• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's important to also account for wacky-ass Hollywood accounting. "Breaking even" is something they almost aspire to not do at times, it lets them get massive tax breaks.

Atomic Odin

I know those 4chan 'rumours' are a load of horse poo, but it'd be so so amazing if the solo batman turned out to be a court of owls adaptation. I was re-reading vol 1 just a few days ago infact, such a great story.

Would put it above a red hood adaptation even in all honesty.

Somebody sneaked a pic of Cavill in his new costume. Spoilers for the twist.

[soiler][
x5HHyxTl.jpg
[/spoiler]

SJRB

Gold Member
Camera fuckery and big boots. It's why I think hiring some beast for bane is unnecessary

Let's ruin a scene: the sequence where Bane talks to and then kills Taggert he seems like a hulking giant.. He's actually standing on a ledge the whole time.

Ninjimbo

I was watching Lord of the Rings the other day and it got me in the mood to watch The Appendices in the Extended Editions. Those docs pretty much show you how a movie gets made. There's so many interviews, so much behind the scenes footage, so much information being divulged that you can't help but be amazed at what all that work ended up producing.

I want a two hour doc on the making of BvS. There had to be tons of stories in that mess of a production. I would sacrifice several animals for it.

guek

Banned
*nitpick warning* That shot always confused me because it looks like Superman is dragging ship with each step but the force of his feet on the ice would cause him to either go straight through it or crack the ice underneath him. Curse you physics! Maybe he's just flying and miming the steps through the air for fun.

strafer

*nitpick warning* That shot always confused me because it looks like Superman is dragging ship with each step but the force of his feet on the ice would cause him to either go straight through it or crack the ice underneath him. Curse you physics! Maybe he's just flying and miming the steps through the air for fun.

Ice can be thick you know.

guek

Banned
Ice can be thick you know.

That doesn't really matter in this scenario, the physics of the strain doesn't work if he's pressing off with his feet. But admittedly, getting hung up on a superhero movie not accurately portraying physics is a really dumb thing to get bothered over.

IconGrist

Something isn't not a spoiler just because it lasts 3 seconds and is not story relevant. Come on now.

What about that is a spoiler? That Harley wears the suit? The same suit you can see in two other shots in a number of trailers? For that shot to be a spoiler you'd have to have a ridiculous sensitivity that no one should be obligated to consider. That's a well known Harley costume. It'd be like being mad you saw Batman use a batarang.

That doesn't really matter in this scenario, the physics of the strain doesn't work if he's pressing off with his feet. But admittedly, getting hung up on a superhero movie not accurately portraying physics is a really dumb thing to get bothered over.

The other thing to remember is Superman's strength doesn't work like ours. We don't know how heavy that ship is to him. It could be the equivalent of one of us dragging a yoyo. Him taking it slow could be more to do with him protecting the integrity of the chain and the velocity at which he drags the ship (which has people sitting on top of it).

Ahasverus

I don't care about "spoilers" in a fan dedicated general discussion thread, one month after release, cry me a river.
Canonically, Superman causes a gravity surrounding forcefield to everything he touches, enabling them to work within his own force. That's why planes don't get pierced through when he grabs them with his two hands.

Ahasverus

Yeah well this fan hasn't been able to see it yet so fuck me right?
This is a thread where we openly talk about EVERYTHING in the DCEU, you know that. Pre-release spoilers? Sure, we keep them in check, but after that it's fair game.

There's plenty to love or hate in the movie, your experience will be intact, that I assure you.

bryanee

This is a thread where we openly talk about EVERYTHING in the DCEU, you know that. Pre-release spoilers? Sure, we keep them in check, but after that it's fair game.

We openly talk about shit and spoiler it if appropriate like I do with every post I make that I consider a spoiler whether said product is out or not. We have spoiler threads for a reason. But by all means carry on.

Ashhong

There are footprints behind him, I always thought he was on snow covered ground at this point, not ice.

What about that is a spoiler? That Harley wears the suit? The same suit you can see in two other shots in a number of trailers? For that shot to be a spoiler you'd have to have a ridiculous sensitivity that no one should be obligated to consider. That's a well known Harley costume. It'd be like being mad you saw Batman use a batarang.

Everybody in here was going NUTS over that stupid Batman Joker suit complaining about how it was a spoiler in the movie. How is this any different? I would argue this is a bigger spoiler because it's an actual scene. Whether or not we should be able to talk about spoilers after a certain point after release is another topic.

IconGrist

Everybody in here was going NUTS over that stupid Batman Joker suit complaining about how it was a spoiler in the movie. How is this any different? I would argue this is a bigger spoiler because it's an actual scene. Whether or not we should be able to talk about spoilers after a certain point after release is another topic.

One is a common thing anybody who is remotely familiar with Harley would have known. The other is not a common thing so if it had been in the movie that would be a ruined surprise. Harley wearing a commonly known Harley outfit is not a surprise by any stretch.

Ashhong

One is a common thing anybody who is remotely familiar with Harley would have known. The other is not a common thing so if it had been in the movie that would be a ruined surprise. Harley wearing a commonly known Harley outfit is not a surprise by any stretch.

One is a scene of them dancing. It's not just the outfit. Some people like to be surprised. First time on the big screen that these two are together, you can't see why someone wouldn't that spoiled? Come on man

I think it's best not to post movie stills while it's still in theaters, that was actually a nice surprise when I saw it at the theater. et's not spoil everybody else sense of wonder and surprise just because they haven't been able to see the movie yet.

IconGrist

One is a scene of them dancing. It's not just the outfit. Some people like to be surprised. First time on the big screen that these two are together, you can't see why someone wouldn't that spoiled? Come on man

No, I literally cannot. I know I'm coming off like an asshole here and I'm sorry but I cannot fathom how that image is considered a spoiler. Aha posted a spoiler about that cameo and that was a dick move. I can see why that would upset people but that Harley image is nothing to be upset over.

a916

It's a spoiler because some people like to go into the movie 100% blind.

I could be wrong, but we all came to a consensus (not like it's plastered everywhere) with BvS that we would dive into full spoiler talk the first Monday after release... we're almost 4 weeks out from Suicide Squad.

guek

Banned
Canonically, Superman causes a gravity surrounding forcefield to everything he touches, enabling them to work within his own force. That's why planes don't get pierced through when he grabs them with his two hands.

Yes, I'm familiar with this explanation, but it just provokes more physics questions! :p

The scene is fine, I'm just nitpicking out of boredom. It wouldn't be fair to actually use my criticism as a valid complaint when it's just my brain pointing out stuff that doesn't bother 99.9% of people who see it.

Ahasverus

guek

Banned
First stage writers usually only make the basic story outline don't they? Like, I should not be worried at this point?

Depends on the project in question but in all likelihood, the story Gilio drafts will probably be hacked up multiple times by multiple writers before they even start filming. That's just what tends to happen with movies of this size. It's concerning in that they may be starting on shaky ground with a subpar writer but not to the point where they wouldn't be able to easily course correct between now and shooting.

Liman's a great get, he's good at mixing action with comedy aka good summer movie fare. The only true stinker he made that I can think of is Jumper, most of his movies range from decent to good. He would be nice choice to direct JL2 if things work out.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder what JL will be like tonally. They course-corrected after BvS. The script (while lighter before BvS was even released) is changed all the time. Affleck and Johns did some rewrites if I'm not mistaken. Original script still by Terrio. Snyder's movies are pretty consistent in tone. And then there is WB who could step in once again....

I'm worried about that one really. Snyder must be burnt-out at this point (especially after the reaction to BvS). And then there is Wonder Woman, which did look fantastic.

Vyer

I can see how the Harley thing was meant to be a nice surprise (it's not like it was that version of Harley associated with the marketing). As such, I can see how that would suck for someone who would like to see that surprise as the filmmakers intended.

Not a big deal that ruins the movie, of course. (And as mentioned we're pretty far from release at this point) But sometimes a little empathy goes a long way.

Gleethor

JL Dark will be DC's real Guardians of The Galaxy. Assuming the team in the Variety article is correct, Constantine is Star Lord, Zatanna is Gamora, Etrigan is Drax, Swamp Thing is Groot, and Deadman is Rocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom