• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Marine

Neo Member
6jKvweU.png

You guys seen this picture of Superman? He's smiling like the way people do for photographs sometimes.

Ashhong

Woo boy, I'm watching Supergirl and man it is not good. The first few episodes have been nonstop cousin talk. I don't know if I can stand watching the next 17 episodes before season 2. Does the story ever evolve past the monster of the week?

Yager

Banned
Woo boy, I'm watching Supergirl and man it is not good. The first few episodes have been nonstop cousin talk. I don't know if I can stand watching the next 17 episodes before season 2. Does the story ever evolve past the monster of the week?

It takes a while, I think it was around episode 6-7 when things start to get interesting. If I were you, I'll stick with it.

Space Marine

Neo Member
come on bro, i posted that same damn picture on the last page

How could I have possibly missed such a high quality picture perfectly cropped from an earlier photograph, both of which have been quoted multiple times? I certainly feel like a gosh darn twit! I do apologise.

I hope the smiling Lord God Baby Jesus Superman will forgive me.

I feel this way about all the "Arrowverse" stuff, unfortunately. As much as I want to like these shows, they all feel like DC comics by way of Supernatural. The network TV soap opera aspects in all of these shows turn me off from them so much.

guek

Banned
I feel this way about all the "Arrowverse" stuff, unfortunately. As much as I want to like these shows, they all feel like DC comics by way of Supernatural. The network TV soap opera aspects in all of these shows turn me off from them so much.

I don't mind soap opera type drama if it's done well but the CW shows fumble pretty hard at making it compelling.

there's a lot of tv shows with soap opera elements that I emphatically love, like Mad Men, but yeah CW's brand of will they/won't they drama gets old quick. still the core characters of Flash are really likeable and it's still an enjoyable show to watch weekly.

Arrow's lost it completely though. might tune in once in a whiel to that one, will start Supergirl at season 2 for Superman and see how that is

Ashhong

I don't understand the Supernatural comparison, there wasn't much soap opera aspects in that IIRC, but I stopped around season 7.

Supergirl so far isn't bad because of any soap opera-ness, it's just overly cheesy and by the numbers. I can't believe this is what people want in a Superman movie.

Supergirl so far isn't bad because of any soap opera-ness, it's just overly cheesy and by the numbers. I can't believe this is what people want in a Superman movie.

there's a good way of doing cheese and a bad way. i've said it a lot but i'd really be up for a man of steel 2 in the vein of Spiderman 2.

a hero like that flying around metropolis, even with self-doubt and conflict he can be hopeful. they could reconcile it with the DCEU too by making the people more optimistic about him after his sacrifice and funeral and all that.

i think the way Superman was handled in BvS was honestly one of the stronger things about the movie, but he has to come back a more positive influence in the future or else that ending speech with Wayne is useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom