• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadAss2961

Fuck, I'm torn. Both dudes are amazing.
I'd go with Jai White. Williams is a better actor, but I don't think he'll work in this setting with these kinds of characters. Similar to how everyone wants Elba to play everything, but he's always average or out of place in these kinds of movies.

Those guys work best in roles based on realism.

lol Williams is the superior choice, White is not an actor.

giphy.gif
UDbBwj.gif

IconGrist

I spend too much time in DC threads. I was reading that thread about changing Carol Danvers origin story for the movie and my first thought was, "Oh boy, if this was a DC character they'd be dragged through the coals for changing it." Though I can't think of anyone actively disliked by DC fans as Captain Marvel is to Marvel fans. Aquaman maybe?

As a side note, I don't know Carol's origin so I have no idea why it needs changing.

Boke1879

I spend too much time in DC threads. I was reading that thread about changing Carol Danvers origin story for the movie and my first thought was, "Oh boy, if this was a DC character they'd be dragged through the coals for changing it." Though I can't think of anyone actively disliked by DC fans as Captain Marvel is to Marvel fans. Aquaman maybe?

As a side note, I don't know Carol's origin so I have no idea why it needs changing.

The thing with Aquaman is the he's perceived as a joke. I think most DC fans want to see him given the proper treatment and showcase all that he can do. While also respecting his origin as well.

It seems Marvel fans dislike Carol because she's a boring character and their are other deserving people that should be given that attention.

Honestly, you're better off not knowing her origin. Marvel has a really strong opportunity to reinvent Captain Marvel into a good character starting with the film. Brie Larson is wonderful and there's nowhere to go but up for Carol.

On the DC side it's Cyborg.

It's nothing noteworthy. The whole is not noteworthy. Being one of the prominent heads" of marvel doesn't make sense to me. She's just..... There.

BadAss2961

Fans don't like Aquaman? I think it's mainly casuals that remember him from Super Friends, Entourage, Family Guy and shit that think of him as sort of a joke character.

And yeah, Marvel gets away with a lot. What else is new? They gave out nearly all their good characters though.

Boke1879

Honestly, you're better off not knowing her origin. Marvel has a really strong opportunity to reinvent Captain Marvel into a good character starting with the film. Brie Larson is wonderful and there's nowhere to go but up for Carol.

On the DC side it's Cyborg.

With Cyborg it really depends on how he's treated in the JL movie and if that rumor is true The Flash movie as well.

IconGrist

I'd argue that casual DC fans primarily don't like Aquaman. He's more of a hardcore DC fan favorite because they take the time to learn about him. I agree with Cyborg. No idea why that didn't immediately pop up in my head, lol.

Cyborg is boring trash. I don't mind any of the other characters really.

still I don't think they should change his origin. Him being a former Football player is the most interesting thing about him. Means we might get some nice game-scenes in his film hopefully before he turns into a shitty version of Robocop.

Cyborg has never really had the character breadth or depth to carry a series on his own, but people don't really seem to DISLIKE him, just dislike how hard he's being pushed lately. He's boring, and overemphasized, but not nearly to the extent of Carol on either front. Dude's got a strong history with the Titans, and he's been reasonably entertaining in the JL book, it's when he goes solo that things start getting dull.

He's probably the closest approximation, though, just for filling the same mold, albeit to a lesser extent.

Aquaman is more of a meme than genuinely disliked, especially amongst more well-read fans.

still I don't think they should change his origin. Him being a former Football player is the most interesting thing about him. Means we might get some nice game-scenes in his film hopefully before he turns into a shitty version of Robocop.

What they should do is replace him with Jaime Reyes, who is like Cyborg, but good, and also with a good supporting cast.

IconGrist

Rick Flag is the shitty version of Robocop.

Boke1879

IMO the best way to get a Cyborg movie to work is to have him mold the Teen Titans or something. I don't think he push a solo movie on his own.

Brace yourselves for Wonder Woman, lads.
I'm confused as to how the supposed contacts of that ex-WB employee who posted the open letter know that WW's a mess even though it's been like 3 months in post-production.

I'm not well-versed in the behind the scenes of film but how long does this process take on average? Is 3 months enough of a time-frame to have a sense of whether it is in fact a big mess or not?

I'm confused as to how the supposed contacts of that ex-WB employee who posted the open letter know that WW's a mess even though it's been like 3 months in post-production.

I'm not well-versed in the behind the scenes of film but how long does this process take on average? Is 3 months enough of a time-frame to have a sense of whether it is in fact a big mess or not?

Well, Mad Max was also supposed to be a "mess", but it turned out okay. They still have time to fix it if it's a mess.

guek

Banned

It depends entirely on what the "mess" in question is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom