• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effect

I watched a few of those scenes. Goddamn that Capitol Hill aftermath scene. I cannot fathom why that was cut. Hearing about it was one thing but actually seeing it just blows my mind. That was a much needed character moment.
That's the one clip I did watch and they had no business cutting that scene.

strafer

Saw the Ultimate Cut. Fuck Warner Brothers. Hacked the movie worse than Arkham Knight's PC port.

tumblr_inline_mkrwxyQKZ11qz4rgp.gif~c200

I want to! It deserves it. Any title suggestions? "Men are still good" is rounding my head.

Let's wait for actual release, lol.

And then, let's wait forever. No good can come of this.

(inb4 duckroll mocks me for hiding from OT.)

For titles... BvS Ultimate Cut |OT| There was a time above, a time before...

J_Viper

BvS Ultimate Edition |OT| Look at the Top of His Head!

I don't think I can make it thirteen more days.

Please WB, release it early!

care to post some sort of review vs how you felt about the original cut?

Gotta head out, but I'm gonna do the highlights. First of all, a couple of really important plot points are stripped right out of the film that provide context to a lot of stuff. They're put back in here, and I really enjoyed that stuff, and it certainly fleshed out character motivations more. It's clear that the movie focused far too much on Batman's side of things and completely sidelined Superman. The Africa scene is more detailed and makes sense, the senate scene and everyone's motivations and events are far clearer. It's a more convoluted, yet more fleshed out and coherent story, if you know what I mean. Definitely superior to the mess that the theatrical cut was. I don't want to spoil anything, but the movie feels like it has better pace and more breathing room.

Justice League v Bloggers: Fall of the Tomatoes?

I hate you. I want to watch it too ):

Soon, brother.

Good news! You hated the movie iirc

So, who's doing the ot in ot?

I didn't hate it. I was just extremely let down. This is definitely better.

Kibbles

New Twenty One Pilots song for Suicide Squad: https://amp.twimg.com/v/60ab595f-3d8c-43de-806d-a0e856d1aabb

David Ayer on Joker and inspiration:
According to director David Ayer, that method comes from a carefully constructed backstory, with every element of Joker’s look a key to understanding it - including those controversial tattoos. “A lot of it has to do with creating a character with some kind of history and footprint in our world,” Ayer tells us. “And not have this sacrosanct being outside of our continuum, our reality. If a guy like him really existed today, where would he come from? How would he do business? Who would he know? What would he look like? In my mind, I took a lot of inspiration from drug lords on Instagram. It’s a great way to understand the lifestyle of a villain.”

This is the key to Leto’s Joker; do a simple Internet search and you’ll see Instagram shots of customised golden guns (we’re shown Joker’s handgun, it’s customised purple, not gold, but you get the point), flashy purple cars (there’s no Batman hanging off them, but other than that they’re identical to Joker’s ride), and so many gang tattoos… It’s a real eureka Google.

“The tattoos tell a very specific story,” Ayer continues. “And eventually people will decipher them and understand what’s going on, but obviously they’re contentious, any time you do something new it’s contentious. There’s very specific stories and easter eggs in those tattoos. And even his teeth, there’s an entire story behind that which is absolutely canon. It’s putting his history on his body. This Joker is a little more working class, who I believe could live in our world.”

Big article on Suicide Squad from the set: https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/suicide-squad-david-ayer-made-the-cast-punch-each-171700255.html

Twenty One Pilots are huge, and I don't get it. Certainly not my thing.

non "aggressive" looking rappers who are white skater kids. the kids and alt stations love this stuff. that "good old days" song is legit worst of the year. but i'm not their target demo so eh whatever.

if i was in charge of this I'd have Joker blasting hail mary by 2pac as he was driving his lamborghini and have Kanye West's Black Skinhead in there for the joker too lol. And give harley quinn a janis joplin track. WB blow all your money on licensing fees.

non "aggressive" looking rappers who are white skater kids. the kids and alt stations love this stuff. that "good old days" song is legit worst of the year. but i'm not their target demo so eh whatever.

if i was in charge of this I'd have Joker blasting hail mary by 2pac as he was driving his lamborghini and have Kanye West's Black Skinhead in there for the joker too lol. And give harley quinn a janis joplin track. WB blow all your money on licensing fees.

My man

a916

Yoooooooooo we don't got to wait til Comic Con

Shit is popping off in London. They got all the big journalists on private jet to visit the Justice League set

I'm not one for banning reporters for doing their jobs, but if you're a reprehensible toxic bully on the internet, I have no issues if they banned Faraci from this. You'll get everyone else reporting your stuff anyways. You don't need to play nice, but you do need to play respectfully.

Joker with hail mary? Nah son... Black Skinhead? Yes.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I'm gonna be pissed if the MoS theme isn't full force blaring once Superman shows up in JL to save the day. Just start with the drums, slowly building and once he enters the frame and we see him go LOUD. Might beat the Wonder Woman moment from BvS. An ideal of hope. While the JL is down, God returns.

Busty

Banned
Yoooooooooo we don't got to wait til Comic Con

Shit is popping off in London. They got all the big journalists on private jet to visit the Justice League set

Was it a private jet? I got the impression it was a regularly scheduled flight. If it was a private jet it's interesting that many of them commented that Brad Pitt was also onboard.

That rumour was one of the "4chan leaks" IIRC before Rick signed on.

It was rumoured well before that. Faraci talked about The Flash film being a 'buddy' movie when Seth Graham Smith fell off the film if not before.

strafer

I had a dream that I was standing i front of the audience at the Sony Presser to unveal a game.

I was nervous as fuck though.

antovolk

Was it a private jet? I got the impression it was a regularly scheduled flight. If it was a private jet it's interesting that many of them commented that Brad Pitt was also onboard.

It was rumoured well before that. Faraci talked about The Flash film being a 'buddy' movie when Seth Graham Smith fell off the film if not before.

I'm sure the private jet comment was in jest, but it was a BA flight actually haha. On an A380, no less.

Also, Faraci is here. And so is El Mayimbe

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Must be awkward as fuck...working on your new project in front of people who shat on the previous one. Seriously, how does that conversation go.

''Hello, my name is Zack Snyder and you people hate my work. Let me show you what I am upto now.''

Btw; still hoping Zack will convince Hans to return one last time for Justice League. It's his last movie too, might as well finish the trilogy together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom