• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take another 6 Batman movies.

Batman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everyone else

giphy.gif

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
If the solo Batman movie is indeed all set in Arkham, then I want it to be a prequel. Set it like 10-15 years ago. There'd be no reason to have cameos from any other heroes if it's a self contained setting so you don't have to worry about movie continuity. It'd be awesome if he had both Alfred and Oracle in his ear with Robin or Nightwing trying to get in to help him. The only bummer is that Harley wouldn't be in it since she'd be like 10 years old.

IconGrist

Let's recast the DCEU!

Rules: With the exception of one actor you must recast every major character in the DCEU. This does not include roles that have not been officially cast yet. The one exception actor must stay in their current role. You cannot use an actor currently in the MCU.

Superman:

Batman:

Wonder Woman:

Aquaman:

The Flash:

Cyborg:

Lois Lane:

Martha Kent:

Perry White:

Lex Luthor:

Alfred Pennyworth:

Jim Gordon:

The Joker:

Harley Quinn:

Deadshot:

Steve Trevor:

Queen Hippolyta:

Etta Candy:

Mera:

Iris West:

Captain Boomerang:

Silas Stone:

GO!

Gleethor

Let's recast the DCEU!

Superman: Matt Bomer

Batman: Ben Affleck

Wonder Woman: Olivia Wilde

Aquaman: Ryan Gosling

The Flash: Chris Pine

Cyborg: John Boyega

Lois Lane: Morena Baccarin

Martha Kent: Jodie Foster

Perry White: Kelsey Grammar

Lex Luthor: Joaquin Phoenix

Alfred Pennyworth: Geoffrey Rush

Jim Gordon: Bryan Cranston

The Joker: Willem Dafoe

Harley Quinn: Rosamund Pike

Deadshot: Bruce Willis

Steve Trevor: Shia Labeouf

Queen Hippolyta: Angelina Jolie

Etta Candy: Rebel Wilson (lol)

Mera: Natalie Dormer

Iris West: Candice Patton

Captain Boomerang: Tom Hardy

Silas Stone: Keith David

GO!

Mine

Ninjimbo

Let's recast the DCEU!

Rules: With the exception of one actor you must recast every major character in the DCEU. This does not include roles that have not been officially cast yet. The one exception actor must stay in their current role. You cannot use an actor currently in the MCU.

Superman: Michael Phelps

Batman: Robin Van Persei

Wonder Woman: Olga Kurylenko

Aquaman: Sean Bean

The Flash: Usain Bolt

Cyborg: Lebron James

Lois Lane: Anne Hathaway

Martha Kent: Ashley Judd

Perry White: Lance Reddick

Lex Luthor: Michael Fassbender

Alfred Pennyworth:

Jim Gordon: Viggo Mortensen

The Joker: Ben Foster

Harley Quinn: Natalie Dormer

Deadshot: Tyrese

Steve Trevor: Ludacris

Queen Hippolyta: Sandra Bullock

Etta Candy: Don't know

Mera: Jessica Chastain

Iris West: Simone Biles

Captain Boomerang: Ryan Lochte

Silas Stone: Peter Dinklage

GO!
There you go. Rate my list.

Operating under the assumption the characters are written the same, meaning no Batman or Flash in their early 30s.

Superman: Armie Hammer
Batman: Wes Bentley
Wonder Woman: Mary Elizabeth Winstead. Or travel back in time and get Angela Bassett from Strange Days.
Aquaman: Timothy Olyphant
The Flash: Ezra Miller
Lois Lane: Kerry Washington
Lex Luthor: Oscar Isaac
The Joker: Walter Goggins
Jim Gordon: Denzel
Cyborg: Denzel's son from Ballers

I'll work on a list and steal some suggestions others have already put forward. What about MCU roles that are likely over or are we simply barred from using anyone who showed up in one of those movies?

Ashhong

the garbage script. only michael shannon and kevin costner manage to wrangle out of it's awkwardness.

even russell crowe and amy adams can't fight it. love the score though, and Zod is a great villain.

BvS was a big improvement to me, the ultimate edition at least. theatrical version was a bit of a mess in the story telling department compared to man of steel but it looked better and had much more improved dialogue.

Hm, maybe I'm just not picky with scripts, even the worst movies don't bother me script wise. I thought MoS was just fine. No worse than any other action or comic book movie IMO. And everything else was so damn good that it should elevate it past the script woes :/

I'll play your silly little games Ike.

Let's recast the DCEU!

Superman: Me

Batman: Ben Affleck

Wonder Woman: Tatiana Maslany

Aquaman: Matt Damon

The Flash: Zac Efron

Cyborg: Michael B. Jordan

Lois Lane: Mila Kunis

Martha Kent: Kathy Bates

Perry White: Tyler Perry

Lex Luthor: Bryan Cranston

Alfred Pennyworth: Sean Pertwee

Jim Gordon: Ron Perlman

The Joker: Williem Dafoe

Harley Quinn: Kristen Bell

Deadshot: Jake Gyllenhaal

Steve Trevor: Ryan Gosling

I couldn't do the whole list, so I focused on some of the larger roles and roles where someone popped into my mind.

Superman: Henry Cavill (just cause of the look)
Batman: Josh Brolin
Wonder Woman: Emily Blunt
Aquaman: Charlie Hunnam
The Flash: Shia Labeouf
Cyborg: Corey Hawkins
Lois Lane: Olivia Wilde
Perry White: Paul Giamatti
Lex Luthor: Denzel Washington
Alfred Pennyworth: Liam Cunningham
Jim Gordon: Bryan Cranston
The Joker: Jake Gyllenhaal

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I like the movies so far but I agree that it should have been Mos>Batman>BVS> rest of slate.

Meh, we got enough of Batman's character in BvS and I liked how they incorporated him into the universe. If anything maybe a Wonder Woman movie, so we the audience know what she is all about while the characters don't. But even that I didn't need.

Are DC fans on this forum so broken and disillusioned that this thread is now reduced to fan castings?

Should we talk about anonymous letters, disappointing box office returns, and how Wonder Woman is in trouble instead?

I mean, I don't know what else there is to discuss at this point besides Justice League quickly approaching it's end date for filming.

IconGrist

Hmm, DCEU news.

Let's see. Well, Gal Gadot woke up this morning! We could discuss that. Some guy on reddit was repeatedly told to kill himself because he liked the UC of BvS. We could talk about that. Ooh, Jared Leto ruining Blade Runner! That's a spicy topic right now. Not really DCEU news though.

Or maybe, just maybe, there's nothing to talk about so we're just goofing off. Well, they are. I came up with the concept and can't even complete it. :p

Wonder if they'll ever go with the Watchtower or Hall of Justice. Set visits say the League travels around in the Flying Fox, some giant plane Bruce had. And broadly speaking, the members have their own places to hang out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom