• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

guek

Banned
CtTrofNUMAA4bnD
Let's just hope WB doesn't take a dump on it in the editing room

With a story from a treatment by Lord and Miller.

Forgot about that. At a point if Cyborg is added into the script, I wonder what changes were made.

I'm glad rick had input. I saw the Wood recently and thats such an enjoyable coming of age flick. Better than dope tbh. If he has a lot of cast members of Barry's age or similar he can knock it out of the park

I'd really be into a movie that's just a week in Barry's life told like that. Taking on the Rogues and such for your action beats.

Busty

Banned
Forgot about that. At a point if Cyborg is added into the script, I wonder what changes were made.

I'm assuming that Cyborg was always involved in this script though it's possible that his role may have been increased.

Having the Flash and Cyborg working together (even partially) seems like a really 'Lord and Miller' approach to the material.

I'd really be into a movie that's just a week in Barry's life told like that. Taking on the Rogues and such for your action beats.

Man I wish. That would be so good, very unique framing device too for the genre. Only iron man 3 really did it with the narration. And that didn't really stick in the movie after like the opening and ending. But fully narrated with flashbacks and everything...I'd love it

But I'm guessing they're going big for his first movie by making it about his feud with reverse flash.

I'm so into "day in the life" stories. Im still holding out hope that's what the batman movie ends up being. Just a very contained story set in a very shit day for batman

Busty

Banned
By the way, regarding that unannounced '1st November 2019' DC film, a friend pointed out to me that 2019 is the 80th anniversary of Batman's first appearance.

Just sayin'.

Still can't believe we won't be getting bearded Supes in JL. Fuck you Snyder.

how can a dead man grow hair?

oh here it comes, while i'm away you all start to talk shit about me.

I got yo back strafe don't you worry.

So the canisters that Bruce had were lead-based which I guess is why Superman didn't know what was in them

Cs1g7-fXgAAs5ek.jpg

Now I'm glad both Lex and Bruce knew the lead-weakness, but... at no point does the audience nor anyone else know about it. So it's weird to be a thing that isn't a thing.

well we know the smoke was lead based as well. I thought that was kind of obvious, well obvious to a comic book fan at least.

We all know Affleck is wasted on Batclown and Superdouche, he should've starred in the Tick.

you know I'm right.

he does have the chin for it.

At least Batman never killed his entire species.

he just goes around beating up minorities and immigrants and calls it Justice.

Ross61

how can a dead man grow hair?

I got yo back strafe don't you worry.

well we know the smoke was lead based as well. I thought that was kind of obvious, well obvious to a comic book fan at least.

he does have the chin for it.

he just goes around beating up minorities and immigrants and calls it Justice.
Immigrants and minorities who were in the process of most likely robbing or killing someone.

Immigrants and minorities who were in the process of most likely robbing or killing someone.

he loves to ignore due process, alleged criminals back on the streets, start the cycle of poverty and crime and violence all over again. if I didn't know better the Batman likes it that way.

Bleepey

So the canisters that Bruce had were lead-based which I guess is why Superman didn't know what was in them

Cs1g7-fXgAAs5ek.jpg

Now I'm glad both Lex and Bruce knew the lead-weakness, but... at no point does the audience nor anyone else know about it. So it's weird to be a thing that isn't a thing.

In the UE, Lois knows about the weakness to lead, maybe Lois and Clark's appartment was bugged. Would have been cool to show that was the case.

Ross61

he loves to ignore due process, alleged criminals back on the streets, start the cycle of poverty and crime and violence all over again. if I didn't know better the Batman likes it that way.
The US Court System and Police system are no better. They're already a joke, especially in their treatment to minorities and immigrants. And I have no issue with robbers, killers, and rapist getting beat to hell.

The US Court System and Police system are no better. They're already a joke, especially in their treatment to minorities and immigrants. And I have no issue with robbers, killers, and rapist getting beat to hell.

I have an issue with a megalomaniac billionaire thinking he knows what's best for the rest of us. Superman at least has sense enough to stay out of stuff like that.and what if you're collateral damage in batman's war one day? who holds him accountable?

Do you guys poop naked when you're home?

no. there are many logistical issues with that.

Ross61

I have an issue with a megalomaniac billionaire thinking he knows what's best for the rest of us. Superman at least has sense enough to stay out of stuff like that.and what if you're collateral damage in batman's war one day? who holds him accountable?

no. there are many logistical issues with that.

Superman doesn't stop everyday crime? And what could be the collateral damage? Why does he need to be held accountable more than any other superhero?

Sad how they did him in season 3. They brought him back to be bested by Thea.

Saw some suggesting Manu as Aquaman's brother Orm and I could see that.

Keeping the family members Samoan/Polynesian would be great

I would suggest Roman Reigns for the novelty that he looks so damn similar to momoa but he likely can't act for shit haha

Superman doesn't stop everyday crime? And what could be the collateral damage? Why does he need to be held accountable more than any other superhero?

Superman covers stuff like a falling airplane, a meteor about to hit earth, a super gorilla on a rampage, you know, super stuff. I'm sure if he sees an old lady getting mugged he'll stop it but he tackles the BIG stuff.

as for your second point, say batman is fighting some gangsters near a residential neighborhood one night and they are shooting at him and one of the bullets hits i you in your home while you were watching TV, and batman doesn't find out about it, who's going to pay for your medical bills and lost wages?

and he needs to be held more accountable because he's working outside the law, the fact that Gordon looks the other way means nothing, he uses illegal tactics of torture, excessive force, illegal searches, illegal wiretapping ,etc. batman is as much a criminal and he's not making a difference.

Does Zack Snyder work in a lead chamber and is that why he can't see what the fans want?

which fans? you want stories from the comics, go read the comics. you want DCAU, go watch those. they are available for purchase. nothing's stopping you.

Ross61

Superman covers stuff like a falling airplane, a meteor about to hit earth, a super gorilla on a rampage, you know, super stuff. I'm sure if he sees an old lady getting mugged he'll stop it but he tackles the BIG stuff.

as for your second point, say batman is fighting some gangsters near a residential neighborhood one night and they are shooting at him and one of the bullets hits i you in your home while you were watching TV, and batman doesn't find out about it, who's going to pay for your medical bills and lost wages?

and he needs to be held more accountable because he's working outside the law, the fact that Gordon looks the other way means nothing, he uses illegal tactics of torture, excessive force, illegal searches, illegal wiretapping ,etc. batman is as much a criminal and he's not making a difference.

which fans? you want stories from the comics, go read the comics. you want DCAU, go watch those. they are available for purchase. nothing's stopping you.
Superman also handles robberies on smaller scale also. If it's a crime and it within earshot of Superman, which is very far, he's likely on it.

Bruce Wayne would pay for it.... But seriously, Batman takes measures to ensure that civilian damage that he causes would be minimal. And let's be honest, it's not like he's going to walk into you're neighborhood trap. I just don't see Batman doing stuff that would scenario would happen.

And if we're going to hold him more accountable, we need to hold all other superheros. They're all working outside the law. And with the people that Batman is depicted against using these tactics on, I really have no issue. With the way Gotham is, crime is always going to persist. It's meant to be that way. Hell, even with Bruce progressive plan's that don't involve dressing up as a Bat, they still blow up in his face. It's a constant cycle of violence that caused Batman, and it's the constant cycle of violence that makes Batman not quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom