day that happens, is the day the DCEU stops being what it is.
Don't know if I can agree to that. They can do it with Justice League but I fear there's been too much studio interference already. Maybe Batfleck's film will be the first.

Ant Man only happened because Wright approached them with the idea in the first place, I don't think that would have been out until like phase 8 or whatever otherwise (good thing it came early, him and spiderman are by far the highlights of that airport scene).

Maybe somebody goes to WB with an idea for a lower budget Question movie. That would be tight.

duckroll

I think it helps that Ant Man is an actual Avenger. If we're talking about Justice League members who aren't likely to show up in the DCEU unless someone has a great take on it, Martian Manhunter be the perfect comparison. Question, not so much.

The Question was a member of JL in the comics. I think a low budget, small film would be nice.

But yeah, a Martian Manhunter film would be ace too.

Ashhong

Watched the Nice Guys today at work. What an awesome movie. WB has been doing a great job at buddy cop movies with UNCLE and Nice Guys. Gives me hope that the rumored Flash/Cyborg movie could be awesome. Or the Green Lantern Corps

guek

Banned
Watched the Nice Guys today at work. What an awesome movie. WB has been doing a great job at buddy cop movies with UNCLE and Nice Guys. Gives me hope that the rumored Flash/Cyborg movie could be awesome. Or the Green Lantern Corps

Shane Black should direct a DCEU movie.

For one, I think it'd be awesome, but it'd also be funny to see people who hate Iron Man 3 try to wrestle with wanting a good DC movie by a well respected director.

Gleethor

Shane Black should direct a DCEU movie.

For one, I think it'd be awesome, but it'd also be funny to see people who hate Iron Man 3 try to wrestle with wanting a good DC movie by a well respected director.

Wouldn't be a problem for me, I like IM3.

I liked Iron Man 3 quite a bit too but Nice Guys was so much better. Shane Black shouldn't spend his time on another comic movie honestly.

Yager

Banned
The sad part about all of this is that when a DCEU movie finally gets a "Fresh", a lot of folks around here will go full on crazy-DC-fanboy mode. Right, Ahasverus?

The sad part about all of this is that when a DCEU movie finally gets a "Fresh", a lot of folks around here will go full on crazy-DC-fanboy mode. Right, Ahasverus?

Don't know what will be worse. The day that happens or the day a Marvel Studio joint is rotten.

guek

Banned
Don't know what will be worse. The day that happens or the day a Marvel Studio joint is rotten.

The first rotten Marvel movie will probably be shrugged off for the most part. Missteps happen, you know?

The second bomb though, that's when I think people will panic and lose their shit.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member

He'll tattoo fresh on his forehead.

Sambrez_

I don't think it's gonna change much things for the DCEU future.
Geoff will save us all.
WW, JL, Aquaman and Flash are still scheduled.

IconGrist

You know, I just realized that picture with the two casts between BvS and SS...

CJ-dDQ0UsAAJ2V9.jpg

Some used to say was hilarious because SS was going to shit all over BvS and the cast attitude reflected that. Instead, it just looks like the BvS cast is looking at them like, "Bruh, you don't even know what's going on."

You know, I just realized that picture with the two casts between BvS and SS...

CJ-dDQ0UsAAJ2V9.jpg

Some used to say was hilarious because SS was going to shit all over BvS and the cast attitude reflected that. Instead, it just looks like the BvS cast is looking at them like, "Bruh, you don't even know what's going on."

Is Ben smiling or not? I can't tell.

jey_16

Banned
Just got out guys, cinema was packed and I have to say, the film was decent. Not great but not horrible at all, the biggest positive is that this really was a comic book film, no toning down the geekiness for the masses which I enjoyed. This is coming from someone who hated BvS

Can understand some of the complaints, the editing was a bit all over the place but no where near as jarring compared to BvS and it did feel a bit disjointed (I.e. The Hollywood reporter article) and of course the generic villain but I had a good time, most of the jokes got laughter at my screening as well and the song selection was good.

Cast were all solid and I loved Margot Robbie as Harley. Just wish we got to see more of the Joker and Batman, it was so small that I couldn't really make a judgement on Leto but from the reaction afterwards, he is going to be very divisive

It's no where near as bad as the reviews make it out to be. Will definitely be buying it on blu-ray

Boke1879

Just got out guys, cinema was packed and I have to say, the film was decent. Not great but not horrible at all, the biggest positive is that this really was a comic book film, no toning down the geekiness for the masses which I enjoyed. This is coming from someone who hated BvS

Can understand some of the complaints, the editing was a bit all over the place but no where near as jarring compared to BvS and it did feel a bit disjointed (I.e. The Hollywood reporter article) and of course the generic villain but I had a good time, most of the jokes got laughter at my screening as well and the song selection was good.

Cast were all solid and I loved Margot Robbie as Harley. Just wish we got to see more of the Joker and Batman, it was so small that I couldn't really make a judgement on Leto but from the reaction afterwards, he is going to be very divisive

It's no where near as bad as the reviews make it out to be. Will definitely be buying it on blu-ray

Nice! This was my expectations all along really. I can see Joker being similar to Lex. You either like him or you don't. Mostly due to the portrayal.

Kinda glad him and Batman aren't in the movie a ton. Because they shouldn't dominate the conversation. Even if the movie was critically loved

Penguin

i would love it if we can have an avengers vs justice league. please let wb sell dc to disney

Yes

Let's give up our TV which does well
Our gaming which is doing well
Home videos which does well
Our comic division... which is... okay

So someone can possibly get a movie down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom