• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninjimbo

I know we gave Goyer a lot of shit but he is probably the only one who could have done a decent job at writing a coherent DC movie universe. I can still watch and enjoy man of Steel but have absolutely no inclination to watch BvS or even SS again.
I'm glad I didn't give Goyer any shit. I know a competent writer when I see one and someone like Goyer sticks around for a long time for a reason. He knows what he's doing. It's how he got the better of Wesley Snipes during Blade 3.

Goyer is an ideas man. If you want him to write, you have to pair him with a strong writer like Batman Begins. I could totally see him putting together a good plan for a cinematic universe though.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I told you fuckers, one day you'd be begging him back.

And the gawd that he is, he will say NO.

a916

I'm glad I didn't give Goyer any shit. I know a competent writer when I see one and someone like Goyer sticks around for a long time for a reason. He knows what he's doing. It's how he got the better of Wesley Snipes during Blade 3.

I didn't buy into that hivemand either... we're talking about a guy that has writing credits on the Dark Knight Trilogy/Man of Steel/Blade... we're acting like he's MIchael Bay or something

ryan299

Justin Kroll on twitter

FLASH updates: Nothing clear but have heard its very possible this moves to a fall '17 shoot and likely pushing release but nothing official

Also lot of you asking about Clemons, she did shoot a cameo in LEAGUE and has a deal to play Clemons, so she's not going anywhere

If she somehow did fall out, WB could just cut that scene since LEAGUE similar to when Sony cut Shailene's scenes in SPIDEY

IconGrist

Well, they are supposedly fast tracking MoS2 though I doubt it is currently in a state to pull that off. I also don't know what Cavill's schedule looks like.

Ross61

Well, they are supposedly fast tracking MoS2 though I doubt it is currently in a state to pull that off. I also don't know what Cavill's schedule looks like.

Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank. I don't think Hollywood is knocking down it's door for Cavill.

Ashhong

Wat the hell is Dark Universe and why are you guys excited for it? Just from the name it sounds risky, and something you need an established cinematic universe for before getting into. When I say established I mean fans. You need tons of fans like the MCU has that will come to watch anything you put out.

Tabby

Wat the hell is Dark Universe and why are you guys excited for it? Just from the name it sounds risky, and something you need an established cinematic universe for before getting into. When I say established I mean fans. You need tons of fans like the MCU has that will come to watch anything you put out.
Dark Universe is Justice League Dark, it's just like occult and voodoo magic things.

Rick left the flash over "Creative Differences", I thought DC was "Filmmaker Driven" tho.
sass2.png

a916

Time Warner beats earning expectations on the back of Suicide Squad.... that'll definitely make them meddle, it works eh?

Ahasverus

Time Warner beats earning expectations on the back of Suicide Squad.... that'll definitely make them meddle, it works eh?
Sadly yes. Hopefully Geoff's hands are a bit better but.. I'm not holding my breath. There's this other guy on the same position as Geoff, and who is the film guy, maybe he's cool?
Rick left the flash over "Creative Differences", I thought DC was "Filmmaker Driven" tho.
sass2.png
It was supposed to be, until people startded talking shit about the most filmmaker driven comic book movie of the decade.

shingi70

Banned

justice-league-dark-1.jpg

Ashhong

Eh I don't follow this logic. The meddled in BvS and it didn't work. How can they say it worked for SS when we don't know how well it would have done without their meddling

a916

Eh I don't follow this logic. The meddled in BvS and it didn't work. How can they say it worked for SS when we don't know how well it would have done without their meddling

They meddled out of fear with SS, saw the BO returns and may go... well what do you know boys, meddling helped out. (in this scenario I'm picuring the meddling was them adding that music video stuff)

Ashhong

I know it's not much but I think Pine and Gadot are going to have perfect chemistry. I also am no longer sure I love the WW theme, especially at the end of the trailer like that. Preferred the rest of the trailer music but not bad.

Still loved it. I hope there's not too much slowmo

Tabby

I know it's not much but I think Pine and Gadot are going to have perfect chemistry. I also am no longer sure I love the WW theme, especially at the end of the trailer like that. Preferred the rest of the trailer music but not bad.

Still loved it. I hope there's not too much slowmo
Yeah I loved it in BvS but I don't feel like it fits.

The rest of the trailer was pretty amazing though.

Effect

Really enjoyed the tailer and can't wait to see this. I'm really wondering though if they're just not going to do the contest at all. Which wouldn't be a problem to a degree. They can always have her return to the island in a sequel or another movie and then be forced to take part in the contest. I think that's happen in the comics before.

I don't mind the filters in past films but the color in this looks great!

High resolution images of the new posters. Click for fullsize.

Thanks!

I liked the trailer. I think the cello idea for her theme should definitely happen. The guitar theme sounds out of place given the time period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom