• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they keep the Oz casting going, Said could be a cool Manta. Can't recall his name but I liked him in Lord of War, which keeps coming to mind every time I see anything about War Dogs.

Poona

where is this from?

Seems to be this..

https://www.amazon.com/dp/006247166X/?tag=neogaf0e-20
61L9PZDIJBL.jpg

guek

Banned
A New Gods movie directed by George Miller?

Damn, I never even considered that property as a standalone movie but I'd gladly take it. They'll need a really good script to pull it off though.

Ahasverus

The New Gods is a no brainer after their introduction in the JL movies. It's nice to that WB is paying attention to the villains. But you're right about the need for a stellar script. Only a great screenwriter could make Granny Goodness work.

SJRB

Gold Member
Everyone and their mom suddenly seems to be an "insider" and have a random insider scoop on a DC movie.

Interesting take on WB's history and the "dark and brooding" of their films not just DC - http://www.forbes.com/sites/judebre...-dc-comic-universe-answer-perspective-is-key/

Good read. Ultimately, for me, I'm just sad that superhero movies like Batman V Superman will probably never happen again. Not in the near future anyway. After all this backlash no movie studio will take that "risk" again. BvS is probably in my top 5 superhero movies alongside TDK and Winter Soldier.

Jonogunn

Good read. Ultimately, for me, I'm just sad that superhero movies like Batman V Superman will probably never happen again. Not in the near future anyway. After all this backlash no movie studio will take that "risk" again. BvS is probably in my top 5 superhero movies alongside TDK and Winter Soldier.

When you say movies like Batman V Superman do you mean the dark grittiness of it or the hero versus aspect of it?

Because if it's the latter Civil War happened.

When you say movies like Batman V Superman do you mean the dark grittiness of it or the hero versus aspect of it?

Because if it's the latter Civil War happened.

Just the overall tone and the themes. I guess the grittiness is part of it too. I find that do tend to prefer more serious superhero movies than say comedy based ones.

Speaking of Civil War, that movie might creep up to my top SH movies but I need a few more views to decide.

guek

Banned
I'd take more Dredd over more BvS to fill my gritty comicbook movie desire any day

Oh Dredd. You were too good for this world. May the Batman solo film be made in your image.

duckroll

Jon Schnepp heard that Lawrence Kasdan was writing a Boba Fett movie. That turned out to be a Han Solo movie instead.

Jon Schnepp heard that George Miller was being eyed to direct Man of Steel 2. Clearly he doesn't believe that anymore.

Jon Schnepp heard that Daredevil (Charlie Cox in particular) would be showing up in Jessica Jones. Nope, didn't happen.

Just saying.

Jon Schnepp heard that Lawrence Kasdan was writing a Boba Fett movie. That turned out to be a Han Solo movie instead.

Jon Schnepp heard that George Miller was being eyed to direct Man of Steel 2. Clearly he doesn't believe that anymore.

Jon Schnepp heard that Daredevil (Charlie Cox in particular) would be showing up in Jessica Jones. Nope, didn't happen.

Just saying.

Yea I really want a New Gods movie especially by Miller but Schnepp's track record indicates that that is not happening.

IconGrist

I'd take more Dredd over more BvS to fill my gritty comicbook movie desire any day

Oh Dredd. You were too good for this world. May the Batman solo film be made in your image.

No lie, a common scenario in my house is my kids asking their mother for something, she says no, they come to me to ask and I will say, "Mama is not the law... I am the law." She gets so fuckin' mad, lol.

guek

Banned
No lie, a common scenario in my house is my kids asking their mother for something, she says no, they come to me to ask and I will say, "Mama is not the law... I am the law." She gets so fuckin' mad, lol.

they gonna throw her out the window next if you're not careful

Just saying.

He's just someone who is in the industry and reports rumors as he hears them. Contracts and negotiations fall through all the time, especially in Hollywood. For example, the rumors of Bryan Cranston being Lex had validity because Snyder confirmed as much later on. Schnepp himself is not in the business of breaking stories, so I don't think he wantonly makes up crap. Whether it happens or not is another thing. At the very least it's interesting that WB is shopping around the idea. And to be honest I'd rather see it than a Blue Beetle movie.

duckroll

He's just someone who is in the industry and reports rumors as he hears them. Contracts and negotiations fall through all the time, especially in Hollywood. For example, the rumors of Bryan Cranston being Lex had validity because Snyder confirmed as much later on. Schnepp himself is not in the business of breaking stories, so I don't think he wantonly makes up crap. Whether it happens or not is another thing. At the very least it's interesting that WB is shopping around the idea. And to be honest I'd rather see it than a Blue Beetle movie.

I don't think he makes anything up at all. I'm just pointing out that his threshold of telling people what he heard is probably pretty low. Which means most of what he hears tends to not pan out because they're just fluid things which might be in consideration but not serious consideration. Hence it means nothing to quote him talking about something he heard and getting excited about it.

Some people only mention specifics of what they heard when they know it's going forward, and a lot of what they hear, they don't mention because it's of little value to talk about such things.

I don't think he makes anything up at all. I'm just pointing out that his threshold of telling people what he heard is probably pretty low. Which means most of what he hears tends to not pan out because they're just fluid things which might be in consideration but not serious consideration. Hence it means nothing to quote him talking about something he heard and getting excited about it.

Some people only mention specifics of what they heard when they know it's going forward, and a lot of what they hear, they don't mention because it's of little value to talk about such things.

I think it's worth talking about in the sense that it's a rumor. But I agree it's pointless to get super excited as nothing is confirmed. And to be fair, he never stated his source, could be a high up executive or just some nobody working at WB. Though I'm sure he wouldn't have mentioned it if it wasn't from a source higher up in the chain. The fact is we don't know. I'm just excited at the possibility. We now have a modicum of hope that Orion might be in a future film. Don't take that away from me. :(

strafer

IMO it was worse than a couple of Marvel stinkers lmao.

I dont know what the fuck happened here but I rolled my eyes more times than watching the Avengers.

Letos joker is a fucking embarassment.

I wouldnt go that far.

Leto and Margot saved the movie for me.

Penguin

Just saying.

Much like Randy Orton, Schnepp hears voices in his head

They talk to him, they understand

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Man, Shannon and Crowe were just perfect opposite each other in MoS.

SJRB

Gold Member
Man, Shannon and Crowe were just perfect opposite each other in MoS.

Absolutely.

I love the little segment where Zod deletes Jor El's AI projection. He talks shit to Jor El, but after it's done he gives this look as if he's disgusted with himself that he had to do that.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Absolutely.

I love the little segment where Zod deletes Jor El's AI projection. He talks shit to Jor El, but after it's done he gives this look as if he's disgusted with himself that he had to do that.

"This is genocide!"
"Yes, and I'm arguing it's merits with a ghost."

Loved that.

Ninjimbo

Absolutely.

Love that scene. It drives home just how conflicted Zod is. MoS is so underrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom