• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odoul

I wonder what JL will be like tonally. They course-corrected after BvS. The script (while lighter before BvS was even released) is changed all the time. Affleck and Johns did some rewrites if I'm not mistaken. Original script still by Terrio. Snyder's movies are pretty consistent in tone. And then there is WB who could step in once again....

I'm worried about that one really. Snyder must be burnt-out at this point (especially after the reaction to BvS). And then there is Wonder Woman, which did look fantastic.

Man of Steel =
blade-movie-poster-1998-1020474001.jpg

Justice League =
v1.bTsxMTE2OTYzODtqOzE3MTQ3OzIwNDg7ODAwOzEyMDA

You're gonna get jokes a minute and you're gonna like it.

Verendus

Banned
The trailer probably.
I didn't even know this happened.

Edit:

That looked alright. Not really a trailer though. Aquaman looks like one mean motherjubber. It makes me wonder what kind of movie it's going to be. It's an early look so not representative of the final product, but I'm hoping this implies that it's more of an intimate movie rather than a bombastic extravaganza. Maybe the villain threat is something that's smaller scale that isn't in the face of the public. I'd like that. Give it a bit of a horror bent.

Although I'm sure that's not happening.

Verendus

Banned
That's it, friends.

He can rock it in red and blue or black and silver. It doesn't matter. That's what he needs to rock come Justice League, Year of our Godzilla, 2017.

Tabby

El Maybe also said on Periscope that Hal Jordan is definitely showing up in Justice League and that Ares will show up in Wonder Woman looking for the Sword of Alexander.

Periscope here if anyone's interested.

Dead

well not really...yet
Justice League is going to have a quick turn around from Filming ->Post -> Release, unlike BvS which was pushed back a year.

I feel the tighter schedule will work in it's favor, leaving less time available for second guessing and mucking things up like what happened with Suicide Squad.

Dead

well not really...yet
El Maybe also said on Periscope that Hal Jordan is definitely showing up in Justice League and that Ares will show up in Wonder Woman looking for the Sword of Alexander.

I've been thinking for a while the the giant twist in Justice League will be a Green Lantern reveal in the final act. Not to put too much stake in El Mambimbo's rumours, but I would not be surprised if he is right about that one.

Tabby

I've been thinking for a while the the giant twist in Justice League will be a Green Lantern reveal in the final act. Not to put too much stake in El Mambimbo's rumours, but I would not be surprised if he is right about that one.

There was also that bit during the panel where someone from the crowd yelled out "Green Lantern" and Ezra turned his head like he knew something.

shingi70

Banned

Where would Supes show up.

Ashhong

I just sat through that whole thing. I enjoyed it immensely. I don't know much about his track record but the way he talks makes me want to believe everything he says. He says he cannot and will not ever break a false story again while at the Wrap so...I will believe.

Also he doesn't say GL will be in JL 1. He says that GL will be the 7th member. Could be in JL2

Justice League is going to have a quick turn around from Filming ->Post -> Release, unlike BvS which was pushed back a year.

I feel the tighter schedule will work in it's favor, leaving less time available for second guessing and mucking things up like what happened with Suicide Squad.

Shorter than BvS but they will still have around a year, which is a pretty long post time no?

Before that. Steppenwolf is the villain right? They're gonna need help to defeat him. Green Lantern shows up in a mid-credits scene and warns them that they won the battle, but haven't won the war.

If this happens it will 100% be spoiled before we all see the movie and that is going to suck :(

Verendus

Banned

lol

I just looked at Suicide Squad's reviews, and it got roasted. Rough year. At least it's made a lot of money from the looks of it. That'll be some consolation for them.

Verendus

Banned
Oh my god Verendus where have you been? You sound like you were put into coma for months :p
No coma. I'm pretty healthy.

GAF tends to be my source for these kind of things as I'm usually too busy to bother otherwise. Most people don't keep up with this kind of stuff. I'm no different. I'm a normal, and real, boy.

Edit:

Hold on a second. I haven't seen Suicide Squad, and intend to eventually. It's Will Smith in a blockbuster again. Do folks post spoilers freely in here, or is everyone using spoiler tags in general when discussing the movies?

What's the etiquette? Gotta know if I should stay away.

Ninjimbo

No coma. I'm pretty healthy.

GAF tends to be my source for these kind of things as I'm usually too busy to bother otherwise. Most people don't keep up with this kind of stuff. I'm no different. I'm a normal, and real, boy.

Edit:

Hold on a second. I haven't seen Suicide Squad, and intend to eventually. It's Will Smith in a blockbuster again. Do folks post spoilers freely in here, or is everyone using spoiler tags in general when discussing the movies?

What's the etiquette? Gotta know if I should stay away.
We tend to wait a few weeks before we start posting spoilers freely. We also haven't discussed SS all that much as of late so you can chill here for awhile.

Ashhong

We tend to wait a few weeks before we start posting spoilers freely. We also haven't discussed SS all that much as of late so you can chill here for awhile.

On the contrary, we just had a whole debacle about spoilers with Suicide Squad, and I just read some legit ones earlier in this thread. Someone mentioned there are no spoiler tags after a movie comes out. Not sure what we decided upon.

Azazzel

Am i the only one concerned with this movie actually doing too well? Warner executives actually believing that their meddling is a good thing might affect things in the long run.

I really don't want that.

Ashhong

Am i the only one concerned with this movie actually doing too well? Warner executives actually believing that their meddling is a good thing might affect things in the long run.

I don't think it did well enough to do that. Warner may enjoy the money but they know the vibe that the DCEU has right now. Supposedly the movie needs to make like 800million anyway to make a profit.

BadAss2961

David Ayer just tweeted this

David Ayer ‏@DavidAyerMovies
@SuicideSquadWB 600 million worldwide! Thank you to everyone for making this a success! @WarnerBrosEnt

So yeah, movie is doing well!
Can always tell the movie's doing well when the box office fanboys have nothing to say.

Nah... I thought it was really cool though.

It is where it is in spite of crap reviews and bad press. Who knows where it would be had it just gotten the same pass some other bullshit movies get.

I think the consensus will end up being if they didn't meddle and let their directors do their thing, they could have made a good 300-500 million more at the box office between both films.

IconGrist

Movie isn't going to clear GotG's numbers when it easily should have by now. The spanking it got in reviews plus the lower returns than anticipated will have WB's attention. We're the fanboys in here and I don't even think half of us liked it all that much. They'll learn something from it but there's no telling it was the right lesson. But between this and the BvS UC hopefully one of the lessons learned is let the director make their movie. Or stop hiring directors that aren't suited for four quadrant films.

Ninjimbo

On the contrary, we just had a whole debacle about spoilers with Suicide Squad, and I just read some legit ones earlier in this thread. Someone mentioned there are no spoiler tags after a movie comes out. Not sure what we decided upon.
Well besides the little incident with Harley we haven't discussed SS as much. :p

I don't think it did well enough to do that. Warner may enjoy the money but they know the vibe that the DCEU has right now. Supposedly the movie needs to make like 800million anyway to make a profit.
That 800 million number seems kinda bogus to me, but I'm with you on the rest. WB has to have gotten the message that the studio cuts of these movies have hurt their overall quality. Whether it means less executive meddling is anyone's guess.

Mario007

Movie isn't going to clear GotG's numbers when it easily should have by now. The spanking it got in reviews plus the lower returns than anticipated will have WB's attention. We're the fanboys in here and I don't even think half of us liked it all that much. They'll learn something from it but there's no telling it was the right lesson. But between this and the BvS UC hopefully one of the lessons learned is let the director make their movie. Or stop hiring directors that aren't suited for four quadrant films.
If you subtract GotGs China numbers SS is doing pretty on par with it. Still, honestly it should be doing Deadpool numbers.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
You guys better be ready for Wonder Woman. It will be no different. We'll know beforehand anyway. If the review embargo is like 2 days before release, then you have permission to cry.

You guys better be ready for Wonder Woman. It will be no different. We'll know beforehand anyway. If the review embargo is like 2 days before release, then you have permission to cry.

In some ways, Warner Bros just needs to go radio silent on their DC projects until early next year. Don't even talk about them, hopefully it will drop them out of the constant blog coverage cycle.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
You're gonna get jokes a minute and you're gonna like it.

I refuse!

In some ways, Warner Bros just needs to go radio silent on their DC projects until early next year. Don't even talk about them, hopefully it will drop them out of the constant blog coverage cycle.

To truly fuck with people, no more trailers for JL and WW.

Loxley

Honestly? At this point I've already accepted that if there is going to be a "DCEU 2.0: We've finally got our shit together"- it won't really be until Flash and Aquaman.

Penguin

David Ayer just tweeted this

David Ayer ‏@DavidAyerMovies
@SuicideSquadWB 600 million worldwide! Thank you to everyone for making this a success! @WarnerBrosEnt

So yeah, movie is doing well!

So what do we want from a Suicide Squad sequel?

It's a weird one because the problem for many seem to be story/pacing and probably one of the easier things to fix.

I liked most of the actors in their roles so on-board with the cast, but gonna need the villain announcement upfront.

Gleethor

I want captain cold and black manta to be approached by Waller for the squad after being apprehended in the flash and aqua man solo movies. That would be really cool to see villains we've already met elsewhere on the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom