• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleepey

Don't know the context of that Eisenberg picture and I don't want to.

Just that it's happening, sooner than later.

I hope WB shows their updated DC slate with Justice League Dark, Batman, Harley Quinn spin-off, and Superman on there. I bet Justice League 2 will be moved back to accommodate solo outings.

lexluthorcakes.jpg
cakes.png

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Batfleck would totally write in a sex scene if Eva Green is in. Can't blame him.

I want all the lady villains to be a bit older so hopefully Eva gets offered Catwoman (or Emily Blunt). Chastain poison ivy would give me a heart attack. Would kill to see both opposite the batfleck

All this talent would feel a bit wasted playing second fiddle to Margot Robbie though. Hopefully it's a more spread out ensemble movie they got planned.

Also I checked out civil war again. Hmm....you know I think BvS might be my favorite comic movie this year. Cap 3 has a more competent plot but it's kinda freaking boring on a rewatch (I'm sure many people who hated BvS would say the same for that). I'm just sitting there waiting for spiderman to show up for an hour because I literally have no interest in the rest of these characters on film aside from stark (but I've seen so much of him too so that novelty has worn a bit thin).

Id comfortably rate both movies the same (well ultimate cut) but prefer the batman one big time. I was just really vibing with a lot of what snyder and terrio were doing with the DC universe (and disliked certain things too no doubt).

I hope Justice League does something a bit different as well. Trailer just looked like DCs avengers but I'm hoping they mess around a bit with the structure. Because the concept of superheroes teaming up already got old before dc had the chance to get out the gate. Turning Aquaman into a bro is pretty hilarious. That shot of him downing that booze and then feeling the #waves was best of the trailer.

I want all the lady villains to be a bit older so hopefully Eva gets offered Catwoman (or Emily Blunt). Chastain poison ivy would give me a heart attack. Would kill to see both opposite the batfleck

All this talent would feel a bit wasted playing second fiddle to Margot Robbie though. Hopefully it's a more spread out ensemble movie they got planned.

Also I checked out civil war again. Hmm....you know I think BvS might be my favorite comic movie this year. Cap 3 has a more competent plot but it's kinda freaking boring on a rewatch (I'm sure many people who hated BvS would say the same for that). I'm just sitting there waiting for spiderman to show up for an hour because I literally have no interest in the rest of these characters on film aside from stark (but I've seen so much of him too so that novelty has worn a bit thin).

Id comfortably rate both movies the same (well ultimate cut) but prefer the batman one big time. I was just really vibing with a lot of what snyder and terrio were doing with the DC universe (and disliked certain things too no doubt).

I hope Justice League does something a bit different as well. Trailer just looked like DCs avengers but I'm hoping they mess around a bit with the structure. Because the concept of superheroes teaming up already got old before dc had the chance to get out the gate. Turning Aquaman into a bro is pretty hilarious. That shot of him downing that booze and then feeling the #waves was best of the trailer.

I'm at where I concede Civil War is the better movie, but for my tastes I like BvS ultimate cut almost as much. Handful of parts hold it back. I don't know. Still, it's a surprisingly easy watch at 3 hour long. Where with Suicide Squad and Age of Ultron I'm ready to check out after 30 minutes. And not since watching Superman 2 as a kid has Superman in live action resonated with me. Can't explain why that is when I'm tepid on Man of Steel's Superman.

On Aquaman, a while back James Wan compared him to Wolverine. Puts his scenes in the trailer into perspective. I think him and Flash will be cool. Cyborg and Steppenwolf I'm iffy on. Movie seems to be juggling a lot and I can see Steppenwolf being relegated to some punk to punch at the end.

That wolverine comparison makes a lot of sense actually looking at the trailer. Damn. Think he might end up being the fan favorite of the movie even over flash. We'll see.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
JL won't feel like a Snyder movie. Nor a Batfleck movie. Studio movie all the way, I doubt they will let Zack into the editing room once shooting is done. Trailer didn't do much for me. That Aquaman shot was cool though.

Ross61

JL won't feel like a Snyder movie. Nor a Batfleck movie. Studio movie all the way, I doubt they will let Zack into the editing room once shooting is done. Trailer didn't do much for me. That Aquaman shot was cool though.

The only thing they're preventing Zack from doing are controversial things. Faraci's set visit suggested very strongly that it definitely had that Zack Snyder flair.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
The only thing they're preventing Zack from doing are controversial things. Faraci's set visit suggested very strongly that it definitely had that Zack Snyder flair.

Ehh, the trailer didn't have much of that Snyder feel. Only the Aquaman shot.

I hope Snyder continues to feed us a pic every couple of days.

He needs to keep us guessing. Tweeting random pictures of Aquaman isn't cutting it. Low quality off-screen video of Deathstroke posted to Ben Affleck's twitter is next level marketing. Right now there's a sealed iPhone 7 pre-installed with a video of Steppenwolf fighting the League out there. Any day now it'll be online.

Ross61

IF I may be honest, I don't care about Snyder killing off Jimmy Olsen. I find him to be a relic in concept, and of non-importance in today's comics.

I wasn't a fan of how unceremonious it was. It's better in the UC, which funnily is where you hear his name. And I was really into the idea of Scoots playing an injured Jimmy. But in practice Jimmy has always been very minor in the films. Adding perspective, across the Reeves and Routh films, Lex Luthor's girlfriends are more significant characters. Kumar does more than Jimmy in Superman Returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom