• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

obin_gam

So what do we want from a Suicide Squad sequel?

It's a weird one because the problem for many seem to be story/pacing and probably one of the easier things to fix.

I liked most of the actors in their roles so on-board with the cast, but gonna need the villain announcement upfront.

A mission going from A to B without any fucking stupid trailer edits.

Ninjimbo

It's a weird one because the problem for many seem to be story/pacing and probably one of the easier things to fix.

I liked most of the actors in their roles so on-board with the cast, but gonna need the villain announcement upfront.
Rated R, more Will Smith. Bring back the same team minus Harley (she should be doing her own thing) and place another female baddie in her place. More Waller.

How about instead of a villain they go after a superhero? Maybe Supergirl.

strafer

Gal just tweeted this <.<

CqzMRYMVYAEag2i.jpg:large

Odoul

I want captain cold and black manta to be approached by Waller for the squad after being apprehended in the flash and aqua man solo movies. That would be really cool to see villains we've already met elsewhere on the squad.

That would be pretty great.

Of course they'd need to stop killing their villains for that.

For the SS to be fighting another team, or something smaller.

Maybe a foreign power learns of Task Force X and creates their own.

Or an enemy/rival of Amanda Waller wants her dead and sends an assasin after her. It's the Squad's job to save her life/smoke out who's responsible.

Or (what the original rumors for this movie were flying, metahumans are popping up all over (not just criminals), and some entity is abducting them.

Deathstroke and scenario that doesn't mean saving the world.

I actually didn't mind that 4chan rumor about Bane, the venom formula, and Deathstroke being a part of the team, but out for himself.

Oh yeah, I forgot, they could use venom to reboot Killer Croc into a full CG character. I'd rather have him be closer in appearance to the Arkham games than what we got in SS. Croc gets captured, Bane injects him with venom as a test, Croc changes.

Gleethor

My ideal team for a SS2 would be Deadshot and Harley returning with Flag and Katana back as babysitters and Waller overseeing everything, of course. Newcomers would be Black Manta, Captain Cold, King Shark, Posion Ivy and Bronze Tiger. Croc and Boomer are back in their home cities and make appearances in the solo Batman and Flash films, respectively.

Antagonist could be Deathstroke and/or Bane, either of whom could be working for Luthor.

Jonogunn

Yah no more big light in the sky world ending threats. Keep the mission to something small.

Studios need to realize not every threat needs to be world ending.

Squad's got a long history of that sort of thing, though.

That said, adapting the very first arc would probably work well. Superpowered terrorists-for-hire operating out of Iran vs. the Squad.

i'd like a sucide squad movie where they actually feel like they're under threat for their lives/forced into this rather than a bunch of dorks doing this crap willingly. such a lame bunch of villains.

somehow Snyder made Batman feel waaay more unsettling in BvS than Ayer could any of these villains (including joker) lmao.

Jonogunn

i'd like a sucide squad movie where they actually feel like they're under threat for their lives/forced into this rather than a bunch of dorks doing this crap willingly. such a lame bunch of villains.

somehow Snyder made Batman feel waaay more unsettling in BvS than Ayer could any of these villains (including joker) lmao.

Good point about the batman thing. Never noticed that but u r right.

Something more along the line sf the animated suicide squad movie would be perfect.

SS went too much into the guardians of the galaxy route which is a shame. Could have been their own thing completely.

SS infiltrating another country, vs another metahuman team. Have to get a bomb, or stop the group from doing something horrible, give it a mission impossible vibe. Add Lex Luthor to the team, and have the villains act a little more villainous. There is a scene with Captain Boomerang from early Ostrander that I loved, where someone who gave him a ton of shit earlier is about to get shot dead, and he's about to save them, but just lets it happen. Lex is released after the movie is done.

SS3 then is Forever Evil.

Suicide Squad 2, maybe set it around Bludhaven with the vague secret society threat of a domestic nuke threat. You learn Waller had other operatives embedded with the group who were caught and killed after sending info. She resorts to sending the known Suicide Squad members in to stop it. Physical threat is Deathstroke and some expendable C/D-list villains; if you want to get dumb, have Katana pretending to be a part of the group. Also get Nightwing mixed up in there half-helping the Suicide Squad. Perhaps they sort of fail when there's a dumb twist like the nuke is Chemo. But actually build it up as a suicide mission. Like a super high stakes bomb defusal. And have the bad guys on both sides do bad things.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member

Snyder da gawd.

WhiteWolf

Yeah I agree.

Does everyone think Ayer should direct Suicide Squad 2? I want to see his original cut (probably never happening), but I would be ok with another director giving it a go. The action scenes were really lacking with Squad.

guek

Banned
Suicide Squad 2, maybe set it around Bludhaven with the vague secret society threat of a domestic nuke threat. You learn Waller had other operatives embedded with the group who were caught and killed after sending info. She resorts to sending the known Suicide Squad members in to stop it. Physical threat is Deathstroke and some expendable C/D-list villains; if you want to get dumb, have Katana pretending to be a part of the group. Also get Nightwing mixed up in there half-helping the Suicide Squad. Perhaps they sort of fail when there's a dumb twist like the nuke is Chemo. But actually build it up as a suicide mission. Like a super high stakes bomb defusal. And have the bad guys on both sides do bad things.

Rather than Bludhaven, I'd opt for Bialya and the Squad being sent in to prevent an international incident.

a916

I want there to be a reason why each member was used. Like a Metroid game, each weapon is used while you go through showing us that each member is important and selected for a reason.

Also, need a villain that isn't so tacked on and Marvel like... give me something that makes the SKWADs story and journey shine.

IconGrist

Saw a joke about SS making more than MoS. "No one likes you, Clark." BvS and SS were about Superman. His legacy continues.

*flies off into the sun*

guek

Banned
Yeah I agree.

Does everyone think Ayer should direct Suicide Squad 2? I want to see his original cut (probably never happening), but I would be ok with another director giving it a go. The action scenes were really lacking with Squad.
I'm willing to give Ayer the benefit of the doubt based on his prior work that Squad was a product of it's really poor preproduction process. I'd be ok with him getting another shot.

Some deep pulls in that batch. Not really impressed with anything on that list. The Suicide Squad 2 rumor likely invalidates that entire list. Ayer just started the script and they want to start shooting in spring 2017? First, the person making the list must not realize he's scheduled to do Bright next. Second, that sounds exactly like what happened with the first movie, you'd think they would want to avoid a similar situation again.

Jonogunn

We just need that one good dc movie to let us be at peace for a little while.

I'm always worried when new marvel or dc movies come out because I want them all to be really good. When civil war turned out to be awesome I breathed a sigh of relief and could relax patiently til the next marvel movie.

I wish I could same for DC but the DC fanboy in me is struggling.

I'm watching Man of Steel again, because I obviously hate my life, and the first hour feels like such a better movie than BvS. Sure, we didn't need 30 minutes of Krypton and Crowe as Jor-El, but Clark finding himself is a much more interesting story than whatever happened in BvS. Pa Kent's stance on the matter still baffles me a little (I'm at the tornado scene right now), but the rest of the movie seems so... hopeful, if that makes sense. I'm not looking forward to the rest of the movie, to be honest, because I know what's waiting for me. And yet I'm more interested in MoS 2 than JL. As someone who never read an issue of Superman in my life, I feel like there are more interesting stories to be told, without the mass destruction and leveling of an entire city.

E: To clarify it a little, I'm not being negative on the movie because of the death of fictional people in the movie. I really couldn't care less about the consequences of the mass destruction. It's just that the entire sequence bores me to death. Seeing the fight and the resulting destruction is just plain boring for me. I feel like I've seen that scene a thousand times in every recent superhero movie and I couldn't care just a tiny bit about it. It looks all the same, it adds nothing of value, the visuals are not exciting and it doesn't get any better. It's just noise and I'd rather skip it entirely.

Is there any indication that Knightfall has happened in the DCEU? Pre-Knightfall Bane is a far superior character, before he becomes random goon that pads out a roster.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Harley's file says she was an intern at Arkham during her undergrad. Also that Deadshot was a vigilante in the past. Lists Gotham as Gotham, New Jersey.
Also, her arrest by Batman was on October 13, 2014. Wonder how long she's been Harley if she was involved in the death of Robin? Unless that little blurb was just put in by the VFX house and Ayer had no say in it? Cause that would mean Robin was killed only like, at most, 5 years ago. Which would be kinda weird if Tim Drake followed in his footsteps and is already Red Robin or at least not with Batman anymore in those 4-5 years.

Also, her arrest by Batman was on October 13, 2014. Wonder how long she's been Harley if she was involved in the death of Robin? Unless that little blurb was just put in by the VFX house and Ayer had no say in it? Cause that would mean Robin was killed only like, at most, 5 years ago. Which would be kinda weird if Tim Drake followed in his footsteps and is already Red Robin or at least not with Batman anymore in those 4-5 years.

Time table of events are confusing. Assuming it's in real time, Zod's invasion happened in 2013. Robin is murdered sometime before October 2014. BvS and Suicide Squad are 2016. And to make another assumption, Harley became Harley in around 2011. Maybe her being an accomplice is merely helping Joker escape Arkham. Who knows.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Time table of events are confusing. Assuming it's in real time, Zod's invasion happened in 2013. Robin is murdered sometime before October 2014. BvS and Suicide Squad are 2016. And to make another assumption, Harley became Harley in around 2011. Maybe her being an accomplice is merely helping Joker escape Arkham. Who knows.
Are there any dates in MoS that are shown on screen? Because if BvS takes place in roughly March of 2016, it states that it's 18 months after MoS, which would place MoS in the late summer of 2014.

Actually, more and more evidence suggests that Harley had nothing to do with Robin's murder and that it was just a "geek out" thing the VFX team added. When Joker is electro shocking Harley, he has the dead robin tattoo on his arm already. I'm guessing that Robin died 10 or so years ago and way before Joker even met Dr. Quinzel in Arkham.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom