• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is good casting. I wonder if they will cast Darkseid soon as well or if he won't be making any appearances until at least JL2.

I assume he'll have a line or two of dialogue even if he's not fully shown. They could hold off quite awhile until they find someone they like if all that's required is a couple hour ADR session.

Dead

well not really...yet
Honestly wasn't too hot on the Wonder Woman trailer, but I'm still full on excited for Justice League. Main hope is Snyder just goes nuts with everything as his last hurrah. Everything and the kitchen sink baby. Fuck it.

I wish Snyder & Terrio were allowed to stay the course with Justice League.

Having seen all the comic films this year, and ranking in an arbitrary fashion irrespective of other blockbusters, as you do, BvS UC probably ended up my favorite overall (along with Civil War airport & Black Panther scenes). Rest were whatever or bad. So, we'll see how they try to "fix" Justice League, but I have the concern it'll be diluting whatever the original plan was.

I'm pretty happy that Steppenwolf is going to be CGI as opposed to a dude in a helmet. I want all the New Gods to look alien as hell but I can understand why some might not want that.

Dead

well not really...yet

Having seen all the comic films this year, and ranking in an arbitrary fashion irrespective of other blockbusters, as you do, BvS UC probably ended up my favorite overall (along with Civil War airport & Black Panther scenes). Rest were whatever or bad. So, we'll see how they try to "fix" Justice League, but I have the concern it'll be diluting whatever the original plan was.
BvS UC is honestly top 5 comic flicks for me. I only wish they had better thought out and integrated the justice league set up, it so clearly reeked of last minute script additions.

WhiteWolf

Honestly wasn't too hot on the Wonder Woman trailer, but I'm still full on excited for Justice League. Main hope is Snyder just goes nuts with everything as his last hurrah. Everything and the kitchen sink baby. Fuck it.

BvS UC is honestly top 5 comic flicks for me. I only wish they had better thought out and integrated the justice league set up, it so clearly reeked of last minute script additions.
Right on, I 100% agree with you.

I'm pretty happy that Steppenwolf is going to be CGI as opposed to a dude in a helmet. I want all the New Gods to look alien as hell but I can understand why some might not want that.

Meh they have wiggle room. They could just say that hologram from UE was a Kryptonian/alien artistic interpretation of Steppenwolf. I'm cool either way.

IconGrist

For now, I'm more excited for WW than I am JL. Actually I'm not really all that excited for JL. I would be if I was expecting to see a Snyder Justice League but I have a feeling I'll get a WB's version of Snyder Justice League which released such gems as Sucker Punch* and the Batman v Superman theatrical cut. Now I know some reading this post will say, "The Ultimate Cut was still bad, Icon" and I respect that but that isn't exactly what I mean. Love it or hate it what Snyder attempted to do with BvS was admirable. There's no other CBM movie like it. It isn't structured at all like most CBM movies. Snyder my have landed short in some executions but that he tried at all took balls. It's a Batman and Superman movie. Even Marvel knew to play it as safe as possible with Avengers.

So I would love to see a Snyder JL movie and not WB's version. I have a nagging feeling that isn't going to be what we get. I understand why. WB is in the business of making money so they are going to do whatever they deem necessary to make that happen. Their past actions don't leave me with a lot of confidence however. Suicide Squad was obviously an abomination that only slightly resembled what Ayer wanted to do. For those who think the SS Extended Cut will do for that movie what the UC did for BvS I have some bad news. This isn't the cut Ayer made. It's not even being marketed the same way the BvS UC was. This is just 13 minutes that got cut for reasons unknown and they slapped them back in.

At this moment in time we haven't heard about any problems with Wonder Woman. Yes, there was that "disgruntled employee" thing but that was never vetted and even the website who ran it didn't stand by it so it was 99.8% likely bullshit. The trailers have had to do all the talking and they have done really well so far. So I'm excited. Really excited.

* = Snyder has stated on several occasions WB meddled heavily with Sucker Punch. Snyder's raw version of the movie has never been released but is finished and just waiting for WB to allow it to be released.

I'd kind of be open to a version that lets them have it both ways?

The New Gods have kind of a... complex nature, you could easily justify both a "dude in a helmet" and "giant CGI monster" version sharing the same film.

Bleepey

I'd love for Snyder to go full Snyder but he will have to spoonfeed audiences because the amount of times people complain about plot holes for shit explained in the movie e.g, how is the Joker still alive.

Guess who's back? Back again? Icon's back. Tell a friend.

welcome back, my friend
9ErfHy2.gif

Raptor

For now, I'm more excited for WW than I am JL. Actually I'm not really all that excited for JL. I would be if I was expecting to see a Snyder Justice League but I have a feeling I'll get a WB's version of Snyder Justice League which released such gems as Sucker Punch* and the Batman v Superman theatrical cut. Now I know some reading this post will say, "The Ultimate Cut was still bad, Icon" and I respect that but that isn't exactly what I mean. Love it or hate it what Snyder attempted to do with BvS was admirable. There's no other CBM movie like it. It isn't structured at all like most CBM movies. Snyder my have landed short in some executions but that he tried at all took balls. It's a Batman and Superman movie. Even Marvel knew to play it as safe as possible with Avengers.

So I would love to see a Snyder JL movie and not WB's version. I have a nagging feeling that isn't going to be what we get. I understand why. WB is in the business of making money so they are going to do whatever they deem necessary to make that happen. Their past actions don't leave me with a lot of confidence however. Suicide Squad was obviously an abomination that only slightly resembled what Ayer wanted to do. For those who think the SS Extended Cut will do for that movie what the UC did for BvS I have some bad news. This isn't the cut Ayer made. It's not even being marketed the same way the BvS UC was. This is just 13 minutes that got cut for reasons unknown and they slapped them back in.

At this moment in time we haven't heard about any problems with Wonder Woman. Yes, there was that "disgruntled employee" thing but that was never vetted and even the website who ran it didn't stand by it so it was 99.8% likely bullshit. The trailers have had to do all the talking and they have done really well so far. So I'm excited. Really excited.

* = Snyder has stated on several occasions WB meddled heavily with Sucker Punch. Snyder's raw version of the movie has never been released but is finished and just waiting for WB to allow it to be released.

I agree with 99.9 % of this.

It's top 10 for me. If the script was better planned out it might have squeaked into top 5 tho

Basically here's my opinion of the genre at this point: I've given up expecting something as thrilling/melodramatic/entertaining as tdk or spiderman 2 or x2. Like those seem so far away from being touched now by these guys it's not even funny. It's just sad how middling shit is now. Especially from marvel, but dc isn't helping matters looking at suicide squad.

BvS really had something interesting going with the way the film was being structured and also it's take on Batman and Superman. It being a DCEU movie crippled it though. We really didn't need that flash scene or the dumb justice league teases. Plus I think they should have thought out the logic of the film a bit more too regarding batman not knowing who superman was. But still I admire a lot of it. It feels like the last of its kind, something that could have been made possible before the mcu was such a success and a model for the genre.

The big reason why I love that Logan trailer is that it just seems so unconventional as well. Like some neo-western flick that just so happened to include a mutant with claws in it. And no world ending explosive setpieces in sight either. I shouldn't get my hopes up but that is definitely my most anticipated CBM next year because it seems like Mangold/Jackman are operating on their own wavelength there since they are done with the character after that and the xmen timeline is so fucked they can apparently do whatever they want with it haha.

Don't get me wrong I'm looking forward to guardians 2 and justice league too. And I'm there for wonder woman because I like the character in the comics but I'm just done expecting a great blockbuster with this stuff now. Like I seriously believe that WB or Marvel could hire the ghost of Kubrick or hell even bring back Nolan or Raimi into their mcu/DCEU and we'd still get a fairly average film out of it. Guardians 2 should at the very least be pretty funny tho.

Corpsepyre

Banned
It's top 10 for me. If the script was better planned out it might have squeaked into top 5 tho

Basically here's my opinion of the genre at this point: I've given up expecting something as thrilling/melodramatic/entertaining as tdk or spiderman 2 or x2. Like those seem so far away from being touched now by these guys it's not even funny. It's just sad how middling shit is now. Especially from marvel, but dc isn't helping matters looking at suicide squad.

BvS really had something interesting going with the way the film was being structured and also it's take on Batman and Superman. It being a DCEU movie crippled it though. We really didn't need that flash scene or the dumb justice league teases. Plus I think they should have thought out the logic of the film a bit more too regarding batman not knowing who superman was. But still I admire a lot of it. It feels like the last of its kind, something that could have been made possible before the mcu was such a success and a model for the genre.

The big reason why I love that Logan trailer is that it just seems so unconventional as well. Like some neo-western flick that just so happened to include a mutant with claws in it. And no world ending explosive setpieces in sight either. I shouldn't get my hopes up but that is definitely my most anticipated CBM next year because it seems like Mangold/Jackman are operating on their own wavelength there since they are done with the character after that and the xmen timeline is so fucked they can apparently do whatever they want with it haha.

Don't get me wrong I'm looking forward to guardians 2 and justice league too. And I'm there for wonder woman because I like the character in the comics but I'm just done expecting a great blockbuster with this stuff now. Like I seriously believe that WB or Marvel could hire the ghost of Kubrick or hell even bring back Nolan or Raimi into their mcu/DCEU and we'd still get a fairly average film out of it. Guardians 2 should at the very least be pretty funny tho.

Oh, I'm sure atleast that'll happen.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Normally, you don't announce a pregnancy until you're 3 months into it, right? Which would mean she's due in May? That only gives her a month or so to recover then on a plane again flying across the world to promote the movie, that suuuuuucks. I hope WB gives her an easy schedule.

Ross61

Aquaman going into pre-production later this month at Australia's Gold Coast Village Roadshow Studios.

Here's a picture of the set:
CwmY5FFXgAAyYbF.jpg:large

We haven't had an Eh Maybe rumor in a while. His latest is an implication Affleck's Batman may have commonalities with Fincher's The Game. Interesting if true and there are a number of Batman stories that lend themselves to it, most notably Hush.

We haven't had an Eh Maybe rumor in a while. His latest is an implication Affleck's Batman may have commonalities with Fincher's The Game. Interesting if true and there are a number of Batman stories that lend themselves to it, most notably Hush.

He just can't shotgun bullshit across the net now that he's with The Wrap.

Bleepey

I matched with a cute girl on tinder and we got into a debate about BVS's plot holes. I tried explaining the Martha moment, why Wonder Woman couldn't just speak doomsday and whilst I conceded some points she refused to even listen to my points and moved goalposts constantly. She unmatched me

Worth it.

I matched with a cute girl on tinder and we got into a debate about BVS's plot holes. I tried explaining the Martha moment, why Wonder Woman couldn't just speak doomsday and whilst I conceded some points she refused to even listen to my points and moved goalposts constantly. She unmatched me

Worth it.

This is honestly the corniest thing I've read on this forum in a while

Let your fanboy debates seep into your social lives brehs...

IconGrist

Worth it.

I have so many questions. The main one being: How did the topic get brought up?

Bleepey

This is honestly the corniest thing I've read on this forum in a while

Let your fanboy debates seep into your social lives brehs...

I couldn't help it, someone was wrong on the Internet.

She unmatched me about 10 minutes ago but here goes:

Her bio said she liked comic book shows and so we started talking about shows she liked. I mentioned I liked MOS and BVS and that Snyder's decisions held up to scrutiny, especially MOS. She then started mentioning plot holes she found. Like why didn't Jor El tell lois how to destroy the World Engine. I told her he did and sent a clip with the explanation and then forwarded her a retrospectives analysing the movie. She thought that me finding a retrospective analysing the film just to prove a point was excessive. I said the movie as confensiois as this has a lot of scrutiny applied to it and it's plot holds up to scrutiny. Then we moved to BVS and it was the beginning of the end. We started with why not give Wonder Woman the spear, I told her 1) Wonder Woman was holding doomsday with the lasso and she could barely hold on 2) Superman could barely stand and you want him to throw it 100s of m away 3) what if he misses.

Then she talked about why not Kryptonite bullets and I said sure why not that's an oversight but he did use kryptonite canisters

Then we got to the Martha moment and I didn't even get to use the Bucky moment in civil war before we unmatched.

From this I conclude, Matt Murdock couldn't defend Zack Snyder as much as I have and I may have a problem. When I am not willing to let someone win a trivial argument and it either makes me lose money or stops me getting laid... I think I need to reevaluate my priorities. This reminds me of the time I went on a date with a girl and she gave me a look like I kicked her puppy and didn't text me back after the date because I kept talking shit about Transformers 3. I should be above this, I am not that principled.

Litan

Worth it.
Bleepey, no...
What are you doing?

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
You did the right thing, it would never have worked out anyway. Good job.

Worth it.

Gotta wait before you break out heavy topics like religion, politics, and superhero movies.

Worth it.
camby.png
camby.png
camby.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom