• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hope for Deathstroke in Suicide Squad 2 is that he's Deathstroke from the beginning. No Slade Wilson showing up with two eyes and waiting for his next appearance pseudo-origin you often see in these films.

GeeTeeCee

My hope for Deathstroke in Suicide Squad 2 is that he's Deathstroke from the beginning. No Slade Wilson showing up with two eyes and waiting for his next appearance pseudo-origin you often see in these films.

This. No messing around. 100% Slade from the start.

Also, in a costume as close to the Arkham Origins outfit as you can possibly get.

Caode

Well, I just got called arrogant for pointing out to slashfilm that their article and story about Justice League set pictures with Cavill was basically a non-story. I was fairly blunt with my comment I suppose but c'mon you need to be doing some research and have some credibility to your work - I used to go to slashfilm every day but this past couple of years it's really gone down hill.

So, remember people.. don't tell a website to do some research, they'll only be passive-aggressive in response. Oh and they'll completely delete their story instead of updating it accordingly like they claim they will in the comments section.

What happened to that site over the years...

Ahasverus

Suicide Squad starting in 20 minutes. Expectations are in check, not nearly as nervous as when I saw BvS.
This will be you in two and half hours

image.php

Ninjimbo

Well, I just got called arrogant for pointing out to slashfilm that their article and story about Justice League set pictures with Cavill was basically a non-story. I was fairly blunt with my comment I suppose but c'mon you need to be doing some research and have some credibility to your work - I used to go to slashfilm every day but this past couple of years it's really gone down hill.

So, remember people.. don't tell a website to do some research, they'll only be passive-aggressive in response. Oh and they'll completely delete their story instead of updating it accordingly like they claim they will in the comments section.

What happened to that site over the years...
I've tried listening to the slashfilm podcast just because my boy Jeff Cannata is on it, but in general, I've found the conversations on that show become too snarky and my opinions don't really line up with anyone there. The discussions often devolve into unfunny jokes and crappy analysis. I listened to their Suicide Squad review and had to turn it off because they started talking about how the movie was poisoning the culture and failing to substantiate that claim with any worthwhile points. You could tell they were out of their element.

Participating from the Dominican republic. Might be living in Michigan for a couple of years starting next week though if everything stays the course.

What's better.
Thor 2 or bvs?
Thor 2 or suicide squad?
What happened in Thor 2. I honestly can only remember a floating cube and some Loki fuckery. Thor 1 I remember fondly not because of the movie but because of the hot make out session with the girl I was with. Had no inclination to watch it again.

People talk a lot about the MCU but before Avengers those movies weren't good at all aside of Iron Man.

Caode

I've tried listening to the slashfilm podcast just because my boy Jeff Cannata is on it, but in general, I've found the conversations on that show become too snarky and my opinions don't really line up with anyone there. The discussions often devolve into unfunny jokes and crappy analysis. I listened to their Suicide Squad review and had to turn it off because they started talking about how the movie was poisoning the culture and failing to substantiate that claim with any worthwhile points. You could tell they were out of their element.

It used to be my first stop online in the mornings for a few years running, but this past two years or so it's really lost it's touch - it's a shadow of what it used to be. I find the majority of their content to be no more than clickbait material, which is a criticism you could lobby at most 'blog-like' sites but it's such a contrast from what I used to find from them.

When it get's to the point that someone (that someone being me) is called arrogant by an author for pointing out said author's evident lack of research on a topic that they've then classed as a definitive look at an upcoming film.. with some fabricated elements sprinkled in throughout, that's when it's time for me to abandon ship.

If you're going to write about films and the industry for a living, you at least owe it to your readership to produce content with some credibility... not blame your readership as arrogant when they point out your lack of credibility.

Dcube

So what's the deal with New Gods? I know next to nothing about them other than they all look kind of goofy so I'm curious why the studio would want a movie, what it would be about, and why it'd be interesting.

Also guess I'll add in I'm from around Niagara Falls, Canada

Ahasverus

Lol, the fucking target on the new Hitman episode is basically Jared Leto, lol.
Oh my god it totally is
I suppose he's cool with this? Because if he isn't...
What's better.
Thor 2 or bvs?
Thor 2 or suicide squad?
BvS
Thor 2

I didn't expect such a diverse group in here, I assumed I was the outlier :eek: we should totally arrrange a collective viewing of /something/ just to hang out and have fun. There are many communities in GAF that have their own skype group and stuff (don't ask me how I know this, else I'd have to kil you)

What program is cool for group calls and that stuff?

shingi70

Banned
BvS
first half hour of suicide squad. but to sit through either film again in their entirety would be masochism.

anyways I didn't know this picture existed a little while ago.
CoO9xhYVYAAjr2c.jpg

barry winning in the multiverse.

That both irsis right?

Is it bad that only thing I take from that photo is shield did trip so dirty.

Oh my god it totally is

I suppose he's cool with this? Because if he isn't...

BvS
Thor 2

I didn't expect such a diverse group in here, I assumed I was the outlier :eek: we should totally arrrange a collective viewing of /something/ just to hang out and have fun. There are many communities in GAF that have their own skype group and stuff (don't ask me how I know this, else I'd have to kil you)

What program is cool for group calls and that stuff?

some communities i've hang out at has discord chat :> its great !

also how do you guys pronounce abbreviated stuff

like MoS, is it, em-oh-es or moss?

BvS, is it bee-vee-ess or beevees?

ive been doing bee-vee-ess but my friend had started to go beevees on me and now im doing beevees too lol

:3

Discord is basically a community-oriented chat room with voice capability, but the main chat room is text-based :> It is also integrated with Steam so it's gamer friendly~

Um, in my other communities, discord is just used to kick back and hangout together, so nothing committal but it's a handy place for when you wanna have someone to talk to and you're bored or something :3

But, in short, it's basically an updated IRC chat room ... i think XD

shingi70

Banned
I picked up a Katana pop today.

What do you guys want to see in a potential Man of Steel 2. I was thinking Brainaic earlier, but with Zsuch a big threat in Justice League, maybe Man of steel 2 could go smaller scale and deal with Metallo and Intergang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom