• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

a916

you asked him? when?

If only :(

tumblr_m9dwtujmYU1qzqdem.gif

Effect

Grace Randolph weird af

Batman v Superman: I love this and every critic is corrupt.

Suicide Squad: This is the worst film ever made and David Ayer should never work again.

What happen, fam?

Not Batman focused I would think. That's where her love for BvS really comes from I believe. She didn't like MoS. She didn't like BvS: UE because it put the focus back on Superman/Clark or at least evened it out. She didn't like SS. The thing that stands out about BvS is the Batman focus which the others don't have. She's admitted she's a big Batman fan and that's where her like of DC primarily comes from. She also got super defensive about BvS that I think made her go overboard in her defense of it. She's always been on the neutral or slightly negative side of things when it comes to WB/DC until that BvS incident and I really think that's just a one off until the new Batman film comes.

Ahasverus

We got a lot of time to kill before Wonder Woman so I'm curious, where are most of you from
I'm from a little city in the middle of the Andes in Colombia. Life is good, if a bit on the simple side. At least there's always free seats in my local cinema. Well, aside from Inside Out, that thing was sold out for weeks.

You know, last time we said we were going to have a group viewing of BvS but we never did. We should have one for SS! I bet it would be fun to listen to ourselves, I mean, we almost know each other already haha I bet We'd have some fun. We could even rewtach BvS or something haaha.

I agree that Snyder=Kubrick
I agree that Ayer doesnt get any of this and that rushing that script to production was foul and that Zack shoulda did something. Plus even if you disregard the rushed script, there wasnt even any awesome action beats in there so Grace is right about that too.
I agree that TC>UC (maybe not for same reason)

Still love Grace :3

Apparently so, but I haven't seen them myself. One supposedly said Edgar Wright was a finalist for the new Supes movie.

The dude said on Twitter a couple days ago that he was taking a break from comic book stuff. So I doubt that happens.

If he came back tho for Shazam...Dear God. Still I doubt anything with the words "extended/cinematic universe" in it will get him on board.

Ninjimbo

We got a lot of time to kill before Wonder Woman so I'm curious, where are most of you from
Miami, Florida. It's alright place when the heat doesn't drive people insane.

Any new 4chan rumors?
Yeah, read them yesterday.

Here they are:

Wonder Woman- June 2nd, 2017
Justice League- November 17th, 2017
The Flash- April 13th, 2018
Aquaman- July 27th, 2018
Man of Steel 2- October 5th, 2018
Shazam- April 5th, 2019
Batman- June 14th, 2019
Suicide Squad 2- November 1st, 2019
New Gods- April 3rd, 2020
Green Lantern Corps- July 24th, 2020
Justice League II- October 2nd, 2020

- Top candidates to direct Man of Steel 2 are Doug Liman, J.J Abrams and Edgar Wright.

-Top candidates to direct Shazam are Sam Raimi and Shawn Levy.

- New Gods will be directed by George Miller.

- Alfonso Cuaron is on talks to direct Green Lantern Corps.

- Patty Jenkins might direct Justice League II.

- David Ayer will direct Suicide Squad 2.

- Warner Bros will be making casting and film announcements for their films in early September.

- Ocean Master will be in Aquaman but Black Manta will be the main villain. Ocean Master is being saved for a later film.

- Deathstroke will be in Suicide Squad 2.

- Multiple TV shows that connect to the DCEU have been discussed. Titans and Secret Six are the top candidates.

Batman- July 27th, 2018
Shazam - October 5th, 2018
Aquaman - April 5th, 2019
New Gods - June 14th, 2019
Justice League 2 - November 1st, 2019
Batman 2 - April 3rd, 2020
Justice League 3- October 2nd, 2020

If you really need that many.
Zero interest in another Superman movie.

Busty

Banned
These 4Chan rumours are always total fucking nonsense but whoever is doing it is obviously trying to make them more believable and sell the idea that he's an insider when he clearly isn't.

But lets take a look at these rumours anyway seeing as it has been a slow news week....,

- Top candidates to direct Man of Steel 2 are Doug Liman, J.J Abrams and Edgar Wright. Liman is supposedly still doing Gambit. Abrams loves Superman, writing the aborted McG film script IIRC, but he would expect to produce too, which WB wouldn't allow it. It doesn't feel like a good fit for him. I'd perhaps replace Wright with Matthew Vaughn if we're talking nonsense fan wank rumours.

-Top candidates to direct Shazam are Sam Raimi and Shawn Levy. Sooo..., WB really like Levy and want to do something big with him so this (or another DCU film) could come to pass in some fashion. He was apparently seriously considered for the Flash directing gig.

- New Gods will be directed by George Miller. - Already rumoured. Apparently Again, he's loved by WB so they would love to have him do it but...., .

- Alfonso Cuaron is on talks to direct Green Lantern Corps. Doubt it. Reeks of fan casting. But WB do offer him all the best/biggest stuff on their slate. Just like Gravity he could shoot the whole thing in London on green screen but even still...., ehhh.

- Patty Jenkins might direct Justice League II. Fan nonsense.

- David Ayer will direct Suicide Squad 2. Apparently so, according to The Wrap weeks ago at least.

- Warner Bros will be making casting and film announcements for their films in early September. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Why? Doing so at SDCC makes much more sense.

- Ocean Master will be in Aquaman but Black Manta will be the main villain. Ocean Master is being saved for a later film. What a nothing rumour.

- Deathstroke will be in Suicide Squad 2. I know that WB see Deathstroke as having huge potential to break out as a character/franchise in his own right so this isn't really a stretch.

- Multiple TV shows that connect to the DCEU have been discussed. Titans and Secret Six are the top candidates. Why change course now?

Thanks to Ninjimbo for gathering the rumours for us. :)

shingi70

Banned
Those dates at the very least seem psusaible, I've been championing those dates for tBatman and Superman. I dont think Cyborg would be cancelled in favor of new gods.

A Superman film before the solo Batman smells like bullshit to me. Right now, Batman is about the only property that has any good will going for it and Warner Bros needs a blockbuster. Not to mention that Affleck and Johns have been working on the damn project for months now. Yet a Superman movie, that wasn't even really a concern from the sounds of it based on recent rumors, is somehow going to get off the ground quicker? I don't think so. WB isn't waiting another three years for a solo Batman film.

Effect

The Superman and Batman dates might make sense if they're aiming to release the solo films in their anniversary years and to play them up in a huge way. Superman's 80th if 2018 I think and Batman's is 2019. Wonder Woman is missing her 75th which I think is this year but her film is being released next year.

However I would imagine they'd flip it though for the simple fact Superman would require more post production and time as a result in general unless they start filming Superman very early next year.

Busty

Banned
Batman- July 27th, 2018
Shazam - October 5th, 2018
Aquaman - April 5th, 2019
New Gods - June 14th, 2019
Justice League 2 - November 1st, 2019
Batman 2 - April 3rd, 2020
Justice League 3- October 2nd, 2020

Good grief. There is literally no way that WB are going to release a film (potentially the size of) like Justice League 3 in early October.

None. Literally none.

shingi70

Banned
A Superman film before the solo Batman smells like bullshit to me. Right now, Batman is about the only property that has any good will going for it and Warner Bros needs a blockbuster. Not to mention that Affleck and Johns have been working on the damn project for months now. Yet a Superman movie, that wasn't even really a concern from the sounds of it based on recent rumors, is somehow going to get off the ground quicker? I don't think so. WB isn't waiting another three years for a solo Batman film.

It makes consdering 2018 and 2019 are Superman and Batman's 80th anniversary.

IconGrist

I imagine getting MoS2 out in 2018 is a priority for WB. Affleck has too much clout for WB to rush him and 2019 seems like it would work out well. Gives Affleck plenty of time make the Batman movie he wants to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom