• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteWolf

Kinda depressed after reading about those new deleted scenes. If those are actually on film, I have no idea why you wouldn't put those in the movie. Maybe while working on the solo Batman script, Affleck and Johns wanted to change the backstory originally planned for Batman and that caused the removal of anything Batman related.

gamz

lol that's horrific

cribbing Death of Superman is expected but they should at least just go with the longer hair Clark had at the start of Man of Steel instead of what Kenny Powers sees when he looks in a mirror.

I think it looks cool as hell!

Odoul

Sounds like they took something unique and filed all the moral ambiguity and mean-spiritedness right off of it.

I haven't even seen BvS ultimate cut yet but I don't understand why this studio insists on neutering their films and then letting their filmmakers take the dagges.

Kinda depressed after reading about those new deleted scenes. If those are actually on film, I have no idea why you wouldn't put those in the movie. Maybe Affleck and Johns wanted to change the backstory for Batman and that caused the removal of anything Batman related.

Not that anything is confirmed but if that's the case then I'm already over his ass.

Anth0ny

Okay, who?

Christopher-Nolan01.jpg

he will save us

IHaveIce

Banned
From the Spoiler thread, more rumours of deleted Suicide Squad scenes by someone claiming to have seen a screening in May

Joker and Harley are then in their penthouse and Harley asks who Joker loves the most and he says the one person who makes me the happiest and the furious and she gets excited and hops on his lap and he stands and screams THE BAT. I miss our old squabbles I miss how angry he got! You remember the good old days Harley! When we took care of that little birdy! And it cuts to Batman holding Joker by the collar as a building is on fire in the background (probably Wayne manor) and he says you've crossed the line i'm gonna hurt you joker. And his response is "Not the face! I damage easily!" And it cuts back to the bar scene
Then the film continues on until they reach the end then joker shows up with half his face burned by the helicopter crash and tells Harley that it's been a rough night and to come home with daddy! And Deadshot shoots at him as joker goes on a tirade talking about how he's the king of Gotham and how he broke the bat and none of them even came close! He then drops the smoke grenade and leaves. Then the film moves on the same. And the ending where Joker breaks out Harley was added to the official release which I liked

I almost don't want to believe it, but a good chunk of these scene descriptions match leaked footage, stills and other media. Plus the dude did actually post in May that he saw it, so either he's lying and playing the loooooooong con, or he's legit. who knows.

WOAH IF that is real god dammit. HOW could you cut this out? This sounds awesome, explains the Joker's looks and cofirms more and more that we miss a huge backstory between Bats and Joker and the things with Robin.

Fuck man how does WB fuck up like this, honestly BvS cut scenes just flesh out the plot a little more, these for SS make the film way better

BadAss2961

WOAH IF that is real god dammit. HOW could you cut this out? This sounds awesome, explains the Joker's looks and cofirms more and more that we miss a huge backstory between Bats and Joker and the things with Robin.

Fuck man how does WB fuck up like this, honestly BvS cut scenes just flesh out the plot a little more, these for SS make the film way better
Because it's a Suicide Squad movie and mostly kept the focus there.

I agree though. As a fan, I want everything. You can't film so much Joker and not show it.

I still think they shouldn't of cut the scenes with abuse. It's such a big component to the characters of Joker and Harley it just seems wrong. Plus if true, that scene with the Joker saying his great love is Batman is pitch perfect Joker.

yuraya

The Wachowskis will do Man of Steel 2

Snyder will do Shazam

George Miller will do the Green Lanterns film

Nolan will do a Joker vs Robin movie. The twist will be that Robin is

IHaveIce

Banned
Because it's a Suicide Squad movie and mostly kept the focus there.

I agree though. As a fan, I want everything. You can't film so much Joker and not show it.
True, but I think the Squad was still underrepresented in the actual cut, so just flow with it :(

But yeah every cut Joker scene is a crime :(

I still think they shouldn't of cut the scenes with abuse. It's such a big component to the characters of Joker and Harley it just seems wrong. Plus if true, that scene with the Joker saying his great love is Batman is pitch perfect Joker.

Also true in all parts

Tabby

I doubt Nolan would ever do a DCEU movie and if he does it doesn't seem like a good fit. Rather have George Miller.

Superman might be the best fit for Nolan to be honest. Superman would likely take on some CGI thing which means hand to hand combat (something Nolan is terrible is at) would actually be handled by the studio.

Superman could use a director like Nolan honestly.
Forget the action scenes, it's his character development that needs help and that's where Nolan excels. let Henry act like Bale's Bruce did around Micheal Cain. That's what everybody is itching to see.

But to be honest. Man of Steel 2 better not have the destruction that Man of Steel had. Make it smaller scale, shows how Superman fights villains that are human or weaker.

Although Nolan is better off not coming back to Comic Book movies. I like that he's doing original projects and Excitied to see Dunkirk.

Raptor

Forget the action scenes, it's his character development that needs help and that's where Nolan excels. let Henry act like Bale's Bruce did around Micheal Cain. That's what everybody is itching to see.

But to be honest. Man of Steel 2 better not have the destruction that Man of Steel had. Make it smaller scale, shows how Superman fights villains that are human or weaker.

Although Nolan is better off not coming back to Comic Book movies. I like that he's doing original projects and Excitied to see Dunkirk.

While I agree that some moments like that could benefit the movie I dont want another Returns no please.

Give me insane action Mad Max style!!

I went to the theater today with my younger brother and watched Suicide Squad and Star Trek Beyond. Tickets were only $5.50 all day. I really enjoyed both, and I'm definitely buying them on Blu-ray. I really hope that Suicide Squad gets an Ayer/extended/ultimate cut, too. I really wanna see that removed stuff.

It's possible to have both character development and action. You just need a good script by a good writer and no studio interference.

I absolutely do NOT want to see a human or weak villain. Sorry... We already got that many times with Supes movies.

User1608

Banned
https://twitter.com/_ChristopherM/status/763146080079020032

ruh-roh

A kids movie, and adult comedy could wreck Suicide Suad's BO big time. Its gonna be at least second place in BO numbers for sure.
This movie was fun to me. I hope it does well enough to warrant a sequel and fix its many shortcomings. It was a fun thrill ride, that last half. The audience in my showing was noticeably a lot more amped up and energetic.

ov26smy8veex.jpg

If you like this movie you're less of a human, sorry guys.
Geez, there are legitimate criticisms to be made towards the film but no need to insult people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom