• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross61

I disagree with Jason Mamoa and Amber Heard being weak actors. Especially Amber. You can definitely get what you need out of them. Getting one a-list actor is going to help the movie they are indeed surrounded by way "weaker" actors. Just stop trying to force us to like Aquaman and just make a good movie. People will come around.

a916

Y'all like 4chan rumors? Some very minor plot spoilers ahead

If Keanu joins the DCEU, I'll cry tears of joy

You know it's dumb when Anthony Hopkins is listed... he's in Thor. But I'm not surprised people keep forgetting considering just how terrible and forgettable those movies are.

I bet Ben Mendehlson is on Marvel and WB's list for a villain role right now.

Ever since TDKR and Animal Kingdom dude's been the go-to guy for a great slimeball performance.

You know it's dumb when Anthony Hopkins is listed... he's in Thor. But I'm not surprised people keep forgetting considering just how terrible and forgettable those movies are.

Don't know what that has to do with it. He probably shows up for 2-3 weeks on Thor and goes home, especially now that he's likely relegated to cameo status from here on out.

Have Ezra Miller play Thawne. Doesn't he get plastic surgery in certain incarnations to look just like Barry when they go with the 'biggest fan gone insane when learning he's destined to be the Flash's nemesis' origin?

Wouldn't mind Patrick Wilson as Orm or Eobard. I've seen him in roles where he skirts the line between sleazy and sincere.

that would work but he's been in his element as of late as just the earnest and genuinely good guy in stuff like Bone Tomahawk and Conjuring series. I'd like to see him play more family man roles haha. He could have played a young Johnathan Kent in another world.

Keanu as Orm sounds cool but dude is gonna have to bring the menace. He only worked as a badass in John Wick when he let his guns do the talking.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Did someone say Keanu Reeves? Pff, we aren't worthy of that. Better chance of getting Daniel Day-Lewis. I mean, look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpMvDC7UYfQ

He'd make everyone look terrible, even Batfleck. Just too good to be true.
my god is he awful

I'd like Toby Kebbell to play Steppenwolf if he's in the film. A bunch of nerds would be crying about fantastic four after the announcement but i think he's a fantastic supporting actor when given something alright to do and dude rocks at mo-cap. he's like a better looking Andy Serkis more or less.

bryanee

If if it was Terrio da gawd who chose him, there's probably a good reason for that.

You mean da false gawd, right? :p

Having a glorified henchman as the big bad for the first JL would kill all of my hype. Darkseid for JL1 and then the Legion of Doom for the second please.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
One day we'll get the ultimate Snyder experience. 4 hour movie incoming. Hopefully it's Justice League
if only :(

Yager

Banned
Once again, little details paint a whole different perspective. Zack needs to sit down and re examine his Editing decisions. He's giving priority to things that don't deserve it.

It's like little things that are not that important are told in a IN YOUR FACE way, while the most important plot or character points are left for the viewer to analize and try to "understand". At the same time, the Martha scene was as IN YOUR FACE as you can get, and there are people that still don't get it. In the end I feel his movies get critized a lot more because of what they should be and not what they are.

strafer

That senate bombing scene aftermath

Wow. How was this not in the theatrical cut? How?

It was legitimately emotional, and really drives home the burden facing Superman in the film.

I'm not even gonna watch the rest, but that scene alone is one of the biggest editing blunders I've ever seen.

Holy shit yeah. It kinda makes you think that even Superman can't save everyone. So sad.

Ashhong

From what I have seen, Orm is like Loki right? I think they need a charismatic actor, especially if they are going for the difference in size, a la Thor/Loki.

That being said, I hope they get Keanu somehow somewhere. Also I would love Eddie Redmayne in something as well

A couple things on the senate scene: When they have cut out the scene of him sad in the fire? I mean, if he's going to save people then he should do it right away. And shouldn't the bodies be more burnt up or damaged? I think that was the Senator he was carrying? It was a pretty big blast. But yea, they should have left it in there, instead of the sad fire scene that people just made fun of.

Dead

well not really...yet

antovolk

Some of those scenes . . .

That one with
Jena, Lois and Lex
, like holy shit that the vital connective tissue as well a being a good scene

quoting the wrong post lol.

Yeah, exactly - this cut puts back in the vital connective tissue, Deb Snyder said that from the start.

IconGrist

I watched a few of those scenes. Goddamn that Capitol Hill aftermath scene. I cannot fathom why that was cut. Hearing about it was one thing but actually seeing it just blows my mind. That was a much needed character moment.

strafer

I watched a few of those scenes. Goddamn that Capitol Hill aftermath scene. I cannot fathom why that was cut. Hearing about it was one thing but actually seeing it just blows my mind. That was a much needed character moment.

Nice music. Clark looking legit shook. Looking at Lois. :(

IconGrist

Fuck them for that. There's a couple of scenes in there where Cavill gives off a Reeve vibe. It's like they are actively against promoting Superman.

Anyway, more awkward moments with Diana Prince.

giphy.gif

Ninjimbo

I'm not going to watch the scenes just yet but y'all are making it really hard to resist the urge right now. I think Zack knows how to make a movie flow since he is the one in charge of these cuts, so I wonder what was the reasoning behind cutting out a lot of Superman.

antovolk

Here is the complete playlist of new scenes

Shit is like a different movie. I'd dare to say some of them feel very Nolan-like.

And yes, most scenes are CLARK/SUPERMAN SCENES. Cavill's voice is so sexy.

Obviously, just a heads up - it's not all of them. and this isn't just a case of scenes added in, it's how they all fit together, how a lot of the existing TC ones are expanded also, and how some are re-ordered too. Seeing scenes out of context is just one piece of the puzzle.

IconGrist

Obviously, just a heads up - it's not all of them. and this isn't just a case of scenes added in, it's how they all fit together, how a lot of the existing TC ones are expanded also, and how some are re-ordered too. Seeing scenes out of context is just one piece of the puzzle.

Yea, everything from Africa is missing and
the actress confessing she was paid off
is missing.

Ahasverus

Yes of course, but the difference is palpable. The senate scene is hearbreaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom