• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead

well not really...yet
Took one quick look, but I like how Clark takes the ferry to Gotham, rather than just flies over there

antovolk

wish there was a larger version of the senate scene.

there is more build up to it in the UC. Tension gracefully ratcheting up as pieces of Lex's plan fall into place, and Finch's speech in the hearing there and the peach tea moment make tons more sense

Those scenes really would have helped the movie a lot. I'm looking forward to the Ultimate Edition even more now.

Anyway, the 6-inch DC Multiverse Suicide Squad figures apparently finally started to pop up. A seller on eBay here in Florida was selling them.
IDV6sIE.jpg
LYljCYw.jpg
I'm...disappointed with Harley. Hopefully she looks better in person. Though I was always mainly planning on just getting Deadshot and Katana, anyway.

Ahasverus

The youtube guy now has all the added scenes. DAT Africa. It's a great scene, very reminiscent off Bane's in TDKR: It's kind of sad seeing scenes that were included in the first two trailers.

Ahasverus

Lol there is a
Zack cameo as a mercenary in the Africa scene. The throws a grenade and everything. Expect a gif photoshopping DC in the ground haha.
Not gonna watch it, but at least tell me Batman's shoulder throw in the warehouse made it in.
We dunno yet, but probably

I for the love of god can't believe those things have a market. Why.

Pop!'s? They're really fucking popular. There's a thread here for them, too.

My younger brother has over 50 Marvel Pop! figures. I have a few DC ones, all of which he bought me. Hah. They're cute, though! I like them. I do prefer regular action figures, though. But I don't buy figures often. I only started buying figures again a few months ago. Didn't really buy any after 2004 or so. Anyway, here's my Pop!'s (besides Hatsune Miku, which is hidden behind the rest):

Ahasverus

My younger brother has over 50 Marvel Pop! figures. I have a few DC ones, all of which he bought me. Hah. They're cute, though! I like them. I do prefer regular action figures, though. But I don't buy figures often. I only started buying figures again a few months ago. Didn't really buy any after 2004 or so. Anyway, here's my Pop!'s (besides Hatsune Miku, which is hidden behind the rest):
Yes I saw the thread! Well, whatever floats your boat! I'm not against them haha they apparently make people very happy. It's just that I personally don't find a use for them (can't even be played with, and as decoration.. just no).
besides Hatsune Miku, which is hidden behind the rest):
As it should be :p

IconGrist

I only have these 3 Funkos. I was a bit bummed to learn there is no Lex or Doomsday though. Might grab a few Suicide Squad ones too.

That False God Funko is pretty lazy overall. It's not even using the right glyph.

I only have these 3 Funkos. I was a bit bummed to learn there is no Lex or Doomsday though. Might grab a few Suicide Squad ones too.

Yeah, I wish there was a Doomsday and Lex. I'd personally prefer to buy the comic book versions, though.

Oh, I have those figures in the back, too!

As it should be :p
:p

My brothers are still confused about who Miku is. Hah.

-Cheap
-Ugly-cute
-Wide variety

Yeah, pretty much EVERYTHING has a Pop! figure. Even stuff like Golden Girls. And they're only a few bucks. Personally I think they're cute. Heh.

antovolk

The youtube guy now has all the added scenes. DAT Africa. It's a great scene, very reminiscent off Bane's in TDKR: It's kind of sad seeing scenes that were included in the first two trailers.

Still not all lol. 21 minutes of the 30....

It is most of them though. One major one not yet uploaded, rest is mostly changes and extensions to theatrical cut scenes.

Think they forgot to paint that one.

Supposed to be the Heroes Park statue though?

Lol there is a
Zack cameo as a mercenary in the Africa scene. The throws a grenade and everything. Expect a gif photoshopping DC in the ground haha.

We dunno yet, but probably

Lol, how didn't I notice?

Also let me get back to you guys on that shoulder throw.

IconGrist

Still not all lol. 21 minutes of the 30....

It is most of them though. One major one not yet uploaded, rest is mostly changes and extensions to theatrical cut scenes.

There's a few scenes I've seen that I get why they were cut
Superman throwing Batman into the alley and "He comes here to die"
. The rest are rather important to the overall plot or part of a character narrative. As a whole BvS in full seemed like a rather tight movie (excluding the mandatory action beats for this type of movie). Very little fluff so it being chopped up at all was a huge disservice. Though one could argue a simpler and shorter movie should have been designed from the get go. While I can understand that sentiment it would feel rather plain in retrospect.

antovolk

There's a few scenes I've seen that I get why they were cut
Superman throwing Batman into the alley and "He comes here to die"
. The rest are rather important to the overall plot or part of a character narrative. As a whole BvS in full seemed like a rather tight movie (excluding the mandatory action beats for this type of movie). Very little fluff so it being chopped up at all was a huge disservice. Though one could argue a simpler and shorter movie should have been designed from the get go. While I can understand that sentiment it would feel rather plain in retrospect.

I agree. BvS, for its flaws there's something to be said about its ambition and vision, as problematic as it may be to some. Don't think we'll get a big budget 3hr superhero epic like that or Watchmen again.

Also about that shoulder throw - is that it? Remembered it from the final trailer. Seems like it's in:

b1CC8Ao.png

Ahasverus

Also let me get back to you guys on that shoulder throw.
Which one if you didn't mind answering? Thx anton! And yes, the addings to the old scenes can't be uploaded for obvious reasons I guess.

I think a fan will make a very competent 2 hours cut from this,

Also, agreed. BvS is the last of its kind. We won't get another one like this in a long, long time. If ever.

antovolk

Which one if you didn't mind answering? Thx anton! And yes, the addings to the old scenes can't be uploaded for obvious reasons I guess.

I think a fan will make a very competent 2 hours cut from this,

extended epilogue (Superman/Clark funerals)
See above re: warehouse fight.

EDIT: Also I'm really tempted to do an 'alternate theatrical' after the UC is out in HD. Once I get a new trailer done for the UC first.

Firemind

Also about that shoulder throw - is that it? Remembered it from the final trailer. Seems like it's in:

b1CC8Ao.png
Thanks! The image isn't very clear, but it's the shot where Bats uses the guy's momentum to lift him on his back and throw him against a bunch of crates. It's indeed in the final trailer, but I thought I was going mad since people kept saying it's in the film and I saw the film three times!

It's possibly in my top 5 shots and was disappointed it wasn't in the TC. I thought that shot was way better than the shot we got where he uses his grappling gun to throw a crate against a guy. That just looked bad to me, especially how it flowed. (iirc he does it after he runs and jumps over the crate but why sprint towards them like that when you're going to use projectiles?)

IconGrist

Thanks! The image isn't very clear, but it's the shot where Bats uses the guy's momentum to lift him on his back and throw him against a bunch of crates. It's indeed in the final trailer, but I thought I was going mad since people kept saying it's in the film and I saw the film three times!

It's possibly in my top 5 shots and was disappointed it wasn't in the TC. I thought that shot was way better than the shot we got where he uses his grappling gun to throw a crate against a guy. That just looked bad to me, especially how it flowed. (iirc he does it after he runs and jumps over the crate but why sprint towards them like that when you're going to use projectiles?)

You're looking for logic where Snyder was looking for, "This would be cool as fuck!"

Oh and Anton, if you wouldn't mind, one thing about the OC that bothered me was the length of time that passed between Batman turning on the Bat-signal and Superman confronting him. Is that time passage lessened in the UC? I remember thinking while watching the OC, "Wow, Batman is super patient."

Ahasverus

That scene was cut weirdly. I bet the UC one isn't much longer, but much more fluid.

antovolk

Yes, that's the one! It's in.

Oh and Anton, if you wouldn't mind, one thing about the OC that bothered me was the length of time that passed between Batman turning on the Bat-signal and Superman confronting him. Is that time passage lessened in the UC? I remember thinking while watching the OC, "Wow, Batman is super patient."

That scene was cut weirdly. I bet the UC one isn't much longer, but much more fluid.

Yeah, that's right. It's longer for three reasons:
1. extended scene of KGBeast kidnapping Lois, we see her being dragged off to a truck before taken on the chopper to the tower. which leads to a bloody epic Lex theme blare-out when we see him on the helipad (think the cue when Steppenwolf shows up in the Communion scene)
2. slightly longer scene after the helipad scene with KGBeast and Martha
3. slightly longer start of the infamous email scene

As far as I can tell, the two reasons the MPAA raised it to an R are
Batman's buttocks and extended bath scene.

If you look at the trailer, it says "Rated R for sequences of violence" - that's what it was for, not those haha. & as I said before, the MPAA are the only ones who gave the extended cut a higher rating. UK has it at 12, Germany too, Australia at M - all same as theatrical.

IconGrist

Oh hell, it's longer? Lmao. I just imagine Batman standing there getting drenched wondering to himself after 10 minutes "where the fuck is he already!?"

If you look at the trailer, it says "Rated R for sequences of violence" - that's what it was for, not those haha. & as I said before, the MPAA are the only ones who gave the extended cut a higher rating. UK has it at 12, Germany too, Australia at M - all same as theatrical.

When Doomsday stabs Superman the scene is zoomed out a bit in the UC. When Superman pulls himself closer it's a tad more gruesome.

ha maybe that was too subtle of a joke about MPAA's stance on violence vs nudity/sexual content.

antovolk

ha maybe that was too subtle of a joke about MPAA's stance on violence vs nudity/sexual content.

You played it far too straight faced haha ;P

Also about the Bat-signal lighting, the full version we see in the SDCC trailer is in the UC (was surprised to see that cut down in the theatrical) and it's epic as hell with the Batman theme blaring out

IconGrist

You played it far too straight faced haha ;P

Also about the Bat-signal lighting, the full version we see in the SDCC trailer is in the UC (was surprised to see that cut down in the theatrical) and it's epic as hell with the Batman theme blaring out

I know I'm going to be let down by this but do you mean Superman appearing in the Bat signal?

antovolk

I know I'm going to be let down by this but do you mean Superman appearing in the Bat signal?

no, think that was added to the scene specifically for that old SDCC 2014 tease. Much like the statue reveal shot from the first teaser trailer (asked Larry Fong about it on Twitter)

Was referring to the 3 and a half min SDCC 2015 trailer.

IconGrist

no, think that was added to the scene specifically for that old SDCC 2014 tease. Much like the statue reveal shot from the first teaser trailer (asked Larry Fong about it on Twitter) Was referring to the 3 and a half min SDCC 2015 trailer.

I really wish that bit was in. No need for the red eyes but just having Superman appear within the light would have been fantastic.

Of the clips, the one shot I miss from the theatrical cut is
Superman entering Nairomi. It's a brief one. You see the sonic boom in the distance as he's flying towards them. Unless I missed it, the Ultimate Cut seems to introduce him flying into the drone missile.

And is that
CT Fletcher shanking the bat branded criminal?

-Cheap
-Ugly-cute
-Wide variety
But enough about my ex!

No but really, I've been tempted to get certain ones... I'm just scared that once I start collecting a few I will want to collect them all. They really are this generation's Beanie Babies. I'm going to hold out to buy only niche characters that I love though, like Slipknot, Katana, and any Suiokoden characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom