• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninjimbo

So SS is going to pass 300 million domestic. How do we all feel about this? Me...I'm happy that movie seems like a homerun. It didn't even come out in China.

Warner Bros did a good job promoting a movie with a bunch of C-List characters.

Penguin

So SS is going to pass 300 million domestic. How do we all feel about this? Me...I'm happy that movie seems like a homerun. It didn't even come out in China.

Happy movie did well.

And unlike MoS/BvS we can't/shouldn't hear too much about it being a disappointment at the box office vs expectations.

I wish it was a better movie, but it seems to be a much easier fix for a sequel than say BvS or whatever.

It was mostly just an oddly paced movie with a terrible villain. Both of those are easily fixed.

I don't know how to feel about it. Between the meddling and aspirations of the film, I certainly don't want anybody at WB thinking that's the right path for future projects. It's good that they'll have incentive to continue with DC properties, but I hope their lesson learned isn't to use those properties on breezy disposable blockbusters. I'll put it like this, discussion around Suicide Squad is kind of over, you know.

Ahasverus

I don't like that when Wonder Woman inevitably does worse at B.O some suits will be all like "See, we were better before, give them back to us". God help us if that happens again.

BadAss2961

Studio meddling aside, the movie turned out well. The cast is as good as it gets, the characterization is mostly on point, and it was a fun film... I think audiences feel the same way. It didn't get to 300M on marketing alone.

jrush64

Banned
I think it's done very well. If it reaches $700 million, then that's even better. The real thing it has actually surpassed Man of Steel. Really surprising.

Bleepey

Could be talking $800m if it had China.

I just hope Deadpool's success in China and it's R rating will tell the Suits China can't be appeased so go full retard with an R rating or whatever Ayer has in mind for the sequel and if it's a good movie people will come.

guek

Banned
I don't know how to feel about it. Between the meddling and aspirations of the film, I certainly don't want anybody at WB thinking that's the right path for future projects. It's good that they'll have incentive to continue with DC properties, but I hope their lesson learned isn't to use those properties on breezy disposable blockbusters. I'll put it like this, discussion around Suicide Squad is kind of over, you know.

Basically how I feel about it. I just want WB to get their shit together.

IconGrist

Man, they don't give these guys a break, lol. Gal goes from filming Wonder Woman almost right into JL. Momoa goes from JL almost right into Aquaman.

User1608

Banned

I liked it so its success is well deserved enough. I hope they fix the mistakes from the film to make a legitimately good sequel instead of just a decent one. I don't know if WB can pull that off though. We'll see.

Penguin

Huh, seemingly Aquaman begins filming this year in Australia.
Damn you Bronco!

Man, they don't give these guys a break, lol. Gal goes from filming Wonder Woman almost right into JL. Momoa goes from JL almost right into Aquaman.

And then nothing really.

Like once Gal's done with JL, really nothing on their plate for most of next year until start ramping up for JL2 if still doing that for 2019

IconGrist

And then nothing really.

Like once Gal's done with JL, really nothing on their plate for most of next year until start ramping up for JL2 if still doing that for 2019

Yea, that's easy for us to say but 6-8 months of filming while maintaining their movie bodies and doing press and whatever little side things need to get done is super taxing I imagine.

bryanee

Damn you Bronco!

And then nothing really.

After the schedule shes had I wouldn't be surprised if shes thankful for a little break.

In some ways it must be easier to go from film to film without having retrain and all that. I'm under the impression Justice League is filming, too. So it really is jumping from one to the next with a handful of weeks between them. At least we'll get the cast list sooner than later. Right now it's looking like,

Aquaman
Jason Momoa as Arthur Curry
Amber Heard as Mera
Willem Dafoe as Vulko
?? as Black Manta

The Flash
Ezra Miller as Barry Allen
Kiersey Clemons as Iris West
Ray Fisher as Cyborg in some capacity; perhaps larger than a cameo.

Gal would've filmed BvS in 2014 and then nothing until the end of last year when they started WW and then went straight into JL this year. She'll be done in November and likely won't be used again outside of cameo until they do Justice League 2 or another solo WW film.

BvS stopped filming october 2014 and Wonder Woman started filming not long after it, and JL is just now.

WW started in November 2015. She had a year off.

I thought the other day what if WB did a se7en style batman film with riddler, and he left riddles to his victims and batman had to solve it. no capeshit, just a detective movie.

But WB would never make a R rated cape film.
They did make Watchmen, Constantine, 300, and V For Vendetta off the top of my head. Not to mention the BvS UE.

I do like your idea though. Maybe they'll do it for the second film. PG13 of course.

I mean the whole Riddler/Jigsaw/Se7en stuff was tossed around for the TDKR by fans. Minus the R rating, I think the only shot at getting a film like that would have been Nolan to be honest.

James Wan deconfirmed MK Williams rumors on twitter btw

Now, the usually role-hungry black-Sean-Young Tyrese didnt make a peep when that Black Manta news came out....

PklXz.jpg

Maybe his boy Wan about to feed him

Kind of mixed feelings. It's probalby mostly due to Harley & Joker, but it introduced people to Boomerang and Deadshot, which got good reception.

I didn't care for the movie much at all though. I'd like a suicide squad 2 at the same time. Don't know who to blame, Ayer or WB, but I think the problems existed starting with the script/storytelling, which I hear was made in like 30 days.

ryan299

Ayer wanted Shia LaBeouf for Scott Eastwood's part, but WB said no. Via Collider

“The character was different initially. Then Will [Smith] came in, and the script changed a bit. That character and Tom [Hardy’s] character [later played by Joel Kinnaman] got written down to build Will up.” LaBeouf says the studio vetoed his casting. “I don’t think Warner Bros. wanted me. I went in to meet, and they were like, ‘Nah, you’re crazy. You’re a good actor, but not this one.’ It was a big investment for them.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom