• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked the trailer. I think the cello idea for her theme should definitely happen. The guitar theme sounds out of place given the time period.
It's an electric cello that's used in the theme, not an electric guitar.

An accoustic cello would probably fit the movie better.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I liked the first trailer/teaser a bit more just due to the emotional/musical impact it had syncing up with the action. But this trailer is perfectly fine as the traditional "trailer" trailer. Shows off all the characters, you get the loose story beats, and see some action. I know they'll put out one more before the movie opens, but I hope it's shorter and more in line with the first one. Don't show us everything WB, let us go in with some surprises.

guek

Banned
Not feeling all that colour, to be honest.

lucille-bluth.gif

I don't know shit about music or instruments. Sounds like a guitar to me, my bad.

I too assumed it was guitar way back when because I don't often hear about electric cellos.

Harry has a brother?

His credits are funny. Hotel Rwanda and Hacksaw Ridge book-ending a bunch of Adam Sandler movie.

guek

Banned

Looking through his IMDB, I'm cringing. "Click." Oof. "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry." Ugh. "Jack and Jill" God no.

But then he also scored the recent Tarzan and Hacksaw Ridge so it looks like he's been trying his hand at more ambitious projects. I don't know how those two scores turned out but that's what probably landed him the gig.

Firemind

Looking through his IMDB, I'm cringing. "Click." Oof. "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry." Ugh. "Jack and Jill" God no.

But then he also scored the recent Tarzan and Hacksaw Ridge so it looks like he's been trying his hand at more ambitious projects. I don't know how those two scores turned out but that's what probably landed him the gig.
Tarzan was terrible tbh. Score did not fit at all.

a916

I'm going to bet it's going to not be good/memorable save for the WW theme that Han/Junkie created.

The visuals are my favorite bit about it, honestly. The contrast between Man's World and Themyscara, the sudden shock of color from the bullets on the bracers (and the Lasso, of course). Gorgeous.

People are also being waaaaay too harsh on Gadot, imo. She's fine here. The default expression she's got is... odd... but w/e.

not sold on gadot but the GAWDess Robin Wright in this , worth a watch just for that.

DC NEEDS to push the 'first' major woman superhero movie as far as it'll go, it's something that marvel wont have until captain marvel.

Ninjimbo

The visuals are my favorite bit about it, honestly. The contrast between Man's World and Themyscara, the sudden shock of color from the bullets on the bracers (and the Lasso, of course). Gorgeous.

People are also being waaaaay too harsh on Gadot, imo. She's fine here. The default expression she's got is... odd... but w/e.
Gotta agree with you here on all of it. The WW1 stuff looks pretty.

People harping on Gadot...I don't get it. It sounds fine to me with the bits that we got. Besides, I don't think you can arrive to any kind of conclusion for the acting based on a bunch of lines uttered in a trailer with little to no context behind them.

that was one hell of a trailer * ___ *

WW WILL SLAY

mark my words, heathensssssssssssssssssssssss

(looking at u judgingly kenziiiiiiiiiieeeeeee)

not sold on gadot but the GAWDess Robin Wright in this , worth a watch just for that.

DC NEEDS to push the 'first' major woman superhero movie as far as it'll go, it's something that marvel wont have until captain marvel.

plus who gives a shit about captain marvel, Marvel gonna have to work overtime on that one. wonder woman is wonder woman, so i hope i like it and it gets a favorable response.

i'm iffy on gadot but she looks gorgeous in this film for sure, especially in her "civilian" clothes. and the ensemble around her look fun. action especially looks dope as shit, she straight up blocked a sword strike while kicking the dude in the head AT THE SAME DAMN TIME /futurevoice.

Ashhong

plus who gives a shit about captain marvel, Marvel gonna have to work overtime on that one. wonder woman is wonder woman, so i hope i like it and it gets a favorable response.

i'm iffy on gadot but she looks gorgeous in this film for sure, especially in her "civilian" clothes. and the ensemble around her look fun. action especially looks dope as shit, she straight up blocked a sword strike while kicking the dude in the head AT THE SAME DAMN TIME /futurevoice.

I don't agree at all. All Marvel needs to do is put out a movie and people will go. Look at Dr Strange. Ms Marvel will be fine, guaranteed

that's not what I was saying, I was being hypothetical with that. of course a lot of marvel movie fans will get hyped. but feelings about mcu aside, my interest for captain marvel is so low. though to be fair to that property i've never really read anything about her either. brie larson is a solid actress though so good on them for getting a great lead.

I want Captain Marvel to be great because I like Brie Larson and there's an opportunity to bin the source material and turn Carol into a compelling character. Which, ideally, runs back down to the comics if they intend to keep trying to make Captain Marvel a pivotal character; she's got that Cyborg complex going on. Hopefully they get good people on the creative end. Although I'm sort of apathetic about the direction a lot of the films are head, Marvel Studios got directors I really like on Black Panther and Thor 3, so hopefully they don't skimp on Captain Marvel.

And yeah, Damon Caro on Wonder Woman makes me somewhat confident the action will be on point. Happy they're using the lasso in the fights.

I was disappointed that the Wonder Woman trailer didn't play while I was watching Doctor Strange last night. I did at least get the Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Logan, and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 trailers, though. And I loved the movie, and it was awesome in IMAX 3D.

Loxley

Not to beat a dead horse, but I swear I could make a thread about how my best friend's uncle overheard a guy who's roommate is a cousin of a WB exec say that the Aquaman script sucks and it would get pages of folks saying "I knew it!".

WzuCO2c.gif

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Not to beat a dead horse, but I swear I could make a thread about how my best friend's uncle overheard a guy who's roommate is a cousin of a WB exec say that the Aquaman script sucks and it would get pages of folks saying "I knew it!".

WzuCO2c.gif
Yeah, I'm getting a little fed up with people posting shit articles like that in the OT just so they can see their post blow up. Unsubstantiated rumor two years from the movie even potentially opening with a script that's not even done according to Affleck just 2 weeks ago when asked about it when doing his press junket for The Accountant. But, it's a mess and WB don't care, right?

Ross61

Elmayimbe dropped what may be a Teen Titans hint the other day. Normally I wouldn't pay no mind to it, but he's the one who teased Deathstroke before anyone else. And I know I'm reaching here, but in video when Affleck revealed test footage of Deathstroke he veered his camera off into a machine that had the word Titan on it.

Ross61

For actual news, Ciaran Hinds is playing Steppenwolf. By playing, it means performance capture and voice, as he'll be some CG character.

To add to that his look will also be upgraded and changed from his first appearance in BvS.

At face value, this seems like the perfect casting.

Ross61

Also the Amazon that got shot in the trailer was
Mayling Ng
who plays
Orana

Martial Arts fighter @maylingng just confirmed her scene in the epic WONDER WOMAN trailer!! I look forward to seeing her character arc on the island (training with Diana and building her friendship) prior to this powerful scene in the movie.
As a reminder, we will still get to see Mayling's Orana develop as a character. The beach invasion scene takes place roughly 100 years before the events of BvS. Diana is about 5000 years old when we meet her in BvS so there is at least 4000+ years of Amazon history and life on the island that we will get to see as Diana grows up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom