• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

Guess Dr. Manhattan is coming to the DCEU after all

After playing Dr. Manhattan in the Warner Bros. film “Watchmen,” Billy Crudup is now looking to reunite with the studio on one of their highly anticipated comic book movies.

Sources tell Variety Crudup is in talks to play the father of Barry Allen (aka the Flash) in the upcoming Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment film, which stars Ezra Miller as the title character.

Cr8DOs3W8AA6a41.jpg

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/the-flash-movie-barry-allens-father-billy-crudup-1201856297/

lmao who the fuck is that.

and I thought Ethan Hawke would be amazing as either Barry's dad or Uncle Ben in the Spiderman movie. oh well, crudup is a pretty good choice.

Before Eisenberg got cast I thought Billy Crudup would've been a cool Lex Luthor. But it's neat he's Barry's dad.

There's some stunt casting with the dads going on. Comedian is Batman's dad. Dr. Manhattan is Barry's dad. Miles Dyson is Cyborg's dad. Uhh, Tom Hanks as Thomas Curry and Daryl Hannah as Atlanna?

IconGrist

That's J_Viper trying to get us to acknowledge under certain lighting conditions he kinda sorta in some squint your eye way looks like Ethan Hawke.

KGBeast was in the 300 sequel.

Jack O'Connel plays his son in that, who should play Red Hood. And Eva Green, who should play whomever she wants.

I'm not the biggest fan of James Wan but I'm glad he got the project over the director of 300-2, as was rumored at the time.

Dead

well not really...yet
Variety podcast featuring Amy Adams touches a bit on BvS reception

http://variety.com/2016/film/festiv...amy-adams-telluride-film-festival-1201854108/

And after the critical thrashing “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” received earlier this year, how is morale on the set of “Justice League,” where Adams reprises her role as Lois Lane? Better than would be expected, perhaps, but the actress says she was sad to see director Zack Snyder take the kind of heat he did back in March.

“I just felt for Zack,” Adams says. “Zack’s like the nicest person ever, and to see him kind of talked about like that was really hard for me, because he’s really such a respectful director.”

The interviewer said he recently talked to Chris Terrio too and brought up the Ultimate Edition. Would love to hear from Terrio as a post mortem on the movie.

Got nasty and weird with the personal insults about Snyder and his family. Craziest were the projections of Luthor representing skinny nerds and the meathead superheroes, Snyder's stand in, beating him up; BvS is a metaphor for how Zack felt about Man of Steel critics, or something.

Yeah I think Michael Shannon went up to bat for snyder recently too

Whatever opinion people have of his films he seems to have a solid professional relationship with his crew and producers

Ninjimbo

People always seem to have good things to say about Snyder.

I'll never understand where the fanboy hate comes from. I had to endure Lucas getting beat down for the prequels and I was always perplexed by how far people went to skewer the guy. I don't know.

strafer

The difference between Bay and Snyder is that Bay's movies make far too much money for him to care. Bay arrives on set to film cool action scenes and glorify the US army and everything else is secondary. People respect that.

13 hours certainly didn't glorify the US military. Probably my favorite Bay movie.

But I do like Bay as a director overall, he makes movies entertaining which is exactly what I need in my life right now.

Penguin

The difference between Bay and Snyder is that Bay's movies make far too much money for him to care. Bay arrives on set to film cool action scenes and glorify the US army and everything else is secondary. People respect that.

The real diff seems to be that Bay is kind of a piece of shit from what some have said about him.

And extremely sketchy.

strafer

The real diff seems to be that Bay is kind of a piece of shit from what some have said about him.

And extremely sketchy.

Well that can be Snyder too. Who knows what is going on behind closed doors.

You know that they cant exactly say he sucks, that's bad PR.

Penguin

Well that can be Snyder too. Who knows what is going on behind closed doors.

You know that they cant exactly say he sucks, that's bad PR.

Has anyone ever come out and said bad things about him though?

Like we've had people say terrible things about Bay, granted Megan Fox was probably the most high-profile and ended up working with him again so

strafer

Has anyone ever come out and said bad things about him though?

Like we've had people say terrible things about Bay, granted Megan Fox was probably the most high-profile and ended up working with him again so

But what she said wasn't directly at him was it though? Didn't she say something about jews that made producer Steven Spielberg upset and asked Bay to fire her?

She said that Bay wanted to create this infamous man-made reputation while filming and "he wants to be like Hitler on his sets". Spielberg found out and, according to Bay, told him to shitcan her.

Bay didn't get that much heat until Transformers. That's my explanation why Snyder gets the degree of hate he gets. His career is being entangled with nerd properties and certain types get territorial about it. That's not to say he's this great director unfairly judged by association; I mean, Snyder's worst movie is an original idea. But it's, you know, that whole George Lucas ruined my childhood thing.

That said, it's funny to have that contrast of how Snyder talks about it compared with others. He's somewhat humble about his take on these characters being but of the moment. Saying there'll be another Batman, Superman, etc. after his, and one after than, and on and on. No delusions of making the definitive versions of these characters.

Penguin

Bay didn't get that much heat until Transformers. That's my explanation why Snyder gets the degree of hate he gets. His career is being entangled with nerd properties and certain types get territorial about it. That's not to say he's this great director unfairly judged by association; I mean, Snyder's worst movie is an original idea. But it's, you know, that whole George Lucas ruined my childhood thing.

That said, it's funny to have that contrast of how Snyder talks about it compared with others. He's somewhat humble about his take on these characters being but of the moment. Saying there'll be another Batman, Superman, etc. after his, and one after than, and on and on. No delusions of making the definitive versions of these characters.

I also think he takes a lot of heat because he isn't the most articulate person you'll meet so sometimes his responses to things... are a bit inflammatory

ReiGun

This is a lot of it. "Sucker Punch" is widely regarded as his worst (or was; "BvS" may have dethroned it), but didn't earn him nearly the amount of vitriol as "Man of Steel" did. Even his previous comic book works mostly earned a shrug from critics and audiences.

Something about these properties makes people totally irrational and their reactions completely out of bounds. Lucas with Star Wars. Bay with Transformers. Snyder with DC. Hell, even Whedon got some of it following Age of Ultron, and that was after he had been crowned Nerd God-King for the first Avengers.

SJRB

Gold Member

Pretty sure there's an commentary track on Armageddon where Affleck talks about how fucking crazy Michael Bay is.

Not in an "asshole to everyone" kind of way per se, but just straight up crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom