• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

Green-Lantern-1-green-lantern-25735615-800-335.gif

Loxley

Wonder if they'll ever go with the Watchtower or Hall of Justice. Set visits say the League travels around in the Flying Fox, some giant plane Bruce had. And broadly speaking, the members have their own places to hang out.

Speaking of the Hall of Justice, I recently visited Six Flags Great America for the first time in years and had a complete nerdgasm when I saw that the new "Justice League: Battle for Metropolis" ride was housed in a replication of the Hall of Justice:

The ride itself was merely okay, it certainly doesn't eclipse the 25 year-old Batman roller-coaster at the same park, which is legendary. Cool thing about that Batman ride, right across from where you get on the roller-coaster they still have on display the old Batsuit that was used in the Batman stunt-show that Six Flags used to put on in their parks back in the early/mid 90's:

ALExGwy.jpg

As you can see, it's basically a low-budget approximation of the first Keaton costume :lol, but I always love seeing it. The Burton-mobile replica they used in the stunt show is also on display outside of the ride:

2cPBNzf.jpg

Loxley

One of these days I'm going to have to stop limiting myself to pencils and paper and get into digital art.

I love working with graphite pencils and ballpoint pen myself, but yeah, digital is awesome once you embrace it. I work more in Adobe Illustrator than Photoshop, which has it's own quirks, but I think it's just as enjoyable.

IconGrist

I love working with graphite pencils and ballpoint pen myself, but yeah, digital is awesome once you embrace it. I work more in Adobe Illustrator than Photoshop, which has it's own quirks, but I think it's just as enjoyable.

I love working with ballpoint, haha. Do or die drawing.

Loxley

show us your arts, mateys!

I draw custom superhero portraits of kids with chronic illnesses for a non-profit project/business I started last year called "You Are the Hero". The kids get to choose their costume, super-powers, superhero name, etc. They basically just tell me what they want and I draw it :) I've done about 46 of them so far, but here are a few examples (more on the website here: www.youarethehero.org):

Jonogunn

I draw custom superhero portraits of kids with chronic illnesses for a non-profit project/business I started last year called "You Are the Hero". The kids get to choose their costume, super-powers, superhero name, etc. They basically just tell me what they want and I draw it :) I've done about 46 of them so far, but here are a few examples (more on the website here: www.youarethehero.org):

Yo that's amazing!

IconGrist

This is just amazing. What a great thing to do. There is absolutely no way I am following that up with my doodles I do in my spare time, haha. Interesting note though, your art style isn't all that different from mine. I'd say my lines are a bit less loose so my images come off a bit more stiff.

omg loxley! that's incredible <3 those children are so precious and your arts are super! <3

Tabby

Man that's incredible!

User1608

Banned
These are so amazing!!! Thank you for sharing!

guek

Banned
Let's recast the DCEU!

Rules: With the exception of one actor you must recast every major character in the DCEU. This does not include roles that have not been officially cast yet. The one exception actor must stay in their current role. You cannot use an actor currently in the MCU.

Superman: Brandon Routh

Batman: Ben Affleck

Wonder Woman: Bridget Regan (she's Dottie in Agent Carter, does that count?)

Aquaman: Alexander Skarsgård

The Flash: Dave Franco (? honestly, I don't know who I'd cast)

Cyborg: Tristan Wilds

Lois Lane: Rebecca Ferguson

Martha Kent: Michelle Pfeiffer

Perry White: Robert De Niro

Lex Luthor: Mark Strong

Alfred Pennyworth: Malcolm McDowell

Jim Gordon: Bryan Cranston

The Joker: Eddie Redmayne

Harley Quinn: Melissa Benoist

Mera: Jessica Chastain

Iris West: Nicole Beharie

GO!

Bonus - Oliver Queen: Armie Hammer

Don't care/don't know about the others

Those are adorable, man. Very well done.

Sambrez_

That's awesome !

D U D E. I'm joking.

uh huh. I'm sure. see what happens when you're negative all the time?
"all will be well" actually, all is well right now.

One of these days I'm going to have to stop limiting myself to pencils and paper and get into digital art.

never giving up my acrylic paints and brushes (shit's expensive) plus nothing feels better than paper on pencil (except for paint on canvas)
and digital art still looks samey and even the simplest steps take too long to do digitally. my opinion of cpurse and I will eventually learn digital but put me square. I suppose it has it's place now obviously.

i think goggins would have been a cool joker.

anyways i've surprisingly warmed up to jaden smith after the get down. i honestly wouldn't mind if he was cast as Wally. though the loud contingent on the internet would explode into fits of rage. but i could really see him and kiersey clemons be great siblings/family members.

Vyer

That is really awesome Loxley. A really great thing you are doing.

shingi70

Banned
Wonder if they'll ever go with the Watchtower or Hall of Justice. Set visits say the League travels around in the Flying Fox, some giant plane Bruce had. And broadly speaking, the members have their own places to hang out.

Could use both with the Hall of Justice being a public front that leads to the watchtower.

Penguin

I feel like they'll do the Hall of Justice first

It makes much more sense to have a grounded base then having them zip off into space.

Kate Strafie please come back to discord, we all miss you ;-;

Oh chat drama!
What happened

Loxley

Thank you for all the kind words about my work guys, it means a lot! Funny thing about doing that project - occasionally you'll see people on GAF and elsewhere saying that "kids these days don't care about Superman" or "kids don't know who Superman is" and that it's all about Iron Man, Thor, Captain America etc now thanks to the popularity of the movies. Based on my limited experience, I can say that it is absolute horseshit.

I cannot tell you how many kids I've illustrated who have requested that I make their costume "look like Superman's" (tights + cape), give them superpowers like Superman (super strength + flight), or have wanted their superhero name to be "Super <their name>". By contrast, what's shocking is the number of kids who have wanted to be drawn in the likeness of any Marvel character - three. One girl wanted to have a jumpsuit like Black Widow, a little boy wanted to have a mask like Spider-Man, and just recently another little boy wanted to have armor like Iron Man.

It just goes to show how much of an icon Superman is that even though his movies aren't the best and his merchandise doesn't sell truckloads, he's still the penultimate superhero that kids want to emulate.

Thank you for all the kind words about my work guys, it means a lot! Funny thing about doing that project - occasionally you'll see people saying that "kids these days don't care about Superman" or "kids don't know who Superman is" and that it's all about Iron Man, Thor, Captain America etc now thanks to the popularity of the movies. Based on my limited experience, I can say that it is absolute horseshit.

I cannot tell you how many kids I've illustrated who have requested that I make their costume "look like Superman's" (tights + cape), give them superpowers like Superman (super strength + flight), or have wanted their superhero name to be "Super <their name>". By contrast, what's shocking is the number of kids who have wanted to be drawn in the likeness of any Marvel character - three. One girl wanted to have a jumpsuit like Black Widow, a little boy wanted to have a mask like Spider-Man, and just recently another little boy wanted to have armor like Iron Man.

It just goes to show how much of an icon Superman is that even though his movies aren't the best and his merchandise doesn't sell truckloads, he's still the penultimate superhero that kids want to emulate.

he'll always be the best.

Aww wow, that's awesome, you are awesome, those kids are super awesome.

Penguin

Ha this is pretty awesome.

Great work.

Though got to say, the donations page is pretty barebones.

Actual heroes in this thread.
I'm currently re-listening to the Man of Steel OST, and hot damn thats some good music.

Nice work dude :)

Thank you for all the kind words about my work guys, it means a lot! Funny thing about doing that project - occasionally you'll see people on GAF and elsewhere saying that "kids these days don't care about Superman" or "kids don't know who Superman is" and that it's all about Iron Man, Thor, Captain America etc now thanks to the popularity of the movies. Based on my limited experience, I can say that it is absolute horseshit.

95% certain kids are born with the image of Superman in their mind.

User1608

Banned

He ain't my favorite but he's a goddamn classic, that Superman! Always was a Batman fan growing up but Superman is awesome too.&#128515;

ReiGun

Just to cosign: I work with elementary students. At the end of the year, I took a poll of their favorite characters, and tons of them said Superman. Way more than any Marvel character, including Spider-Man.

(The Flash was favorite overall as superheroes go)

That's great work you're doing man!

bryanee

Then they should use Wonder Woman since at least she somewhat makes sense.

They use Bats because he's by far the most popular. Its why they did JL v Titans instead of a straight up Teen Titans flick. It gets people on board with TT and now they can spin off into their own movies.

strafer

This is fucking amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom