• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

a916

I think those Aquaman rumors can be debunked... they aren't filming this year.

JK Simmons just said:

My part is done. They are filming that for basically most of 2016, so some of the superheroes are still at work in jolly old London, but I’m back home with my family.

And The Wrap is reporting The Crow begins production in January.

So Momoa is not ready to film AM in between, and last word around ComicCon was James Wan wasn't done with the script either.

strafer

hmm, I don't think the OP thought about the severe consequences in making that thread about Mel Gibson and BvS.

I have no idea why the thread was made in the first place if not to stir up shit.

Halfway point of the thread. Less than 5,000 posts from the MCU Community thread. Y'all talk too much.

One thing nobody can take away from the DCEU, it generates conversation. We'll still be seeing Man of Steel and Batman v Superman threads in the OT 5 years from now.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Inane conversation. Those man of Steel threads were just constant retreads every month. And its looking like the same for BvS

Yeah, I'd say.

Some asshole even made a thread calling BvS a masterpiece. Weird people.

Ninjimbo

I doubt Mel has seen BvS. It's hard to believe he has that much distaste for the genre and willingly sat down to watch a 3 hour version of that especially when the word on BvS was so negative.

Anyways, it's time to add Mel to that ever growing list of directors mad at superhero movies haha.

shingi70

Banned
Lol I wonder what the church audience will think of the death and ressurection of superman. Or the worship he elicits in BvS

My Grandma hates and it's one of the reasons why she likes the Marvel movies and characters more so than BVS.

The whole pondering god thing leaned hard into the reasons people hate Superman and Snyder even fucked that up.

Eh I think it's one of the more interesting things they've done in this genre. A character like superman is bound to have that sort of influence on those around him.

Thor completely handwaves the elephant in the room and I hate that. He's left with nothing interesting to say about him

mooncakes

This is pretty cool. Seems like they put the extra effort to these little details.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinemat...iced_this_in_the_kehlani_gangsta_music_video/

Fju95Jy.png

Busty

Banned
Thats pretty nuts The Flash only has a year and a half left and it hasnt filmed yet.

I suppose its been in preproduction for 2 years already tho so its okay

Warners swapped out The Flash from its March 2018 release slot and put Tomb Raider in its place. The Flash is currently 'unscheduled' for sometime in 2018.

Penguin

Warners swapped out The Flash from its March 2018 release slot and put Tomb Raider in its place. The Flash is currently 'unscheduled' for sometime in 2018.

I'd also say that Warner seems to give longer lead times than most.

Like Spider-man is out in under a year and still filming. I believe it may have even started after Justice League.

Also, it seems like Booster Gold movie may not be part of the DCEU proper.

http://www.vulture.com/2016/09/booster-gold-movie-wont-be-in-dc-universe.html?mid=twitter_vulture

"As of right now we have no connective tissue to those worlds," Berlanti said when asked if the movie would be part of the DC Extended Universe that already includes Man of Steel, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, and Suicide Squad (with Wonder Woman and Justice League following in 2017). "It'd be a separate thing."

Busty

Banned

http://www.vulture.com/2016/09/booster-gold-movie-wont-be-in-dc-universe.html?mid=twitter_vulture

I suppose this could change but it seems a little weird. Maybe WB/Berlanti just want to do their own thing (a light hearted action/comedy a'la The Mask) and don't want to feature 'the distant future' in the DCU at the moment.

Presumably this means that this project doesn't feature Blue Beetle after all.

There had been suggestions that Shazam wouldn't have any direct links to the rest of the DCU but would only have very loose associations (Superman on TV etc, etc??) with the other characters in the cineverse. Could this be the same?

Maybe...., this means that Booster, if successful, could lead a 'fractured' part of the DCU which, if they ever do the Crisis storyline, could come back into play down the line....,

-- or none of those things.

I'd also say that Warner seems to give longer lead times than most.

Like Spider-man is out in under a year and still filming. I believe it may have even started after Justice League.

Is it bad that I'm not that upset? Booster and Lobo are the two movies that I cared about the least. As long as Shazaam is still on track I'm okay.

Ashhong

I just think it's dumb to not connect them at all. Like, will they at least be in the same universe for future movies? You don't need alot, one scene at the end with someone trying to recruit him is all I need

He's from the future right? I guess if the movie takes place in the future it's ok. But I thought his whole premise is he comes to present day?

BadAss2961

Standalone or not, it'll connect eventually unless it's a failure.

Like Shazam, I never once thought they'd cast The Rock and not have him in the universe.

I just think it's dumb to not connect them at all. Like, will they at least be in the same universe for future movies? You don't need alot, one scene at the end with someone trying to recruit him is all I need

He's from the future right? I guess if the movie takes place in the future it's ok. But I thought his whole premise is he comes to present day?

Yeah, I don't see why you wouldn't have Booster in the DCEU. Otherwise he's really got no purpose. Like the Flash, he's a driving force when it comes to time travel/paradoxes and whatnot. A standalone would be for all 12 of his fans, and no one else.

Ashhong

I think a lot of people assume a Cinematic Universe movie has to be done the Marvel way, with tons of character crossover, connecting stories etc. IMO a good CU movie is one that's connected but not reliant on the universe. It wasn't good, but even Thor 2 did this iirc.

No reason to not have any connective tissue whatsoever though. That just sounds lazy

Ninjimbo

I think a lot of people assume a Cinematic Universe movie has to be done the Marvel way, with tons of character crossover, connecting stories etc. IMO a good CU movie is one that's connected but not reliant on the universe. It wasn't good, but even Thor 2 did this iirc.

No reason to not have any connective tissue whatsoever though. That just sounds lazy
They should just do it like comics where there is a shared universe, but the solo comics remain solo comics. You don't even get a hint that other heroes exist sometimes. It's focused solely on the hero or heroes on the cover.

I hope he's getting paid RDJ money for this tho. He's practically the backbone of the universe going forward and now is directing/writing one of the movies too. Give him points on the box office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom