• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah this is kinda fucked up if you think about it.

I mean, I saw Fury just the other day, that movie was excellent. Someone over at WB fucked with Ayer's plan, has to be.

David Ayer also made the trash films known as sabotage and harsh times and street kings. Fury was just aiight at best too tbh

To tell you the truth he was never that reliable with his output, shouldn't have gotten our hopes up for his dcu movie to be great in the first place. Perhaps his own version without that hack job WB did would have been better but I'm not sure how much better

Like he ain't so good that I'm willing to give him the much of the benefit of the doubt tho.

Now if famuyiwa's flash or batman end up as bad as suicide squad (I really doubt that) then something is up for sure

They really should have just let Ayer do his own thing tho. They were willing to let him mess around with the looks of their characters, some of them major to the film universe, and brought him in for his edgy input....but then cut a whole bunch of shit out of the film last minute smh. Whatever...at least we got that gun range scene. Man I loved that whole exchange between deadshot and the guard so much...and then the yeezy music whew.

Maddocks

I can't blame Ayer for Sabotage, the studio butchered that movie and took away his vision. That whole movie is different because they made him change so much stuff. Street Kings is still great and it was a financial success. I never seen Harsh Times so cant comment on that.

We got Fury that was him in all his film freedom and it was pretty good, had a small 30 minute part about war rape that I cringe about because we are supposed to root for these characters and that makes them people we can't root for.

But still if they let him do him, we would have got a way better movie. We still got a pretty damn good movie don't get me wrong, but it would have been off the charts good if they didn't get scared and sliced and diced the movie.

J_Viper

Speaking of what could have been

1477609045405.jpg

Crustacean Doomsday

IconGrist

Yea, Doomsday's problem was showing up in the movies long after LotR movies and MCU's Abomination. Then Bay giving the turtles human faces. Had it been reversed everyone would be laughing at the turtles for looking like Doomsday.

Jeremy Irons quote,

Q: Will Alfred have more to do in “Justice League” than he did in “Batman v Superman”?

Similar, but then, of course, Ben’s going to make a Batman film next summer. He promises me there’s going to be a bit more of Alfred in that. In the “Justice League” we have seven major lead characters and I’m the butler to one of them. It’s clear I will not be dominating that film.

J_Viper

Any possibly of Flash being moved to 2019? Or will WB go all out with three comic flicks a year?

They better hope that bubble doesn't burst

Bleepey

We're nowhere NEAR peak genre saturation. There's like... what, maybe 5 or 6 CBMs per year? Naw.

This year there was:

Deadpool
BVS
Civil war
X men apocalypse
Suicide Squad
Tmnt
Strange

I look forward to 3 maybe more movies per year per studio. Gambit was supposed to be this year too.

Caine will prolly stay my goat. That scene when he was at Bruce's funeral :mjcry

Plus I loved the humor between him and Bruce

But yeah Irons is a cool ass actor as well and the best choice for Alfred I can think of aside from maybe Anthony Hopkins. Always was my GOAT cartoon voice too

SJRB

Gold Member
tbh, I don't think there's anything they could have done to dispel the "great big grey CGI monster" thing unless they totally reinvented the character. He's kind of the granddaddy of all those guys.

Sure, but I would've preferred if he didn't look like a LotR cavetroll.

a916

Yea, Doomsday's problem was showing up in the movies long after LotR movies and MCU's Abomination. Then Bay giving the turtles human faces. Had it been reversed everyone would be laughing at the turtles for looking like Doomsday.

Only someone completely delusional would say Doomsday looks like a Turtle when the Turtles don't even look like Turtles...

Ross61

Doug Liman offered up an update on Dark Universe:
‘First of all, I love those characters, and I love Warner Bros., and I love [producer] Scott Rudin, and it’s — and you know, I get asked to come in and do things that are “unconventional.” If people want conventional, they don’t come to me. It’s why doing Invisible was like right up my alley — because how can you be conventional when there aren’t even conventions that exist? And so you know when Warner Bros. wants to sort of turn the comic book genre on its head, they call me.”

Kibbles

Cause more and more studios are releasing VOD versions weeks before they release the physical versions. So it's probably out now one those services if you really want to watch it now.
Comes out mid November on Digital HD so I assume it was just leaked earlier than it was supposed to be put up

Ahasverus

My expectations are super low for that cut, and the trailer didn't reassure me anything other than they are shoehorning Joker without fixing the flow.

Comes out mid November on Digital HD so I assume it was just leaked earlier than it was supposed to be put up

Oh yeah, I forgot Digital HD was mid November. I was thinking they usually go up like 2-4 weeks early on Digital HD so I found it out it would be out now.

Kibbles

Spoiler Alert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZyOrcWpm4k

Trailer for the extended cut of SS with more Joker!

I love how after she says "I helped you" he's unamused and just nonchalantly says "you left me in a black hole of rage and confusion" lol

tumblr_ofs30uNpBB1qfoj4do2_540.gif

tumblr_ofs1wchHrg1tysvr9o1_400.gif

So we are getting an extended Harley/Joker electroshock scene and the scene where he slaps her, I wonder if we'll get the original helicopter scene too instead of the reshoot one. At the very least, hopefully we get that alternate stuff in the 14min Harley and Joker featurette in the special features.

i8aMrph.jpg

I'm sure they could take the Harley and Joker scenes, give them to someone who didn't discover snap chat yesterday, and come out with an alright short film.

Here's a better quality version of the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFfvrrjdPi0

I'm looking forward to the extended cut. I enjoyed the theatrical cut of Suicide Squad, though I left wanting an extended/alternate cut, so I was happy when they finally announced it.

Speaking of Suicide Squad, I finally found the second wave of figures (Katana, Boomerang, Joker in the purple coat). I only got Katana, but I'm getting the others later. She now joins my Harley Quinn, Deadshot, and Rick Flag figures. I still haven't seen the Walmart exclusive Diablo anywhere but Amazon/eBay for like twice the price. Rick Flag is also a Walmart exclusive, but I got lucky and found him on Amazon a few months ago for less than retail.

Kibbles

Maybe we are getting the original characters opening rather than through Waller. Unless they are still being misleading using clips not in the extended edition in the trailer, the new trailer shows the pre-reshoot scene of Amanda Waller at the steakhouse with the generals. (The "They're bad guys" line isn't in the final film, and that general is sitting in the same spot as the comic-con 2015 trailer, which was a different seat than in the theatrical release)

Ahasverus

Maybe we are getting the original characters opening rather than through Waller. Unless they are still being misleading using clips not in the extended edition in the trailer, the new trailer shows the pre-reshoot scene of Amanda Waller at the steakhouse with the generals. (The "They're bad guys" line isn't in the final film, and that general is sitting in the same spot as the comic-con 2015 trailer, which was a different seat than in the theatrical release)
I think we're being played again, no way we're getting the original cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom