• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, I just found out the Joker is super sane. I actually like the theory that he knows he is a comic book character and therefore he cannot die.

I kinda liked the sound of that for about .... 5 seconds, but then i thought it was way too juvenile and too deadpool-ish for the Joker

somehow i would like The Joker to remain in-universe and not breaking that weird meta-wall

...idk, do you guys know what i mean? like the implications is super weird to me, cuz then wouldn't batman and the entire world too be losing a bit of legitimacy and why would anyone then even bother fighting crimes or whatever if they know they are just characters in a comic book. wouldn't they instead try to rebel against the writers, etc.

:3

am i overthinking this .___.;;;;;

Yager

Banned
I kinda liked the sound of that for about .... 5 seconds, but then i thought it was way too juvenile and too deadpool-ish for the Joker

somehow i would like The Joker to remain in-universe and not breaking that weird meta-wall

...idk, do you guys know what i mean? like the implications is super weird to me, cuz then wouldn't batman and the entire world too be losing a bit of legitimacy and why would anyone then even bother fighting crimes or whatever if they know they are just characters in a comic book. wouldn't they instead try to rebel against the writers, etc.

Grant Morrison to be the main villain in JL part 2.

Joker writers have done it differently enough from Deadpool. You only have it at very rare points and it's not on the face.

Batman said I am the only one who understands him, so he could be super-sane, too. But with his sense for justice, he still cares for the people in the comic, so he fights injustice.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Mh1ZI5ie7PECk.gif

IT IS NOT A MATTER OF HOPE, PIKACHAN

it is a matter of fact.

This is the DCEU. No hope, no jokes. Get out.

Joker writers have done it differently enough from Deadpool. You only have it at very rare points and it's not on the face.

Batman said I am the only one who understands him, so he could be super-sane, too. But with his sense for justice, he still cares for the people in the comic, so he fights injustice.

....mm

maybe it's just not my cuppatea~ i personally donno if i can believe batman fighting for injustice in the world if there was awareness that the world was a comic book, but yeah, it's nice if that angle works for you :>

This is the DCEU. No hope, no jokes. Get out.

im not joking though!

i have this absolute conviction that wonderwoman will knock the ball out of the park!

JUST YOU GUYS WAIT AND SEE, O YE OF LITTLE FAITH >:O

and im not jinxing it! i just feel it in my bones! im serioussssssss!

....mm

maybe it's just not my cuppatea~ i personally donno if i can believe batman fighting for injustice in the world if there was awareness that the world was a comic book, but yeah, it's nice if that angle works for you :>

I don't care really. I think it's neat. As I said, it's not that in the face so you wouldn't even notice if you haven't watched theory videos. All is good :)

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
im not joking though!

i have this absolute conviction that wonderwoman will knock the ball out of the park!

JUST YOU GUYS WAIT AND SEE, O YE OF LITTLE FAITH >:O

and im not jinxing it! i just feel it in my bones! im serioussssssss!

NO POSITIVE THINGS EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!

I fucking hope so, loved the trailer.

Morrison is the only one to bring up the super-sane explanation for Joker, and it's honestly one of the more tame ideas Morrison has had. His Batman run is phenomenal though. Probably one of the best of all time, you just need to know a LOT of random Batman history.

GeeTeeCee

Morrison is the only one to bring up the super-sane explanation for Joker, and it's honestly one of the more tame ideas Morrison has had. His Batman run is phenomenal though. Probably one of the best of all time, you just need to know a LOT of random Batman history.

I second the idea the Morrison's Batman run is easily the best of all time. There's just so much variety and sheer quality of ideas throughout.

On a personal note, I got into comics by starting with Batman: RIP. Amazing storyline; terrible place to start reading from.

I've just read the Deathstroke: Rebirth #1 issue. I'd be open to seeing a Deathstroke solo film in a similar vein.

I second the idea the Morrison's Batman run is easily the best of all time. There's just so much variety and sheer quality of ideas throughout.

On a personal note, I got into comics by starting with Batman: RIP. Amazing storyline; terrible place to start reading from.

I've just read the Deathstroke: Rebirth #1 issue. I'd be open to seeing a Deathstroke solo film in a similar vein.

I got my start with comics with Batman RIP as well! Talk about a trial by fire hahaha not new reader friendly.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Aquaman - Guitar
Batman - Drums
Superman - Horns
Wonder Woman - Cello
Cyborg - Piano
Flash - Violin

The Music League.

Aquaman - Guitar
Batman - Drums
Superman - Horns
Wonder Woman - Cello
Cyborg - Piano
Flash - Violin

The Music League.

Batman is the fucking lead singer.

DARKNESS, PARENT'S DEAD, DARKNESS, PARENT'S DEAD,

JUUUUSTIIIICEEEE,

DARKNESS, PARENT'S DEAD, DARKNESS, PARENT'S DEAD,

ryan299

The Rock's producing partner says Shazam is in the same universe. via Newsweek

Says Garcia: “Shazam! is to live in the same world [as the other films] but we have incredible autonomy over this brand and franchise. We are working with a different team, different producers, directors… it’s a different set-up.

From the sounds of things, Shazam! will exist adjacently to the DC universe rather than being firmly implanted within it.

“It needs to be of the world,” says Garcia. “You’ve got Justice League, Wonder Woman with a different director, so you’re going to see different points of view. I think by the time we land with [Shazam!] we’ll fit nicely within the world that’s been created, but not such a shorthand relationship. [It’ll be] enough that people say, ‘Oh, this is within the family,’ but the culture will be a little different.”

IconGrist

Well at least it's still happening.

On another note, worthless question, but, we have Cav-El, Batfleck, AquaMoa... what are the other ones?

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Man, the Suicide Squad interviews are so much fucking fun. Hope Ayer gets his directors cut and WB doesn't mess with the sequel.

Corpsepyre

Banned
So, SS opened in Pakistan today, and everyone I know saw it and loved it. :/

it's all fucking booked here. Should have booked my ticket. UGH!

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
So, SS opened in Pakistan today, and everyone I know saw it and loved it. :/

it's all fucking booked here. Should have booked my ticket. UGH!

Two of my friends liked it as well, one went yesterday and said it was packed (just like the day before that).

SJRB

Gold Member
Just came back from Suicide Squad, had a really good time. It was nowhere, nowhere near the absolute catastrophe reviews made it out to be. It certainly isn't flawless, but I really liked it.

Margot Robbie, sheesh. She nailed it. Every scene she's like a black hole sucking up all the attention. Will Smith was excellent too, I kinda expected him to phone it in but he was great. Pretty much everyone was great. Jay Kourney was pretty hilarious as the Aussie captain Boomerang, and Ropeguy's action scene was nothing short of incredible. Better than the BvS warehouse fight. No complaints whatsoever. Well, except one: Joker. Joker was easily the weakest link, way too try-hard. I wasn't feeling it one bit.

The movie kinda wasted Enchantress, and the antagonist is such a throwaway character I'm not even sure his name is ever even mentioned. The movie is cut up pretty bad, I'm sure there are sequences missing or otherwise jumbled around because some stuff made zero sense. Like wtf at the Common stripclub scene. What the hell was even going on?

I went in hoping for a great Harley, good Deadshot and awesome Batman cameo and the movie delivered 3/3. Suicide Squad is okay in my book. The company I was with really enjoyed the movie too.

a916

Cool to see it finally confirmed, guess they'll fold him into JL if he's popular enough.

Didn't know rock was producing... don't know if that fills me with confidence. Hope Johns is writing/producing in some capacity.

They are struggling so mightily getting a script they like, I wonder what the issue is...

Just came back from Suicide Squad, had a really good time. It was nowhere, nowhere near the absolute catastrophe reviews made it out to be. It certainly isn't flawless, but I really liked it.

Margot Robbie, sheesh. She nailed it. Every scene she's like a black hole sucking up all the attention. Will Smith was excellent too, I kinda expected him to phone it in but he was great. Pretty much everyone was great. Jay Kourney was pretty hilarious as the Aussie captain Boomerang, and Ropeguy's action scene was nothing short of incredible. Better than the BvS warehouse fight. No complaints whatsoever. Well, except one: Joker. Joker was easily the weakest link, way too try-hard. I wasn't feeling it one bit.

The movie kinda wasted Enchantress, and the antagonist is such a throwaway character I'm not even sure his name is ever even mentioned. The movie is cut up pretty bad, I'm sure there are sequences missing or otherwise jumbled around because some stuff made zero sense. Like wtf at the Common stripclub scene. What the hell was even going on?

I went in hoping for a great Harley, good Deadshot and awesome Batman cameo and the movie delivered 3/3. Suicide Squad is okay in my book. The company I was with really enjoyed the movie too.

!!!

bolded parts i cant agree with

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
The DCEU cycle:

- Denial
- Rage
- Fuck you, Zack
- Even more denial, rage and conspiracy theories
- Talk about the directors cut
- Fuck yoU WB

And repeat with each new movie. Just a matter of time Jenkins.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Just saw her tweets, damn. She did not like it one bit, love her enthusiasm. But I still don't see WW doing good.

People will keep bitching about Gadot, while letting generic white male action star #4273940 slide. See Chris Hemsworth.

Not sure about the BO either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom