• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptor

What I want most in Man of Steel 2 is Superman doing stuff like this, inhuman stuff.

WNcNW2Y.png

My facebook cover :p

Tabby

More 4chan leaks! This time about the Man of Steel sequel.
  • The working titles for the film are Superman: Last Son and Last Son of Krypton.
  • Geoff Johns and Zack Snyder wrote the story.
  • J.J Abrams has been approached to direct the film. Doug Liman was also a candidate. Snyder is still interested in directing the character.
  • Snyder and Johns want to complete a Superman trilogy.
  • Brainiac is the main villain.
  • The film would open with a Krypton sequence ten years before the birth of Superman. Brainiac takes the city of Kandor while General Zod, Faora and his forces try to defend the city. Kara Zor-El is also a soldier that ends up trapped by Brainiac in the bottled city of Kandor.
  • Geoff Johns and Zack Snyder wrote the opening sequence with the intention of showing that General Zod was once a hero.
  • General Sam Lane would have a small role in the film and will be set up as a potential future antagonist.
  • Lois Lane's role is really small. The story will focus on Superman, Brainiac and Krypton.
  • The capital of Thanagar will be in Brainiac's collection.
  • Martain Manhunter was discussed at one point. He would have chased Brainiac to earth after Brainiac captured his race alongside his family.
  • Superman will travel to space in this film.
  • Kara Zor-El will meet her cousin once he enters Brainiac's ship. She'll be younger due to the fact that races in bottled cities don't age
  • Superman would fight Brianiac twice in this film. In space and on Earth.
  • The Justice League would make a cameo at the end of the film to help Superman in the final battle.
Source
Most likely bullshit but these are always fun to read.

Tabby

You can't deny the whole thing sounds perfect. More depth for Zod, Kryptonian lore, space <3

Just getting a Man of Steel sequel is getting me giddy. Kara Zor El? Martian Manhunter?! More Krypton!? More Space?! I'm going to be so disappointed when we get none of this.

Reading some folks thinking this actresses, Eiza Gonzalez, might be Zatanna. Twitter business isn't my scene but seemingly Johns liked her tweet hinting at it. Or something. And that puts it above the typical actor on twitter wants job tweets.

Speaking of Twitter speculation, was Doug Liman someone Channing Tatum wanted for Gambit or was that just the a studio pick? If Tatum wanted him, maybe this is where he ends up based on the whole Famuyiwa following incident a few months back?

I can see it now, "Channing Tatum is John Constantine."

Kibbles

Admit it, you geeked out

tZoXk3g.png

6viXEQs.png

Definitely a reshoot scene, they did a terrible job at covering his eyebrows lmao, didn't even blend in.

Another deleted scene where he's not wearing that poor wig in the reshoots:
tumblr_ocdyvio2fj1uwii26o1_1280.jpg

Looks like they originally shot the scene from the book where Common's character kills himself, but chopped up the scene and made reshoot wig-Joker kill him.

SJRB

Gold Member
I still don't understand that scene with Common.. What was the point of pimping Harley to him, other than to mess with his head I guess?

Should've painted his eyebrows white as a Cesar Romero callback.

Somebody will dissect the film to see where the reshoots were. Leto's eyebrows can be Sue Storm's wig.

Tabby

I still don't understand that scene with Common.. What was the point of pimping Harley to him, other than to mess with his head I guess?

They're just fucking with him and having fun.
He knows that if he gets Harley he's fucked because that's Joker's girl and if he refuses then that in itself is an insult because it's like saying Harley isn't good enough.

I would have preferred him shooting himself. I feel like that would have made it more interesting.

kmfdmpig

Essentially this

You can make some tiny money on 2nd run theaters/special engagements.

Home sales (Blu/DVD/streaming)

Selling to channels premium movie channels then basic cable and then eventually broadcast TV

Merchandising and licensing and sometimes just building brand awareness.

Good post.

The Merchandising, licensing, and brand awareness are much more significant for these films than they would be for something like Interstellar as these characters have been around for a long time and the more DC can make them popular the more money they can make with them in the future. Look at how much more significant Iron Man is now thanks to the movies. There are Iron Man toys, and multiple Iron Man comics now due to the success of the films. If SS had been more of a hit financially and critically it would have elevated the stature of the characters (Harley is already there, but the others are not) and that would have helped with toy sales, merchandising and comics for years to come. As it is, they probably still get a boost, albeit less of one than if SS had taken off.

Dcube

Man those Superman rumours sound great, I'd love more of a space based Superman movie. No way it turns out that awesome.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I wrote that rumour to disappoint you guys with it being fake. Take that.

I only care about Faora. <3

J_Viper

More 4chan leaks! This time about the Man of Steel sequel.
  • The working titles for the film are Superman: Last Son and Last Son of Krypton.
  • Geoff Johns and Zack Snyder wrote the story.
  • J.J Abrams has been approached to direct the film. Doug Liman was also a candidate. Snyder is still interested in directing the character.
  • Snyder and Johns want to complete a Superman trilogy.
  • Brainiac is the main villain.
  • The film would open with a Krypton sequence ten years before the birth of Superman. Brainiac takes the city of Kandor while General Zod, Faora and his forces try to defend the city. Kara Zor-El is also a soldier that ends up trapped by Brainiac in the bottled city of Kandor.
  • Geoff Johns and Zack Snyder wrote the opening sequence with the intention of showing that General Zod was once a hero.
  • General Sam Lane would have a small role in the film and will be set up as a potential future antagonist.
  • Lois Lane's role is really small. The story will focus on Superman, Brainiac and Krypton.
  • The capital of Thanagar will be in Brainiac's collection.
  • Martain Manhunter was discussed at one point. He would have chased Brainiac to earth after Brainiac captured his race alongside his family.
  • Superman will travel to space in this film.
  • Kara Zor-El will meet her cousin once he enters Brainiac's ship. She'll be younger due to the fact that races in bottled cities don't age
  • Superman would fight Brianiac twice in this film. In space and on Earth.
  • The Justice League would make a cameo at the end of the film to help Superman in the final battle.
Source
Most likely bullshit but these are always fun to read.

The biggest giveaway that this is fake would be Zack's involvement

Ya'll are crazy if you think WB is gonna let the guy make any creative decisions again. Hell, I expect them to part ways after JUSTice League wraps.

The biggest giveaway that this is fake would be Zack's involvement

Ya'll are crazy if you think WB is gonna let the guy make any creative decisions again. Hell, I expect them to part ways after JUSTice League wraps.

I mean, it's only a story credit if it turned out to be true. They could have done that sitting around eating lunch shooting the shit about what to do in the future. While Snyder might be on the outside looking in, his production company is still attached to a good number of these films moving forward. He's going to have some input.

guek

Banned
I mean, it's only a story credit if it turned out to be true. They could have done that sitting around eating lunch shooting the shit about what to do in the future. While Snyder might be on the outside looking in, his production company is still attached to a good number of these films moving forward. He's going to have some input.

If they really are cutting ties with him (which at this point is just a reasonable but mostly baseless assumption), I can only imagine how awkward it is having him direct JL and exchanging notes between the production crew and the studio. It'd feel like being forced to work with an ex on a big, important project.

Bleepey

I was watching Lord of the Rings the other day and it got me in the mood to watch The Appendices in the Extended Editions. Those docs pretty much show you how a movie gets made. There's so many interviews, so much behind the scenes footage, so much information being divulged that you can't help but be amazed at what all that work ended up producing.

I want a two hour doc on the making of BvS. There had to be tons of stories in that mess of a production. I would sacrifice several animals for it.

The divisive nature of the film is probably why a director's commentary wasn't added. I was hoping for a director and cast commentary but that was not the case.

It'd make sense since scheduling all the actors on the TV show prohibits a huge team up. Tend to get three or so working together. I imagine Reverse-Flash is somehow involved but not the main event. Could be neat to have the story about RF concocting scenarios to make Barry a better hero.

Tabby

On periscope, Mayimbe said the Flash will be going up against the Rogues in his solo movie.

I can definitely dig that. It's something we haven't really seen in the TV show. Just tease RF until the 2nd movie if they decide to make a sequel.

But you know, El Maybe.

Ninjimbo

The divisive nature of the film is probably why a director's commentary wasn't added. I was hoping for a director and cast commentary but that was not the case.
Me too. If anything, we at least deserved a breakdown of the Batman fight by Damon Caro. That dude knows how to stage fight scenes. I want to know what the thinking was going into filming that warehouse fight. The more I watch it, the more I appreciate it. It's almost Raid-like.

Me too. If anything, we at least deserved a breakdown of the Batman fight by Damon Caro. That dude knows how to stage fight scenes. I want to know what the thinking was going into filming that warehouse fight. The more I watch it, the more I appreciate it. It's almost Raid-like.

I still want the full warehouse scene. At least two shots are missing in the ultimate cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom