• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
They fucked up the minute they removed almost all trace of whatever messed up grimy shit they had shot in order to make it as toothless as possible.

I have no doubt the movie originally had the same tone as the original comic-con reveal.

You can clearly tell from the original trailers this film was supposed to have a somber and oppressive tone, but Batman v Superman reception really messed with WB execs' heads. The posters got more colorful, jokes were added all of a sudden, pop music everywhere. Every new trailer was so hilariously different from the "I Started a Joke" SDCC 2015 trailer.

Dead

well not really...yet
You can clearly tell from the original trailers this film was supposed to have a somber and oppressive tone, but Batman v Superman reception really messed with WB execs' heads. The posters got more colorful, jokes were added all of a sudden, pop music everywhere. Every new trailer was so hilariously different from the "I Started a Joke" SDCC 2015 trailer.
Luckily it came out now

Don't think we could have handled one more re-edit

dEMibJw.jpg

lmao at that image. not far from the truth. it worked really well for them on the demographics and hot topic merchandising though. but the original trailer implied some creepy silence of the lambs-esque film and then we got this corny mess...

I'd love a Robert Zemeckis Man of Steel.

that would have been pretty solid and i think lean towards golden-age superman (or hell rebirth superman now tbh) personality. i'm pretty curious who they're looking at for man of steel 2.

Pachimari

I'm really sad to be reading about these deleted scenes and the Warner execs' fuckery with Suicide Squad. I think I'm gonna wait for the Bluray until I see it. I still hope it'll be a fun ride anyway.

duckroll

Wait. That doesn't even make sense or gel with the movie. In the film, the introduction for Harley says she was involved in Robin's murder right? But... Joker met Harley while in Arkham, and he already had his false teeth and damaged tattoo then right? I mean, after he escapes, it doesn't look like he was ever captured again. So how can Harley be involved in a murder that happened before she ever met Joker?

Ayyyyer lmao.

Wait. That doesn't even make sense or gel with the movie. In the film, the introduction for Harley says she was involved in Robin's murder right? But... Joker met Harley while in Arkham, and he already had his false teeth and damaged tattoo then right? I mean, after he escapes, it doesn't look like he was ever captured again. So how can Harley be involved in a murder that happened before she ever met Joker?

Ayyyyer lmao.

TIME TRAVEL

Ayyyyer lmao.

I haven't seen the movie yet.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
INST, that baby getting all excited at the Flight scene in MoS is so damn cute. I wish my daughter was the same way but she is all about the Bat. I may have to disown her.

So there is a sane one in the family, you should be proud!

BadAss2961

The tone shift started with the Queen trailer though, well before BvS released. Ayer always said the movie was going to be "funny."

Ayyyyer lmao.

This Batman's been active for 20 years. Joker goes in and out of Arkham. Harley's already fallen for him in the therapy scene shown in the movie (obviously not their first session), she could've been his accomplice for awhile, aiding any number of crimes and escapes before becoming his partner.

Could be whatever, but they haven't written themselves into a corner.

i like katana's design :> she looks so on point

too bad she didnt quite feel like a necessary element in the movie, though

Edit: oh yeah, the mask can go away for all i care

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Everything without the dumb mask is better for Katana. Why must she telegraph than she's from Japan?

Same reason as Captain America I guess. Though the latter is even less subtle about it.

Finally got to see the movie.

And it's disappointedly terrible. It's not even so bad it's good. It's just forgettable, wasted characters on a bad script. The story was awful. The pacing was even worst.

Leto's Joker was just weird. He felt like a drunk/High Jim Carry. I was expecting a cameo to not be able judge much, but I think they gaves us a pretty good idea of how his Joker acts. I hope he changes for the Ben movie. Because it was weird in a laughable way. Also what a terrible way to use his character in the movie.

Somebody needs to teach WB/Directors the art of Pacing.

That doesn't take, since the colorful posters started right around the Bohemian Raphsody trailer, which was before BvS.

SJRB

Gold Member
I'd pay good money for a sequence where Joker kills Robin and Batfleck goes berserk and just beats the shit out of Joker.

d9kPlH5.gif

BadAss2961

I'd pay good money for a sequence where Joker kills Robin and Batfleck goes berserk and just beats the shit out of Joker.

d9kPlH5.gif
After BvS and Suicide Squad left teases as to what happened, they're bound to show it at some point. Probably in the Batman solo.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member

d9kPlH5.gif

Man, that shit was just brutal. How the dude launched himself at Batman, the latter dodging it and getting his attacker on the ground in one single move, holding his head down and just punching it like that (while hearing the screams of pain).

Batfleck and Snyder da gawd.

WhiteWolf

Man, that shit was just brutal. How the dude launched himself at Batman, the latter dodging it and getting his attacker on the ground in one single move, holding his head down and just punching it like that (while hearing the screams of pain).

Batfleck and Snyder da gawd.
Don't forget the awesome blood spurts. I love Batfleck.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone have that Supes photoshop with a black beard/suit? It was the image from the day of the dead scene from BvS that was used for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom