• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

a916

Part of me hopes it doesn't bc I don't want WB thinking people will accept these films and continue forward the way they are. Really don't want DC films to become the new Transformers.

Counter-point. BvS made a buttload of money but that didn't have them resting on their laurels and putting JL on lock. If they are going to fail, it won't be for a lack of trying.

Boke1879

man i've said it before when the dallas buyers club started getting a lot of press but leto legit might be one of the most insufferable actors out there. talented for sure but man whenever he speaks.....

oh well, if his joker is any good then i'd like to see him back again. not gonna be good for anybody though if he's not bothered to after this shit experience.

Was there truth to Will Smith not liking him at all on set?

Boke1879

Why on Earth would anyone remove JOKER's scenes? It's the fucking Joker.

Honestly for me. It's fine. The movie isn't Suicide Squad and the Joker.

I feel if you increase his presence too much it becomes a movie about the Joker since he's such monolith of a character. If Leto truly is mad he can be mad all he wants. WB and Affleck will just promise him a more prominent role and that's that.

Personally I want to see him not as this mob boss Joker but more the psychotic, crazy and serious one.

and shit. He's probably tired of answering the same questions.

bryanee

Man the different opinions on this movie in the review/OT thread are really mixed. Seems to be all over the place.

Boke1879

Man the different opinions on this movie in the review/OT thread are really mixed. Seems to be all over the place.

This is how I would summarize the movie for myself. A decent action flick where the characters are the stars of the show. plot and main villain are weak. Personally I'd just say the plot is VERY basic. Ultimately nothing memorable. Not the greatest movie, but not the worst either. It's serviceable imo. A lot of the jokes and the tone hit with the theater I was in last night. I'll see how people respond when I go see it again tonight.

Pretty much it's your typical blockbuster movie. We won't be talking about it in two weeks, but if you want to go see it. Do it. Form your own opinion and you never know. You might like it.

bryanee

This is how I would summarize the movie for myself. A decent action flick where the characters are the stars of the show. plot and main villain are weak. Personally I'd just say the plot is VERY basic. Ultimately nothing memorable. Not the greatest movie, but not the worst either. It's serviceable imo. A lot of the jokes and the tone hit with the theater I was in last night. I'll see how people respond when I go see it again tonight.

Pretty much it's your typical blockbuster movie. We won't be talking about it in two weeks, but if you want to go see it. Do it. Form your own opinion and you never know. You might like it.

I am going to see. I was planning on going today but as I said earlier in the thread my local cinema has only put up two 2D showings, neither I can make. Same for every day until Tuesday. I've got no idea when I'll see it.

Boke1879

I am going to see. I was planning on going today but as I said earlier in the thread my local cinema has only put up two 2D showings, neither I can make. Same for every day until Tuesday. I've got no idea when I'll see it.

Damn man. That sucks hope you can see it soon.

Dierce

I still don't understand the argument that some have that WB should have released standalone movies and taken the slow built-up approach. Man of Steel was released as a stand alone movie and it was met with critical backlash. BvS was in production for nearly 3 years so if they really wanted to rush through it they would have released it in 2015 when it was completed. I think this is clearly a situation of starting off on the wrong foot. The creative minds behind the DCEU had a dark vision for these characters and now that they seem to be trying to tone it down the cracks are starting to split wide open.

Boke1879

I still don't understand the argument that some have saying that WB should have released standalone movies and taken the slow built-up route. Man of Steel was released as a stand alone movie and it was met with critical backlash. BvS was in production for nearly 3 years so if they really wanted to rush through it they would have released it in 2015 when it was completed. I think this is clearly a situation of starting off on the wrong foot. The creative minds behind the DCEU had a dark vision for these characters and now that they seem to be trying to tone it down the cracks are starting to split wide open.

I just think they should have focused on making more focused movies focusing on their characters. One for MoS, one for Batman and one for WW.

BvS had the burden on setting up the entire universe and it just didn't play out like that. Again I think WB went all in too soon.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
What do critics expect out of a comic book movie? That was a helluva ride and my entire family really enjoyed. Call me crazy but I think WoM will be pretty good for this.

What do critics expect out of a comic book movie? That was a helluva ride and my entire family really enjoyed. Call me crazy but I think WoM will be pretty good for this.

Endless quips, generic villains, faceless hordes to fight. Oh wait...

Oh, and zero consequences, so Squad loses out there.

Just want to ask this without really considering the quality of the film, as there are also bad comics, it doesn't really matter to my question, but:

Is this the closest a movie has come to a comic ?

Boke1879

Yea I don't think there was anything inherently flawed with the movie outside of some editing issues. I enjoyed my time with it last night and my theater did as well. About to head out in a bit to catch another showing with some friends.

It's fun ride, but I think the biggest flaw is that it's just a forgettable movie. Nothing really stands out outside of the character performances.

Tabby

Pacing, thin plot, weak villain and odd editing ruin this movie. Character moments are nice and it builds the universe but that's really about it.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Yea I don't think there was anything inherently flawed with the movie outside of some editing issues. I enjoyed my time with it last night and my theater did as well. About to head out in a bit to catch another showing with some friends.

It's fun ride, but I think the biggest flaw is that it's just a forgettable movie. Nothing really stands out outside of the character performances.
Exactly. Not gonna stay up at night pondering this movie but I liked it quite a bit. I guess I'm just confused by the critical reception. Not that I care much but it doesn't add up IMO.

duckroll

Just want to ask this without really considering the quality of the film, as there are also bad comics, it doesn't really matter to my question, but:

What does that question even mean? Wait, nevermind. It doesn't matter what it means, because the answer will still be no. 300 exists.

No where near. Deadshot wasn't comic Deadshot, Rick Flag was less of a dickhead, Joker and Harley relationship was sugar coated.

Actually, the closest they got to getting stuff right were the side characters. Katana, Boomer, Croc and Diablo were all pretty much accurate.

Suicide Squad Blu-ray/DVD/Digital plus Deadshot statue bundle: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J8XHAE8/?tag=neogaf0e-20

5135ggmiPIL._SL1500_.jpg

I saw something about a Harley one on Instagram, but didn't see it on Amazon.

Boke1879

They're already promoting the home release? On day one?

Didn't they do the same with BvS essentially? and shit. Why not try and strike while the iron is hot. People are bound to buy this off impulse. This is clearly something that's been planned for a while.

IconGrist

Didn't they do the same with BvS essentially? and shit. Why not try and strike while the iron is hot. People are bound to buy this off impulse. This is clearly something that's been planned for a while.

They pimped the Ultimate Edition even before the movie was out but as far as I know there was no way to officially pre-order it. Not right away at least.

bryanee

They pimped the Ultimate Edition even before the movie was out but as far as I know there was no way to officially pre-order it. Not right away at least.

You could pre-order day one on Amazon UK. I did it when I got back from the cinema.

IconGrist

Was the list of supposedly removed scenes posted in here yet? Some interesting stuff in there.

Then DC movie diehards will have to work overtime to convince themselves that this really wasn't all that bad.

But... it wasn't all that bad. Or bad. Flawed but entertaining. I'd suggest you'd have to be looking to hate it.

Boke1879

That's the spirit!

If you didn't like it cool. I totally understand why someone wouldn't, but I'm not convincing myself to like it. I had fun while watching it last night and many in the theater did as well.

Sure a better movie could have been made I'll not argue that.

Penguin

What does that question even mean? Wait, nevermind. It doesn't matter what it means, because the answer will still be no. 300 exists.

Scott Pilgrim did a crazy good job of capturing the look and kinetic energy of the comic too.

Does Watchmen count?

I always go with Sin City

Great visuals and narration for thought bubbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom