• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odoul

This is like the first "firing of personality" that I can think of happening in the DCEU...

Johns is probably responsible for this, which means Rick just wasn't happy with the story and movie he wanted to make. We haven't seen Johns's output yet so I'm not THAT worried.

"Filing off of 'personality'"

Taking the hard edge out of Suicide Squad (the changes outined in the novel of the movie) like the dynamic of Joker/Harley.

Obviously he wasn't there for the mutilation of BvS.

But the constant mention of "hope" and "optimism"...

Makes me want to puke.

Fuck WB.

In other news, I've seen a fair share of Katanas tonight. I'm kinda surprised.

Over the past three nights I've seen countless Harley's, some Jokers, two Supermen, still only one Batman, bunch of spidermen sans mask, couple Wonder Women, one Tim burton Catwoman, and two Deadpools. And of course, putting on a white tangtop and jeans to be Wolverine as a transparent reason to show off arms.

Cheebo

Banned
If you're going to push it back, go back and back up a money truck to Lord and Miller....

That stage was beyond just a pitch though... he's been attached for much longer.
Lord and Miller are busy for the next two years. A certain little film franchise called Star Wars. No one would quit a Star Wars film for the DCEU lol.

It's funny because I really did not like Dope. I watched it and was very underwhelmed. I was beginning to think that the biggest flaw in the Flash would be the director. Now it's looking like the biggest problem will be the lack of one. Does this mean we're still getting the same Iris? Does the scipt go bye bye? Edgar Wright or riot? Just phantom zone my shit up fam.

Lord and Miller are busy for the next two years. A certain little film franchise called Star Wars. No one would quit a Star Wars film for the DCEU lol.

I think quitting a han solo prequel movie for batman would be perfectly logical and attractive to directors, even in this messy dc landscape

But anything other than batman...nah you right

Ashhong

It's funny because I really did not like Dope. I watched it and was very underwhelmed. I was beginning to think that the biggest flaw in the Flash would be the director. Now it's looking like the biggest problem will be the lack of one. Does this mean we're still getting the same Iris? Does the scipt go bye bye? Edgar Wright or riot? Just phantom zone my shit up fam.

The script was by Lord and Miller and will be staying. Just the director most likely. Although, do director's not have contracts??? If so, does it have to be a mutual decision for the director to leave?

Its the Flash.

I have no doubt Geoff was deeply involved in the troubles with the Flash.

Geoffs Flashes are a certain way.

I swear if Geoff is pushing out directors then whats the point of all this

You were the chosen one Geoff....

Ashhong

Its the Flash.

I have no doubt Geoff was deeply involved in the troubles with the Flash.

Geoffs Flashes are a certain way.

I swear if Geoff is pushing out directors then whats the point of all this

You were the chosen one Geoff....

Isn't that exactly the point of Geoff in all of this though? To make sure the film follows a certain path while also being good. Whether or not it works and if the director is able to keep their vision at all remains to be seen

Isn't that exactly the point of Geoff in all of this though? To make sure the film follows a certain path while also being good. Whether or not it works and if the director is able to keep their vision at all remains to be seen

I thought Geoff would be the comics guy mediating between filmmaker visions and fan expectations

But I guess Geoff is a Feige

booooooo

Hiring a white guy after having a creative differences with a PoC director is definitely going to get some side eyes.

In other words, there needs to be a powerful, profitable, PoC director who can play nice with the studio system...

cRMbSMC.jpg

Cheebo

Banned
I think quitting a han solo prequel movie for batman would be perfectly logical and attractive to directors, even in this messy dc landscape

But anything other than batman...nah you right
Han Solo likely outgross any DCEU film, Batman or otherwise. But regardless Lord and Miller are locked in for a few years so it's not an option for Flash.

tim1138

They should just cancel the Flash movie. After the success of the show it just seems kind of pointless, especially since the casting call for the big bad was near identical to s1 of the show.

Wow that tweet. Was it really necessary lol

It's fake. Someone did one like that for either Snyder or Ayer earlier this year.

They should just cancel the Flash movie. After the success of the show it just seems kind of pointless, especially since the casting call for the big bad was near identical to s1 of the show.

I've fallen out of love with that show a little bit, so I welcome an alternate take on it.

Dierce

I know we gave Goyer a lot of shit but he is probably the only one who could have done a decent job at writing a coherent DC movie universe. I can still watch and enjoy man of Steel but have absolutely no inclination to watch BvS or even SS again.

I know we gave Goyer a lot of shit but he is probably the only one who could have done a decent job at writing a coherent DC movie universe. I can still watch and enjoy man of Steel but have absolutely no inclination to watch BvS or even SS again.

I actually like the writing of BvS more than that of MoS, just the execution left a lot to be desired. Had to agree about SS tho, nothing can save it. It would actually be nice to have Goyer to contribute ideas for DCEU, even if he wasn't going to write any more films. Too bad lord Ben banished him to the TV land.

a916

I'm with John Campea. It's utter incompetence on the part of DC. How do you bring on a guy, ANNOUNCE HIM, then say you have creative differences. Something like this should be hammered on during the interview process, and NOT months before filming. Almost like it's amateur hour at WB right now... same thing happened with Patty Jenkins. How do you get creative differences months into a project?

Can't for the life me watch SS again but BvS Ultimate Cut... that slow burn, loved every moment of it. Real change of pace when a lot of movies are boom baam set piece, more set piece.

SS was just such utter garbage. BvS was a good film that got chopped up in the editing room.

Eh, the movie starts filming early next year. They couldn't do Flash because they wanted to do Han Solo. If DC is going to delay the film, it would make sense if the delay is more friendly to Lord/Miller's schedule.

Then again, I have no idea how busy they'll be once shooting wraps. I know they aren't done yet, but there might be room depending on how long of a delay it is.

At this rate, we better hope they don't have creative differences over the trailer and Jenkins leaves the project.

Maybe Jenkin intentionally sabotages the trailer to prevent Warners from sending Wonder Woman to the trailer park.

Can't for the life me watch SS again but BvS Ultimate Cut... that slow burn, loved every moment of it. Real change of pace when a lot of movies are boom baam set piece, more set piece.

SS was just such utter garbage. BvS was a good film that got chopped up in the editing room.

Agreed. BvS UC is comfortable at 3 hours yet I'm checking the clock 50 minutes into Suicide Squad, Ant-Man, and most blockbusters. I'll catch Suicide Squad's extended scenes on youtube, but I have no real desire watch it again.

Ross61

I'm with John Campea. It's utter incompetence on the part of DC. How do you bring on a guy, ANNOUNCE HIM, then say you have creative differences. Something like this should be hammered on during the interview process, and NOT months before filming. Almost like it's amateur hour at WB right now... same thing happened with Patty Jenkins. How do you get creative differences months into a project?

Eh, the movie starts filming early next year. They couldn't do Flash because they wanted to do Han Solo. If DC is going to delay the film, it would make sense if the delay is more friendly to Lord/Miller's schedule.

Then again, I have no idea how busy they'll be once shooting wraps. I know they aren't done yet, but there might be room depending on how long of a delay it is.

Highly possible that the issue didn't seem a problem during the interview process. We honestly don't know what happened.

It could've been that everything was straight, they agreed on a light-hearted take on Flash. During Rick's rewrite he decided he wanted to do something deemed controversial, and that's when shit hit the fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom