• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only look forward to dc movies starring batman brehs. Justice League sounds like it's on track to be aiight, hopefully with some of snyder's edge intact

Batman got affleck on it. And probably a huge "do not touch" sign on it as well

Flash sounding like a trainwreck though :(. It's getting more and more likely this is gonna be a wack and boring film

Ashhong

Fucking hell, WB. How much you wanna bet they wanted some stupid editing clause?

I thought this was gonna be director-drive :(

The article makes it sound like they just didn't like his pitch and they couldn't work it out. Kind of sounds like the Ant-man debacle. Maybe they aren't as "director-vision" as they were previously? Although that clearly was never really the case, considering what happened with the last 2 movies..

a916

If you're going to push it back, go back and back up a money truck to Lord and Miller....

The article makes it sound like they just didn't like his pitch and they couldn't work it out. Kind of sounds like the Ant-man debacle. Maybe they aren't as "director-vision" as they were previously? Although that clearly was never really the case, considering what happened with the last 2 movies..

That stage was beyond just a pitch though... he's been attached for much longer.

Rooster12

How fucking hard is it to make a Flash movie really....you have all these amazing concepts (speed-force, cosmic treadmill, time travel, Flash family etc..) and cool villains to pull from.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
How fucking hard is it to make a Flash movie really....you have all these amazing concepts (speed-force, cosmic treadmill, time travel, Flash family etc..) and cool villains to pull from.

Well tbf technically they didn't do anything wrong yet.

Odoul

Ugh.

After the shit they pulled in 2016, I'm gonna give the benefit of the doubt to the director over this studio.

Probably wanted to actually do something with some actual balls.

Ugh.

After the shit they pulled in 2016, I'm gonna give the benefit of the doubt to the director over this studio.

Probably wanted to actually do something with some actual balls.

The article says he wanted to do something with "edge" which "clashed" with the studio's take. They're not touching anything with "edge" anytime soon.

This fucking kills that "filmmaker-driven" shit dead though, if it wasn't before.

Ninjimbo

Fucking hell, WB. How much you wanna bet they wanted some stupid editing clause?

I thought this was gonna be director-drive :(
WB was proven right with Suicide Squad. The movie made bank and it was their cut. They want to save their own asses in case the Director fucks up. Considering how hard it is to make a good movie, I don't blame them for wanting to have every chance they can get to fix it.

Ashhong

If you're going to push it back, go back and back up a money truck to Lord and Miller....

That stage was beyond just a pitch though... he's been attached for much longer.

Are we talking Ant man or Flash? Rick hasn't been attached for that long..

Sucks about The Flash.
pPDS1ZN.gif

Busty

Banned
Posted this in the other thread...,

Interesting that Warners would choose Famuyiwa over Shawn Levy to direct this. Now we have Levy attached to the Uncharted film (which he feels wrong for) and Famuyiwa has left this over issues of tone.

I suspect Levy's bright and cheerful, four quadrant family tone would have been exactly what this project was looking for. Oh well.

Watch WB draft in someone (quickly, just like they did with Wonder Woman) closer to Levy's style of filmmaking.

The article mentioned is wrong as WB have already replaced The Flash with Tomb Raider on its release schedule for March 2018. Well before this news broke The Flash was already 'TBA' on the studio's 2018 schedule.

I think if Wan were to leave Aquaman it would raise some serious eyebrows given it was a major coup getting him in the first place. I don't think this news is as panic worthy but loosing two directors for this project isn't a great look. In fact, when is Jon M Chu finished doing that Asian rom com for Warners, maybe he could jump onto this afterwards?

Ashhong

Interesting that Warners would choose Famuyiwa over Shawn Levy to direct this. Now we have Levy attached to the Uncharted film (which he feels wrong for) and Famuyiwa has left this over issues of tone.

I suspect Levy's bright and cheerful, four quadrant family tone would have been exactly what this project was looking for. Oh well.

Watch WB draft in someone (quickly, just like they did with Wonder Woman) closer to Levy's style of filmmaking.

The article mentioned is wrong as WB have already replaced The Flash with Tomb Raider on its release schedule for March 2018. Well before this news broke The Flash was already 'TBA' on the studio's 2018 schedule.

I think if Wan were to leave Aquaman it would raise some serious eyebrows given it was a major coup getting him in the first place. I don't think this news is as panic worthy but loosing two directors for this project isn't a great look. In fact, when is Jon M Chu finished doing that Asian rom com for Warners, maybe he could jump onto this afterwards?

If Wan leaves I will be sorely disappointed and worried. He has a huge relationship with WB, if he can't stick with them then something is seriously wrong. He's also been working on it for a while and is heavily invested at this point.

You must be trolling me with that Jon Chu suggestion though. Please God no

DC just needs to release movies. They are an awful studio in regards to PR. Everything bad they let linger. They will get replaced soon enough by the new owners.

Busty

Banned
If Wan leaves I will be sorely disappointed and worried. He has a huge relationship with WB, if he can't stick with them then something is seriously wrong. He's also been working on it for a while and is heavily invested at this point.

Exactly. Wan leaving Aquaman would be the real red flag for me that the DCU is perhaps experiencing a little more than 'teething trouble'.

You must be trolling me with that Jon Chu suggestion though. Please God no

Eh. I'm not a fan of the man's work but if they wanted something big, bright and bubble gum pop they could do worse.

I didn't like his GI Joe film but at least it zipped along at a nice clip. What's Justin Lin doing with himself?

Ashhong

Exactly. Wan leaving Aquaman would be the real red flag for me that the DCU is perhaps experiencing a little more than 'teething trouble'.

Eh. I'm not a fan of the man's work but if they wanted something big, bright and bubble gum pop they could do worse.

I didn't like his GI Joe film but at least it zipped along at a nice clip. What's Justin Lin doing with himself?

That would be overly pop in my opinion. Chu makes bland, boring, inoffensive movies. Maybe that's what WB needs, but not with Flash please :(

Lin is apparently doing Renner Bourne, Space Jam 2, and Hot Wheels lol

WB is shook. Sounds like WB just wants to play it safe now. I don't blame them after the beating they took this year for BvS and SS, but it's disappointing. Why have the man come out on stage at Comic Con if you aren't 100% sold on what he wanted to do with the project?

Batman in 2018 is a lock now. Batman Cinematic Universe is now in full effect.. if it wasn't already.

Dierce

I'll give Wonder Woman and Justice League a chance but if those disappoint I'm done with the DCEU. They are arguably shitting all over the characters and devaluating the brand.

Yea sounds like the people at WB are scared because of the reception BvS got. I'm a little bummed it has come to this and the possibility that they're going to pump out a bunch of safer films, which is a shame because BvS(UC) was the best superhero movie this year (imo obviously). Hopefully they haven't pissed off anyone else enough for more people to bail. Then I'd be seriously worried. This DCEU will crumble the day that Affleck says fuck it.

The idea Warners is afraid of letting filmmakers have a voice and aping the Marvel Studio mold just makes me apathetic about the superhero films coming out both studios. I'd like to think Wonder Woman squeaked by but who knows how they're trying to sand off any edges and texture before release. Now if only Logan is great and makes a billion dollars...

The idea Warners is afraid of letting filmmakers have a voice and aping the Marvel Studio mold just makes me apathetic about the superhero films coming out both studios. I'd like to think Wonder Woman squeaked by but who knows how they're trying to sand off any edges and texture before release. Now if only Logan is great and makes a billion dollars...

Logan looks so dope for sure. Trailer caught me by surprise. As somebody so jaded about the state of these films I found the look of that a breath of fresh air

Ashhong

I really didn't think it would be this hard to build on MoS. I loved that movie and was looking forward to its sequel

It's not even about building off of MoS at this point. It's just about making a good movie and it's not happening yet. I pray WW is good, but I still have my doubts about Gal's acting. I hope I'm wrong.

Ross61

Just push back Flash to 2019, and push up Green Lantern Corps to 2018 with Alonso Cauron is it's director.

Edit: Would Justin Lin be available for The Flash?

Blader

Shawn Levy on any of these movies would be a huge hyper-killer for me. He might be a perfectly nice guy in real life, but I don't think he's done a single thing that inspires confidence for me.

Ashhong

Just push back Flash to 2019, and push up Green Lantern Corps to 2018 with Alonso Cauron is it's director.

Edit: Would Justin Lin be available for The Flash?

See my post above, dude has 3 movies in the works according to IMDB, including Hot Wheels (lol) slated for 2018.

Odoul

Can they just move DC over to HBO?

FUCK!

If they really start passing out oatmeal for entertainment, I'm done.

Is all this filing off of personality what Johns brought to the table?

If so...well I can just check out now.

Shawn Levy on any of these movies would be a huge hyper-killer for me. He might be a perfectly nice guy in real life, but I don't think he's done a single thing that inspires confidence for me.

Did he make real steel? That was kinda fun but yeah holy crap what a dull choice that would be

Dead

well not really...yet
Levy would be the most marvel ass choice you could go with, so if that's what they are after it'd be a good get.

Ashhong

Can they just move DC over to HBO?

FUCK!

If they really start passing out oatmeal for entertainment, I'm done.

Is all this filing off of personality what Johns brought to the table?

If so...well I can just check out now.

This is like the first "firing of personality" that I can think of happening in the DCEU...

Johns is probably responsible for this, which means Rick just wasn't happy with the story and movie he wanted to make. We haven't seen Johns's output yet so I'm not THAT worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom