• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Viper

So someone on /tv posted a webm of the Assfleck scene, which means someone is hopefully uploading the whole movie

Please hurry

Dead

well not really...yet
Saw Warcraft today, and it's crazy how it falls to the same problem as BvS did, like it was edited by a blind man. The first 30 minutes of Warcraft were way worse than the editing issues in BvS as you could tell entire scenes are straight up missing.

Tabby

Saw Warcraft today, and it's crazy how it falls to the same problem as BvS did, like it was edited by a blind man. The first 30 minutes of Warcraft were way worse than the editing issues in BvS as you could tell entire scenes are straight up missing.

I honestly preferred Warcraft to BvS. Editing issues for me weren't as glaring.

Ahasverus

You should apologize to him first!
Over my dead body
I love you Zack 4 give me babe

The batass shot has been making the rounds since 8 hours ago. Don't put your hopes up for the leak lol. If it was going to happen it would have already happened.

No squad game at E3 basically means it's dead right?

IJ2 is slotted for next year, squad movie comes out in august... if they had it they would have shown it at e3... been in development for like 5 years now.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed.

Tabby

IJ2 is slotted for next year, squad movie comes out in august... if they had it they would have shown it at e3... been in development for like 5 years now.

Nothing about the Superman game either. I'm honestly disappointed Rocksteady is just working on VR Batman.

IconGrist

This was me during the Arkham VR reveal

c7259d6c175a36950ff0427c157c353e.jpg

Nothing about the Superman game either. I'm honestly disappointed Rocksteady is just working on VR Batman.

they're definitely not just working on that. but i'm disappointed that they didn't show up with their new game and rockstar didn't either (I was beyond hyped for a new Red Dead game...)

oh well. battlefield 1 and god of war: viking papa look great.

It goes beyond the DC stuff, but where was WB in general? I really expected Shadow of Mordor 2 at one of the conferences in addition to a DC game from WB Montreal.

WB only shows their stuff at MS or Sony's conferences if they have a marketing deal for that game. AK was at Sony's last year cause they got exclusive DLC. This Friday through Sunday the showroom opens and press will be on site. If they exist, I expect one or both of those games to be revealed.

This was me during the Arkham VR reveal

c7259d6c175a36950ff0427c157c353e.jpg

Yeah, I mean I love the Arkham universe, but this is just going to be a VR ride without the ride. Were it an actual game that'd be one thing.

Ninjimbo

I'm not really feeling VR right so that Batman announcement did zero for me. All the VR games look like N64 games so it's tough to get excited about anything.

WB announced IJ2 and the Telltale Batman game around E3. Anything more than that would distract from their other stuff. Suicide Squad is still possible for Christmas '17 or later. If its really being done by WB Montreal they would have only started in early 2014 after Origins came out.

Kibbles

Hold me

@DavidAyerMovies 57m57 minutes ago
Get ready folks. So many cool things about to happen! #SuicideSquad

Ǥ@ɃɌƗɆŁ ǤɌ@Ɏ ‏@GBRIELGRY 5h5 hours ago
Hearing really stellar things about Suicide Squad, not long until we all find out, I was looking forward to it, but now I can't wait.

BadAss2961

Hold me

@DavidAyerMovies 57m57 minutes ago
Get ready folks. So many cool things about to happen! #SuicideSquad
Hype.

Don't know what he could be talking about though. Suicide Squad comes out in a few weeks. The trailers are done. TV spots are out there now. What else is there to expect?

Kibbles

Hype.

Don't know what he could be talking about though. Suicide Squad comes out in a few weeks. The trailers are done. TV spots are out there now. What else is there to expect?

I think there's one more trailer. BvS had one release almost a month+couple weeks before release. Only 2 "official" trailers so far, last one coming soon I imagine.

Telltale batman was announced months ago, E3 is just when first details and screens hit :p

I think it's possible WB still has something in the wings, they just didn't want it buried on the first day.

est1992

Telltale batman was announced months ago, E3 is just when first details and screens hit :p

I think it's possible WB still has something in the wings, they just didn't want it buried on the first day.
I doubt it. They would've brought it out at one of the conferences. This is really a miss for me. I'm so burnt out on Batman games. Hopefully WB announces that Superman game soon because I think a lot of people feel the same way.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I'm actually with you guys. Gimme a good Superman game.

On the DC heroes side, I'd take a proper Flash game before Superman. Yes to letting Batman rest.

Brief video of Superhot VR inspires ideas of how to make superspeed manageable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdZJvg7rNRw

For Marvel, that first Iron Man movie tie-in had interesting ideas to it. An ideal Iron Man that blends Zone of the Enders combat and Armored Core armor customization, set in semi-open environments is what I want.

Ninjimbo

Oh come on now. That's a silly thing to say and you know it.
Probably saying N64 is too harsh, but none of the games are catching my attention
and graphics are certainly a part of that. I wont lie. I feel I have to experience them to understand the appeal and I can't justify 400 bucks on it. So, I'm just indifferent to VR at the moment.

It's not for me right now basically.

Holmes

I'm assuming Ayer is referring to the Suicide Squad music video but another trailer would be fantastic.

I would love a rope guy game.

A game where you try to stay alive as long as possible. The world record is 52 seconds.

Official HD versions of new Suicide Squad spots:

Intense:
https://youtu.be/5okgENDeCfM

Hugger:
https://youtu.be/vWNpoaQMXS4

Awesome, thanks for posting this. Was hoping to check these out as soon as WB released them, only took them a week.

Probably saying N64 is too harsh, but none of the games are catching my attention
and graphics are certainly a part of that. I wont lie. I feel I have to experience them to understand the appeal and I can't justify 400 bucks on it. So, I'm just indifferent to VR at the moment.

It's not for me right now basically.

so you've never tried VR then?

IconGrist

With Marvel making a push to get games made this gives me hope WB will get serious about more than Batman. That Superman game is coming one way or another!

J_Viper

Y'all like 4chan rumors? Some very minor plot spoilers ahead
- Enchantress is the main villain of SUICIDE SQUAD, with the Joker and Monster T as secondary villains.

- The main villains of WONDER WOMAN are Ares, played by Danny Huston, and Circe, played by Elena Anaya. The Olympians have lost their power as Humanity has stopped believing in them, but Ares is able to seduce Circe, an Amazon sorceress, to engineer World War I in order to restore his powers. He only participates of the final battle.

- Steppenwolf is the main villain of JUSTICE LEAGUE. He's being played by stuntment through motion-capture technology, and they scouting high-profile actors to provide additional voicework. He invades Earth to retrieve the Mother Boxes left behind on Earth and enslave the population. Doctor Bedlam is featured as a secondary antagonist, and will also be CGI.

- They're using the Reverse Flash for THE FLASH. He's Eobard Thawne, a mad scientist from the future who is obsessed with the Flash and is dying of a failed attempt to harness the Speed Force that the Flash wields. He becomes a speedster over the course of the movie. Leonard Snart is featured as a mercenary employed by Thawne, but is a throwaway villain and only uses a cold gun once. The studio wants a younger actor in the same line of age as Ezra Miller for Thawne, with Adam Driver being the favored choice. Garrett Dillahunt has been approached about playing Snart.

- AQUAMAN has Aquaman's evil brother Orm, Atlantis' military commander who believes Aquaman is unfit to lead their people due to his human heritage and association with Earth's heroes, and masterminds a coup that involves the Trench, a race of "Lovecraftian" underwater monsters that the Atlanteans are sworn to keep exiled. Keanu Reeves has been approached to play Orm, due to his Hawaiian heritage and his contrast for Jason Momoa's burly physique, plus Warner wants a cast with star power and popularity among the young crowd to counter the "Aquaman" is lame mentality. The Trench will be all portrayed by stuntmen through motion capture.

- Black Adam won't be the main villain of SHAZAM, it'll be Mordru, who is the wizard Shazam's nemesis, a powerful warlock hellbent on unleashing chaos upon the world. Black Adam is an anti-hero that joins forces against Captain Marvel against Mordru in the end. There's interest in casting an older, accomplished actor in the role, someone in the caliber of Ian McKellen or Anthony Hopkins.

- Darkseid will the main villain of JUSTICE LEAGUE 2.

- Jared Leto's Joker will be the main villain of the standalone BATMAN movie.

- Sinestro is the main villain of GREEN LANTERN CORPS. They want to distance themselves from the 2011, including already beginning with Sinestro as an exiled Green Lantern wanting revenge.

- Grid and the Thinker Virus are the proposed villain for CYBORG. Red Tornado and the Metal Men might make appearances.

- SUICIDE SQUAD 2 will feature Deathstroke in an antagonistic role and the Onslaught, a superhuman terrorist cell.

- There's a proposed BIRDS OF PREY movie in discussion, and the favored pitch features Talia Al Ghul as the leader of the League of Assassins, with Lady Shiva as her enforcer.

- The proposed BLUE & GOLD movie would feature Jonar Carter and Jarvis Kord as the antagonists.

If Keanu joins the DCEU, I'll cry tears of joy

I love Keanu Reeves but lol jesus christ do I not envy James Wan right now if that rumor is true. He has to somehow work with 3 weak actors as his leads for this big superhero movie.

I think they should really look at somebody with mad screen presence for Orm, it would help prop up Momoa and Heard too. Adam Driver for Thawne would rock so much. I wonder if he'd be up for it since he already has a Star Wars trilogy to play with now. That Birds of Prey idea sounds great. Just for the prospect of seeing her up against Bruce one day I'd kill to see Jolie play Talia, with a younger arab or asian actress as Shiva.

edit: Garrett Dillahunt would be a super dope Snart. Damn shame about being a throwaway villain though but if they bring him back for small appearances in Flash scenes in Justice League 2 or Flash 2 that would be good. Like an everyday rogue of his.

4chan rumors and all that but still it's fun to just speculate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom