• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hystzen

Hey now, if it was all personal wants than this would be a major part

But as I think they will under-use the Batfamily(as always) im stating Catwoman in some form is the absolute bare-minimum necessity.
We need to start with an established existing Catwoman/Selina and not wait for a one and done appearance again.
If they went the Kingpin route they could just use typical Catwoman as the backstory and maybe she develops into a fulltime good guy over the course of the DCEU.

We can't have this version of Catwoman as we would get threads and shit posts that DC can't even get Catwoman correct and claim it WB being edgy making her a crime boss instead of burglar

We can't have this version of Catwoman as we would get threads and shit posts that DC can't even get Catwoman correct and claim it WB being edgy making her a crime boss instead of burglar

Na you have classic Catwoman as the backstory/flashbacks,
(you could even tie it in with RedHood's backstory)
Leading to her giving up on masks and deciding to control crime her way.
But slowly as the DCEU goes on as Batman brightens up a bit Selina does the same, finally returning as Catwoman however now a full time partner.

It could work well, Batman isn't super active pre-Batman v Superman and with his attitude Catwoman would lose like half her thrill.

Wonderbats is a gooooooo
Snyderverse version :
1458435-50243c1fef56f43840341739.jpg

antovolk

Having followed the whole deal with classifications for a while (guess who runs TrailerTrack ;)) I don't think they'd have classified it today if it wasn't arriving until Fantastic Beasts. Usually with WB it's one, max 2 weeks out, or even after it's out online if they release it quite a bit in advance of when it's coming theatrically. eg. Dunkirk's wasn't classified till the confirmation came through it was theatrically with Skwad.

If I had to guess, it's out before Dr. Strange next weekend. Debut online and hope theaters just place it on the reel because they're both superhero movies. Best case scenario you request it for Fantastic Beasts and get it on a number of Dr. Strange showings to get maximum exposure.

Verendus

Banned
Any news on Batman?

Google says nothing about release, but I figure one of you fine gentleman must be keeping up with rumours or whatever. Tell me the 2018 dream is not just a dream.

Any news on Batman?

Google says nothing about release, but I figure one of you fine gentleman must be keeping up with rumours or whatever. Tell me the 2018 dream is not just a dream.

A lot of the biz are thinking October 2018
Flash is March 2018
Aquaman is July 2018
And WB just added an untitled DC film for October 5th 2018.

Verendus

Banned
Not a fan of Leto's Joker so I hope he's basically absent. They should go for a day in the life angle. A self contained story would be really good.

Edit:

Flash is March 2018
Aquaman is July 2018
That does make a lot of sense.

Also good to see Warner Bros. realizes they need to be releasing at least three movies a year for this project. The quicker I get more Buttman and Superbald, the better. I'm sure their pockets won't hurt either.

Not a fan of Leto's Joker so I hope he's basically absent. They should go for a day in the life angle. A self contained story would be really good.

Hoping Arkham Origins story myself, however.
Deathstroke pushed possibly to head of that group(under the contractor of course)
Lady Shiva in to drop League of Shadows background.
Deadshot
Unnamed assassin(would clearly be Talon)
Cheshire
Someone fun/unique(Killer Frost, Ivy, Clayface, FireFly type)

Busty

Banned
Flash is March 2018
Aquaman is July 2018

They are not.

Flash in March is no longer the case. As I've said multiple times in the past WB gave the original March 2018 release slot to Tomb Raider. The studio also has Ready Player One slotted into that month so March is right out.

Just because Warners earmarks a release date with an 'Untitled DC film' it doesn't mean that they can't swap it for a non DC project which is exactly what they did with Flash and Tomb Raider.

As of yet The Flash solo film is currently unscheduled.

SJRB

Gold Member
I want Bat to took out an entire SWAT team, but in the fashion of BvS and not the way TDK did it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccDI1IsJuDQ

god don't remind me, the fight sequences in TDK were so fucking lame. LAAAAAME.

"I'm Batman, your defense is no match for my magic elbow, which I flail around and magically KO everyone in the room."

Seriously, watch TDK and TDKR and notice how often he "hits" thugs by swinging his elbows around. Such bizarre choreography, if there even was one. Wouldn't be surprised if Nolan said to Bale "make some semi-fast moves while the stuntmen fall down randomly".

Ahasverus

Bad. Ass.

Interestingly, the zombie army is called PARADEMONS on the conept art, and its design was far different
Maybe they wanted SS to be linked to JL but bailed and that's why we got the butchered cut?

Here we even have Enchantress BOOM TUBE

It seems SS was initially planned as a much more important film to the DCU.

Dead

well not really...yet
TFW all the concept art completely shits on the final movie

God damn. He did a lot of concepts for MoS and BvS all of which match the films fairly close too.

edit: Holy shit at the descriptions. Boom Tubes and Parademons. So earlier script linked directly to Apokalypse

Ahasverus

TFW all the concept art completely shits on the final movie

God damn. He did a lot of concepts for MoS and BvS all of which match the films fairly close too.
If Snyder had directed it you bet we would have gotten this concept art just as it was on screen.

Maybe Enchantress and Incubus were originally envisioned as some remnants of the Apokalypse invasion force of Earth 1000s of years ago. A plot preceding Justice League of them trying to bootleg boom tube tech to get home would have been insane.

I'm very glad none of that is in the movie, way too complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom