• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninjimbo

New rumors from 4chan. Straight from bullshit and into your mouth.

- The script for Suicide Squad 2 is almost finished. Bane will be the main antagonist and the squad has to stop his venom operations. Deathstroke will be in the film essentially having Joker's role. He'll be the wildcard trying to get his hands on the venom formula to sell it to the highest bidder.

- Geoff Johns and Zack Snyder have mapped out the DCEU as far as Justice League 4.

- Ben Affleck wants to do at least two Batman films. He has expressed interest in the Court of Owls story arc.

- The solo Batman film will have Batman and Joker locked in Arkham Asylum by Jason Todd and they'll be forced to team up to survive.

- Geoff Johns has written a story for Man of Steel 2. Brainiac will be the main antagonist.

- Ares and Dr. Poison are the two antagonist in Wonder Woman.

- Warner Bros will be making a big announcement about their DC films in two to three weeks from now

Ninjimbo

It's all fake as hell. But I do wonder, can Geoff write a good Superman story? I'm not too familiar with his stories besides his Aquaman run which was really good.

It's all fake as hell. But I do wonder, can Geoff write a good Superman story? I'm not too familiar with his stories besides his Aquaman run which was really good.

He's had some nice ones. His Action Comics run was pretty good, and he did a brief run on Superman near the end of The New 52.

Love me some 4chan rumors.

Bane is a real problem in this universe for the reason just given. Sadly, I think Bane would have to be relegated to someone's muscle with no lines of dialogue again to make it work with Ben.

Ross61

I'd cast Javier Bardem for Bane. Use CGI or practical effects for the venom enhancements.

Also, DC Entertainment is having an 8 Hour Live stream on their YouTube channel on Sept. 2nd so we might get some movie news if we're lucky.

guek

Banned
The biggest issue with a comic-accurate Bane is that you need someone that's huge that's also a really good actor. Tom Hardy is only frickin 5'9''!!! You want someone like Hafþór Björnsson (The Mountain) but the likelihood of finding someone that committed to body building who can also act is very low. Bautista, who isn't a great actor by any stretch, might have been able to pull off a limited version of the role but aside from him, I can't think of anyone else.

And no, John Cena could not play bane -_-;

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Don't need comicbook big, but Batfleck and Baldman are huge as fuck. Not to mention Momoa. And all of them are more actors (not on the same level of course) than bodybuilders.

Gosling as Bane!
at this point I'm going to mention him for every role, bring him in DC!

Ahasverus

I don't think you can top Hardy's Bane. It's actually easier to top Ledger's Joker. Bane is such a goofy character besides TDKR and a few select stories.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Bane got everything going for him except the ending, that could have been more...honourable I guess? I dunno. But the voice, the accent, the lines, Hardy's eyes, his body language and just the menacing aura in combination with his theme and his actions on screen. Loved every single bit.

SJRB

Gold Member
FuyXKs1.jpg

Unless you resort to body builders, power lifters, athletes, wrestlers, or CG, it'll be hard to find somebody bigger than Affleck.

Especially one that can speak in proper sentences lol.

Hardy is the best we'll ever get for bane. Unless they go for somebody smaller than affleck and use camera trickery to make them similar size I don't think the casting for that character will be all that great. Or they might just make him a more silent brute again.

Especially one that can speak in proper sentences lol.

Hardy is the best we'll ever get for bane. Unless they go for somebody smaller than affleck and use camera trickery to make them similar size I don't think the casting for that character will be all that great. Or they might just make him a more silent brute again.

Alternatively, do the Darth Vader thing. Get a huge guy, put him in the full luchador mask, and get an actor to overdub his lines.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Watched Mad Max again. Goddamn, Miller went all out. Probably his magnum opus and don't think he'll be able to top it, but I would love for him to direct a DC movie his way like he did with Mad Max.

Camera fuckery and big boots. It's why I think hiring some beast for bane is unnecessary

Eh, Bale and Hardy are basically the same size. Bale stopped bulking up after Begins, I wouldn't be surprised if Hardy weighed the same or more than Bale in TDKR. At that point, you only have to make up about 2-3" in height. It'd be a much bigger challenge making Hardy appear the same size as Affleck, let alone an imposing threat to him, we're talking a good 8" gap in height and probably 20-30lbs in weight.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Watched Mad Max again. Goddamn, Miller went all out. Probably his magnum opus and don't think he'll be able to top it, but I would love for him to direct a DC movie his way like he did with Mad Max.

He should totally do a road movie with Batman, something like the new All-Star Batman by Scott Snyder.

I WANT THIS NOW!

Tabby

New rumors from 4chan. Straight from bullshit and into your mouth.

- The script for Suicide Squad 2 is almost finished. Bane will be the main antagonist and the squad has to stop his venom operations. Deathstroke will be in the film essentially having Joker's role. He'll be the wildcard trying to get his hands on the venom formula to sell it to the highest bidder.

- Geoff Johns and Zack Snyder have mapped out the DCEU as far as Justice League 4.

- Ben Affleck wants to do at least two Batman films. He has expressed interest in the Court of Owls story arc.

- The solo Batman film will have Batman and Joker locked in Arkham Asylum by Jason Todd and they'll be forced to team up to survive.

- Geoff Johns has written a story for Man of Steel 2. Brainiac will be the main antagonist.

- Ares and Dr. Poison are the two antagonist in Wonder Woman.

- Warner Bros will be making a big announcement about their DC films in two to three weeks from now

Does this line up with that last point? Sorta gives credence or am I just reading too much into this and it's still definitely bullshit.

IconGrist

I don't know if this has been brought up after last week the DCEU has earned over 2billion at the box office. 3rd fastest franchise to achieve that behind Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings.

Ninjimbo

I guess fans are just a sucker for punch

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/23/a...tynextdoor-billboard-chart.html?smid=tw-share

Suicide Squad soundtrack number 1 for 2 weeks in a row
Something I want to know: how do movies make money? I was thinking about this when all the mud was flying about SS's box office. Vague numbers were being thrown around saying the movie had to get to 800 million to break even and it got me thinking about the finances. Basically, it seems like a bad business to me when you have to spend 250 million on a budget to make a movie and then hope it makes three times that in theaters just to break even.

Now I'm sure this isn't the only way it a movie makes money cuz these big time studios aren't dumb so what are the other ways? Home video sales are one avenue. Anything else?

Something I want to know: how do movies make money? I was thinking about this when all the mud was flying about SS's box office. Vague numbers were being thrown around saying the movie had to get to 800 million to break even and it got me thinking about the finances. Basically, it seems like a bad business to me when you have to spend 250 million on a budget to make a movie and then hope it makes three times that in theaters just to break even.

Now I'm sure this isn't the only way it a movie makes money cuz these big time studios aren't dumb so what are the other ways? Home video sales are one avenue. Anything else?

Home video, streaming, and cable rights are the other ways I know of. Films like this you can also look at merchandising.

Penguin

Home video, streaming, and cable rights are the other ways I know of. Films like this you can also look at merchandising.

Essentially this

You can make some tiny money on 2nd run theaters/special engagements.

Home sales (Blu/DVD/streaming)

Selling to channels premium movie channels then basic cable and then eventually broadcast TV

Merchandising and licensing and sometimes just building brand awareness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom