• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Viper

CslBJCJW8AA4TM5.jpg

Lol at people saying Snyder was going to dumb down the visuals for JL

ger

Neo Member
I want all the lady villains to be a bit older so hopefully Eva gets offered Catwoman (or Emily Blunt). Chastain poison ivy would give me a heart attack. Would kill to see both opposite the batfleck

All this talent would feel a bit wasted playing second fiddle to Margot Robbie though. Hopefully it's a more spread out ensemble movie they got planned.

Also I checked out civil war again. Hmm....you know I think BvS might be my favorite comic movie this year. Cap 3 has a more competent plot but it's kinda freaking boring on a rewatch (I'm sure many people who hated BvS would say the same for that). I'm just sitting there waiting for spiderman to show up for an hour because I literally have no interest in the rest of these characters on film aside from stark (but I've seen so much of him too so that novelty has worn a bit thin).

Id comfortably rate both movies the same (well ultimate cut) but prefer the batman one big time. I was just really vibing with a lot of what snyder and terrio were doing with the DC universe (and disliked certain things too no doubt).

I hope Justice League does something a bit different as well. Trailer just looked like DCs avengers but I'm hoping they mess around a bit with the structure. Because the concept of superheroes teaming up already got old before dc had the chance to get out the gate. Turning Aquaman into a bro is pretty hilarious. That shot of him downing that booze and then feeling the #waves was best of the trailer.

I hope Bruce builds him a lifted truck.

Not worried about visuals, I just want a great story. MoS, aside from the off color grading, has actually become one of my guilty pleasures to watch on FX when it comes on. When i first saw it 3 years ago I didn't like it, but sometimes it'll be on tv before I go to work and I will just watch it up until I leave. Crazy how the movie grew on me.

@disco I enjoyed Civil War for the 'Boring' stuff as you say, a good break from CGI that protrudes the genre, and it was a good look to see what they do in their downtime. BvS had better actors and Cinematography etc, but the script marred it into hell and back.

BadAss2961

I want all the lady villains to be a bit older so hopefully Eva gets offered Catwoman (or Emily Blunt). Chastain poison ivy would give me a heart attack. Would kill to see both opposite the batfleck

All this talent would feel a bit wasted playing second fiddle to Margot Robbie though. Hopefully it's a more spread out ensemble movie they got planned.
Margot plays a certain type, but she plays it well. She can lead. I think she stands out way more than Blunt or Chastain. It's not only her looks, she's just far more charismatic. That's the most important trait in these types of movies. Lots of good actors are just dumbed down and out of place in CBM's.

Eva's exceptional though. She can do anything, and she's into geeky shit.

Not worried about visuals, I just want a great story. MoS, aside from the off color grading, has actually become one of my guilty pleasures to watch on FX when it comes on. When i first saw it 3 years ago I didn't like it, but sometimes it'll be on tv before I go to work and I will just watch it up until I leave. Crazy how the movie grew on me.

I don't think MoS works watching it front to back, but it has some great and entertaining scenes in it. Wouldn't be surprised if I ended up watching the Smallville fight more than the runtime.

I don't think MoS works watching it front to back, but it has some great and entertaining scenes in it. Wouldn't be surprised if I ended up watching the Smallville fight more than the runtime.

Tried too hard to mimic Batman Begins. I didn't hate it, but they definitely didn't pull it off as well as BB.

Tabby

Nah that sounds pretty common. I think it's the same for Greg Miller and me as well. Wasn't a huge fan when I first saw it in the cinemas but now it's one of my favourite comic book movies.

Michael Shannon Zod will likely stay being the best DCEU villain until afflecks batman does something good with the joker or some other character

Pretty one note bad guy but the dude really sells that shit. That trial scene is so dope. Shit cracks me up all the time.

Michael Shannon Zod will likely stay being the best DCEU villain until afflecks batman does something good with the joker or some other character

Pretty one note bad guy but the dude really sells that shit. That trial scene is so dope. Shit cracks me up all the time.

WHERE DID YOU TRAIN

ON A FARM?!!?!

J_Viper

But guys remember that scene aboard Zod's ship? There one with the Kojima info dump and Lois is there for no reason? Then Russell Crowes shows up to make hand gestures?

MoS has some rancid shit. Which is a shame, because the material that works is really damn good.

"Guys we need a Superman script"

"Brb gonna call the director of Blade: Trinity"

Dysun

But guys remember that scene aboard Zod's ship? There one with the Kojima info dump and Lois is there for no reason? Then Russell Crowes shows up to make hand gestures?

MoS has some rancid shit. Which is a shame, because the material that works is really damn good.

"Brb gonna call the director of Blade: Trinity"

still the best DCEU movie by a mile

Jonogunn

MoS is the best DCEU movie in my opinion. If not for the sole fact it had proper movie flow and editing (albeit slow, long and dull at times). It just didn't have the weird kinda mess that bvs and ss had.

I guess it helps they didn't have to cram in so much.

guek

Banned
MoS is the best DCEU movie in my opinion. If not for the sole fact it had proper movie flow and editing (albeit slow, long and dull at times). It just didn't have the weird kinda mess that bvs and ss had.

I guess it helps they didn't have to cram in so much.
As whole films, I agree, even though I find the Batman stuff in BvS more entertaining than anything in MoS.

duckroll

"Don't worry the writing team behind the Dark Knight trilogy is breaking the story now."

Fixed.

MoS is better than BvS, in my opinion. Zod>>>>> adderall diaries Lex Luthor, Michael Shannon had some spark to him atleast.

Batman solo stuff is better than MoS though.

Edit: BvS has me stanning for MoS, fucking hell.

kmfdmpig

As much grief as the MCU gets for villains the DCU has really fallen flat in that area, which is a shame as in the comics there are so many compelling villains for Batman, Superman, and Flash.

I thought Zod was played poorly and was way too one dimensional.
Luthor was a mess. I respect what they tried to do, but it did not work at all for me.
The Suicide Squad villains didn't work well.

Nolan did well with Ra's and Joker at least.

Personally, I loved Luthor as a villain. Eisenberg delivered a deeply unsettling performance, contrasting nicely the public face Luthor (socially awkward but well-intentioned genius whizkid) with the private face Luthor, a man completely unhinged who lives to exert control. That scene with him force-feeding the Senator candy was some captivating shit. Throw in an interesting spin on the traditional motivation by means of having him rationalizing his father's abuse, and you've got a fairly compelling villain. Zod was a little hammy, but Shannon sold the passion behind it. Still haven't seen Squad, sadly.

Wondy's villain could go a few different directions. Ares would be an obvious pick, but they could go N52 origin and have him as more of an ally, or at least a force of nature. The personification of War, but sick to death of it.

guek

Banned
As much grief as the MCU gets for villains the DCU has really fallen flat in that area, which is a shame as in the comics there are so many compelling villains for Batman, Superman, and Flash.

I thought Zod was played poorly and was way too one dimensional.
Luthor was a mess. I respect what they tried to do, but it did not work at all for me.
The Suicide Squad villains didn't work well.

Nolan did well with Ra's and Joker at least.

Ra's was OK, decent for a movie villain but a half measure as a comic adaptation. I still want to see a version of Ra's on screen that embraces the mystical aspects of the character.

Loxley

I like MOS a good amount, I don't like BVS outside of the Batfleck sequences, and I didn't like Suicide Squad aside from Robbie. I'm really interested in the MOS sequel, hopefully they pick a solid director.

Raptor

I like MOS a good amount, I don't like BVS outside of the Batfleck sequences, and I didn't like Suicide Squad aside from Robbie. I'm really interested in the MOS sequel, hopefully they pick a solid director.

Pretty much but replace Harley for Enchantress for me and Batman for Supes.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member

Comic Con 2017:

"Ladies and gentlemen, the moment you have been all waiting for. Let's hear it for the Man of Steel 2 director: ZAAAAAACK SNYDEEEEEEEEER!"

VanWinkle

Man of Steel was the only DCEU movie I didn't like. Although, saying that I liked BvS and SS doesn't mean they were actually good movies. SS especially I can see that it was a mess from an editing and tone standpoint. But I still liked and enjoyed it. BvS was edited poorly and had tonal problems (not to the extent of SS), but Batman was awesome and I thought the writing was a lot better than MoS. Actually, I WOULD say BvS Ultimate Cut was a good movie. With MoS, the pacing and editing were definitely better, but I didn't like much, if anything, about the movie itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom