• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busty

Banned
http://batman-news.com/2016/09/25/ben-affleck-batman-march-2018-production/

However, his assertion that it will start filming in March 2018 sounds like bullshit and it likely means it's releasing in March 2018. Ben's entire schedule is cleared next year, they already have costume tests, and Johns and him have been hinting at working on script since the beginning of this year.

I highly doubt that this film is going to be released that soon. Warners already have Ready Player One and Tom Raider scheduled for March 2018 so that's out. They have Aquaman set for summer 2018 and the rumour is that The Flash could be slotted into that already announced October 2018 slot. There's a chance that New Line could have Sandman also ready for release in 2018. Albeit a pretty slim one.

Everything is set for Affleck to shoot The Batman in time for a November 2019 release. They already have an 'Untitled DC Film' scheduled for 1st November 2019 and there's no way that WB will rush Affleck to get the film rushed for a 2018 release.

I wouldn't be surprised if Warners slot Affleck into another project at the studio before then much like they did with The Accountant after BvS but before Live By Night.

Cheebo

Banned
I highly doubt that this film is going to be released that soon. Warners already have Ready Player One and Tom Raider scheduled for March 2018 so that's out. They have Aquaman set for summer 2018 and the rumour is that The Flash could be slotted into that already announced October 2018 slot. There's a chance that New Line could have Sandman also ready for release in 2018. Albeit a pretty slim one.

Everything is set for Affleck to shoot The Batman in time for a November 2019 release. They already have an 'Untitled DC Film' scheduled for 1st November 2019 and there's no way that WB will rush Affleck to get the film rushed for a 2018 release.

I wouldn't be surprised if Warners slot Affleck into another project at the studio before then much like they did with The Accountant after BvS but before Live By Night.

The Flash is out March 16th 2018, the October 2018 slot is still open. There has been no indication that Flash is sudenly going to get delayed over half a year.

Cheebo

Banned
Cant believe Affleck is wasting his time on a Batman movie.

We dont need another Batman movie.

Batman is the most important and most popular character in the DC universe, no one is even close. It would be absurd not to do DCEU Batman movies.

Batman films are far more important than anything else in the DCEU financially. You are in the vast, vast, vast, vast, VAST minority on this one.

Busty

Banned
The Flash is out March 16th 2018, the October 2018 slot is still open. There has been no indication that Flash is sudenly going to get delayed over half a year.

Tomb Raider has now taken that slot and The Flash is currently "TBA" on the schedule. Warners have already scheduled Ready Player One, TR and Meg for March 2018.

And Warner Bros gives fuck all about those movies listed if Ben delivers a great Batman film. It all points to Ben getting behind the camera next year. Warner's cleared his entire schedule for 2017. Live By Night was moved from October 2017 to January 2017 (it will likely get a limited release in December for Oscar consideration). Clearing his schedule was the biggest indication of when he would start filming IMO.

Busty

Banned
And Warner Bros gives fuck all about those movies listed if Ben delivers a great Batman film. It all points to Ben getting behind the camera next year. Warner's cleared his entire schedule for 2017. Live By Night was moved from October 2017 to January 2017 (it will likely get a limited release in December for Oscar consideration). Clearing his schedule was the biggest indication of when he would start filming IMO.

Moving Live By Night was to gain momentum in the awards season, they released Black Mass in October last year and it got largely lost in the shuffle last year. It worked for them with American Sniper so I wouldn't read too much into that.

When Bewkes says that Batman film is '18 months away' he doesn't mean release, he means it's 18 months away from shooting. It's not impossible that The Batman comes out summer 2018 but it's a huge stretch at this point.

ARGO was released in 2012 so that's 4 years between that and Live By Night. Do you really think he's going to knock his pan in to get a Batman film by summer (??) 2018?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'm with strafer. The only way I'm interested in another Batman movie is if it includes Nightwing, Robin and the rest of the family.

strafer

Batman is the most important and most popular character in the DC universe, no one is even close. It would be absurd not to do DCEU Batman movies.

Batman films are far more important than anything else in the DCEU financially. You are in the vast, vast, vast, vast, VAST minority on this one.

Pretty much. My least hyped DCEU movie by far. Second last to Cyborg.

We don't need people saying we don't need another Batman movie.

tumblr_m63qhzF7Ge1r6a512.gif

Moving Live By Night was to gain momentum in the awards season, they released Black Mass in October last year and it got largely lost in the shuffle last year. It worked for them with American Sniper so I wouldn't read too much into that.

When Bewkes says that Batman film is '18 months away' he doesn't mean release, he means it's 18 months away from shooting. It's not impossible that The Batman comes out summer 2018 but it's a huge stretch at this point.

ARGO was released in 2012 so that's 4 years between that and Live By Night. Do you really think he's going to knock his pan in to get a Batman film by summer (??) 2018?

Why wouldn't they just move Live By Night back two months instead of moving it up ten months? Because Ben won't have time to do the campaigning next fall because he'll likely be filming The Batman.

I don't know why people think it's some stretch for it to start filming next summer or fall to make the October 2018 date. Johns and him have been teasing they were working on something back in January of this year. Possibly 10 months of working on the script now.

You mention Argo, but failed to realize Ben has been filming two blockbusters in those 4 years with 6+ months of filming on each. 2013 was spent on BvS and 2016 is being spent on Justice League. When he caught his break, he filmed Live By Night and did stuff like the Accountant. If Ben wasn't in the DCEU, Live By Night would have been released awhile ago (probably 2014).

Warner Bros needs a Batman movie. It's coming sooner rather than later.

Penguin

So the canisters that Bruce had were lead-based which I guess is why Superman didn't know what was in them

Cs1g7-fXgAAs5ek.jpg

Now I'm glad both Lex and Bruce knew the lead-weakness, but... at no point does the audience nor anyone else know about it. So it's weird to be a thing that isn't a thing.

So the canisters that Bruce had were lead-based which I guess is why Superman didn't know what was in them

Now I'm glad both Lex and Bruce knew the lead-weakness, but... at no point does the audience nor anyone else know about it. So it's weird to be a thing that isn't a thing.

While it should have been addressed in the movie, we know the military is aware he has the ability to see through things. It wouldn't be a stretch for billionaires like Wayne or Luthor to know someone who has access to that type of information.

SJRB

Gold Member
We all know Affleck is wasted on Batclown and Superdouche, he should've starred in the Tick.

you know I'm right.

IconGrist

Batman's current popularity is about marketing and decent enough quality material to back it up. You apply to that to any character ever and they will be as financially viable. This idea that only Batman can do it is retarded. The reality is that WB/DC are lazy. Bats was barely on the radar before Nolan and now all of a sudden people think he's the only one who can sell.

Batman's current popularity is about marketing and decent enough quality material to back it up. You apply to that to any character ever and they will be as financially viable. This idea that only Batman can do it is retarded. The reality is that WB/DC are lazy. Bats was barely on the radar before Nolan and now all of a sudden people think he's the only one who can sell.

Excuse me?

Busty

Banned
Why wouldn't they just move Live By Night back two months instead of moving it up ten months? Because Ben won't have time to do the campaigning next fall because he'll likely be filming The Batman.

I don't know why people think it's some stretch for it to start filming next summer or fall to make the October 2018 date. Johns and him have been teasing they were working on something back in January of this year. Possibly 10 months of working on the script now.

Regardless of what happens with 'The Batman' and it's filming Warners aren't releasing a film as big as Affleck's first stand alone Batman in one of the quietest months of the year, October, that's just never going to happen. Ever.

It would be summer or fall 2018 if it was to be released in that year...., which I don't think will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom