• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooncakes

s669xyE.jpg

where is this from?

ryan299

Paul Shirey of JoBlo

Just under a year ago I heard Oceanmaster would be the big bad for Aquaman, but they were also just starting the script at that time, too.

Been a lot of changes and shuffling over at WB/DC, which makes me leery about posting scoops too early for their stuff. Too many changes.

Tabby

It's going to be Thawne.

People say they want Thawne for the second movie to build him up but I think Reverse Flash/Professor Zoom makes the most sense, since he's related to his mother's murder and all.

Thawne - Flash 1
Rogues - Flash 2
Then kill off Barry Allen in either Flash 3 or Justice League 2/3
Bring back Barry Allen in a post Flashpoint/CoIE style event when you want a soft reboot and recast actors ala Days of Future Past.

ryan299

Man Reddit is so gullible. Some random guy on twitter tweeted that his 'contacts' said MoS2 isn't a go, the news was wrong, Solo Batman in 2018 and the untilted 2019 DC flick is a Harley movie.

a916

Man Reddit is so gullible. Some random guy on twitter tweeted that his 'contacts' said MoS2 isn't a go, the news was wrong, Solo Batman in 2018 and the untilted 2019 DC flick is a Harley movie.

I thought Margot killed it as Harley but her as a standalone movie a BAD move. She's not a character I want to see the focus on.

No to a Harley Quinn solo. Yes to Gotham City Sirens or a melding of that and Birds of Prey.

That reminds me, if Babs or Dick exist in this universe, they need to be mentioned in JL lest there's awkwardness if they turn up later. A brief exchange with Gordon is sufficient. It's a natural and valid question to ask why Batman is recruiting but not calling Grayson.

George Miller's New Gods. Tom Hardy as Orion. Theron as Bards. Toecutter as Darkseid. Get Hoult out of contract to be Mister Miracle.

We're not worthy of any of this happening. Man I want dude to come out of hiding and let us know what he's working on next. Preferably another Mad max but I'll take this as well.

Hoult was the best performance in fury road fwiw. I didn't expect that but he put in work. So fun.

shingi70

Banned
We haven't seen much outside.of.thr small.glimpse in BVS, but I wonder what art direction is gonna be used for the new god characters. Hope they go full on Kirby like Guaridans did with the celestial.

Interesting take on WB's history and the "dark and brooding" of their films not just DC - http://www.forbes.com/sites/judebre...-dc-comic-universe-answer-perspective-is-key/

Yeah, that's correct, theatrical release is a mishmash of both versions.

A huge majority of the big budget or continuing franchise movies I've loved have come from WB, no doubt about that. Barely any from Disney tbh so I see where this article is coming from.

But suicide squad feels toothless. Whatever originality and edge it promised was dulled pretty badly in the final product.

Let's just hope they never become another disney. Outside of gore verbinskis stuff I've found them to be hella bland with their live action properties.

VanWinkle

Here are the issues I had with SS:

-The tone and presentation are very different between the pre-SS formation and post-SS formation. One big thing that stuck out was the switch from licenced music to orchestral. It seemed like the last 2/3rds of the movie were edited like a regular movie and the first 1/3rd was like quick odd cuts and text and stuff like a trailer.

-CGI in general was VERY surprisingly bad. Some things I couldn't believe how bad they looked.

Smaller issues:

-Joker's Damaged tattoo ended up not bothering me. I didn't even really notice it. But what just made me angry was the smile tattoo on his hand. Both times he "used" it made me cringe so hard.

-Killer Croc's dialogue stuck out as very meh.

-Enchantress's dancing stuff was kind of embarrassing to look at.

-I don't know if the El Diablo of the comics becomes that thing he does in the movie, but that it wasn't very convincingly done, IMO.

I still really enjoyed the movie, though. Nothing wrong with having some issues

Jon Schnepp:

A little bird has told me Miller is going to direct New Gods.

https://youtu.be/QAjAmEo89Oc?t=6m19s

Yes please.

IMO it was worse than a couple of Marvel stinkers lmao.

I dont know what the fuck happened here but I rolled my eyes more times than watching the Avengers.

Letos joker is a fucking embarassment.
I had a better time watching it than Civil War and thought it was funnier than Ant-Man. To each's own though.

Raptor

Yes please.

I had a better time watching it than Civil War and thought it was funnier than Ant-Man. To each's own though.

Maybe I need to see it a couple more times but to me Leto Joker was not even decent, it came as very try hard, corny, out of place, etc.

It doesnt come as intimidating, nor as someone that can screw your shit up randomly, just like a punk ass gangster wannaby that is wanting to get his girl.

The more I think of it the more pissed I get lol, I want the DC now.

Odoul

So with the rumors out today we're just a couple of years from getting Black Manta and Darkseid....

Don't be fucking with me!

All the people that would have been perfect for Manta are just too damn old!

Denzel
Wesley Snipes
Keith David...speaking of how did we not an ultra violent 80's John Carpenter Aquaman with Kurt Russel playing the titular role.

A little something like this.

Michael Jai White has to be him. Has the charisma, the right look and the voice.

50 Cent got said as a joke but I could actually see that sort of working.

Terry Crews if he leaves every drop of goofball at the door....last resort.

There were rumors/fakes that Anton Chigur was gonna be Darkseid, that'd be alright.

Gerard Butler would be awesome too.

Schwarzenegger if they want to just say fuck it.

If rumors start flying about Sinestro I'm done.
Walton Goggins.
Thank me later.

Tabby

I won't be surprised if there is a new God's tease on Justice League.

If Steppenwolf is really the villain in Justice League and not a surprise Darkseid in the final act then a New Gods movie is the right way to go to build up Darkseid.

Ahasverus

Interesting take on WB's history and the "dark and brooding" of their films not just DC - http://www.forbes.com/sites/judebre...-dc-comic-universe-answer-perspective-is-key/
I wanted to stand up and clap after reading this. The problem is that the studio is being ran by bussiness people and zero movie people, I'm sure there are lots of filmaking executives in Hollywood, marketing will care for the rest, just don't fuck with the movies by comitee that's all.

Squad still raking in the dough I see. It's fun to see the salt, but it's also kinda sad that this generic blockbuster stuff gets rewarded big time, while gems such as The Nice Guys don't make a cent of profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom