• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

a916

Which is why she's in a film with Catwoman and Ivy. It's essentially another teamup movie. I bet that Deadshot movie isn't even fucking close to being a reality. You know why Batman isn't being pushed because Affleck wants to do it at his own pace.

and TBH we don't really know what's going on with Rock or Shazam. Margot and Ivy are hot right now. This is probably something all sides agreed to relatively quickly especially with Ayer coming back.

It all changes if that movie comes out and it's amazing... but I was hoping with Geoff Johns back at the helm, he'd be fast tracking his favorite (Green Lantern)

how is Sirens getting a push but not a damn Superman sequel? Or Green Lantern... or that Shazam movie while the Rock stars in one new movie a week?

You're asking how a Harley-led movie getting a push over Green Lantern?

Like, I love GL, but he's not getting priority over Harley.

BadAss2961

Hopefully he's given more time to figure out a good story before being tossed into the fire again.

Nice to see WB didn't give up on him but this isn't a film I care about... WB's priorities are so out of wack it's not even funny... how is Sirens getting a push but not a damn Superman sequel? Or Green Lantern... or that Shazam movie while the Rock stars in one new movie a week?

That's a no name... she has Tomb Raider, Dungeons and Dragons, and Sherlock 3 under her credit but none of those are out.
didn't we get some sort of confirmation about a Superman movie several months ago?

Effect

Hopefully he's given more time to figure out a good story before being tossed into the fire again.

Nice to see WB didn't give up on him but this isn't a film I care about... WB's priorities are so out of wack it's not even funny... how is Sirens getting a push but not a damn Superman sequel? Or Green Lantern... or that Shazam movie while the Rock stars in one new movie a week?

That's a no name... she has Tomb Raider, Dungeons and Dragons, and Sherlock 3 under her credit but none of those are out.

didn't we get some sort of confirmation about a Superman movie several months ago?
We did. Both Cavil, his agent, and Amy Adams all mentioned that it's being made. I believe one or all said the script was being worked on. I don't remember which one said it was being accelerated in the schedule. WB also did say that Batman and Superman movies were coming when they originally announced the film slate. Then the Batman film was announced later and then we heard about the Superman film around the time Suicide Squad came out if I'm remembering correctly. So it's coming and likely in 2019 I would guess.

Edit:

Know how we're wondering what will happen to the March 2018 date? You could easily fit a Deadshot solo movie into that slot. Especailly if you make a very isolated story. Think about how Dredd (Karl Urban film) and The Raid takes place in just a single building. I can easily imagine a Deadshot film being done like that and possibly quickly as far as filming goes. It would also be a pretty straight forward story with Deadshot's shooting abilities being the main thing that requires special effects assuming the enemy doesn't have powers. Assuming they have anything at all to move on at this moment.

Penguin

Nice to see WB didn't give up on him but this isn't a film I care about... WB's priorities are so out of wack it's not even funny... how is Sirens getting a push but not a damn Superman sequel? Or Green Lantern... or that Shazam movie while the Rock stars in one new movie

Oh this is an easy one, Suicide Squad almost made as much as Man of Steel and Green Lantern combined

Which would you prioritize?

(That and Superman is being scarified to build the League)

Z6c5lLr.png

Well I'm seemingly wrong about Ayer never working on another DC project again, though for how long is yet to be seen. I actually don't hate the news like everyone else and it's funny too because I've gone full Junko Enoshima levels of despair in regards to the DCEU. It's nice to feel a little hope again.

BadAss2961

Well I'm seemingly wrong about Ayer never working on another DC project again, though for how long is yet to be seen. I actually don't hate the news like everyone else and it's funny too because I've gone full Junko Enoshima levels of despair in regards to the DCEU. It's nice to feel a little hope again.
Harley, Ivy, and Catwoman are getting their own movie in the DCEU. Fuck what OT thinks. lol

J_Viper

Seeing how Ayer is already used to a rushed schedule, and how WB isn't one to learn from mistakes, I wonder how quickly they can rush Sirens out.

Perhaps this can be a replacement for Flash if they can't get that movie together.

IconGrist

I have to agree with "not having a rock solid schedule is the better idea". On the one hand Marvels' way is nice because you always know what's coming and you know way ahead of time. Not to mention the steadiness of it. On the other hand DC/WB is free to adjust and do whatever they feel is best at almost any given time. It's not like anyone really cares that there be some sort of overarching plot line through all of these movies. They just like the "connected" bit with familiar faces from other movies showing up or being mentioned. Plus, there's more frequent chances for "hype" news because you never really know what WB is cooking up.

Loxley

Harley, Ivy, and Catwoman are getting their own movie in the DCEU. Fuck what OT thinks. lol

No kidding, I'm all for this. An all-female team comic book film? And with some of the most iconic female characters in the DC universe? I'm ready for it to be good.

I will say I think title isn't that great though :/

Seeing how Ayer is already used to a rushed schedule, and how WB isn't one to learn from mistakes, I wonder how quickly they can rush Sirens out.

Perhaps this can be a replacement for Flash if they can't get that movie together.

Isn't he still doing the Orc cop movie right now? Nothing is taking Flash's spot because it was already given to Tomb Raider. The question now becomes what's taking Aquaman's July 27, 2018 date.

No kidding, I'm all for this. An all-female team comic book film? And with some of the most iconic female characters in the DC universe? I'm ready for it to be good.

I will say I think title isn't that great though :/

It was a long-ish running comic series. It's got built in nerd recognition. It'll play.

J_Viper

I wonder who the villain could be for Sirens.

Bane?

Isn't he still doing the Orc cop movie right now? Nothing is taking Flash's spot because it was already given to Tomb Raider. The question now becomes what's taking Aquaman's July 27, 2018 date.

Oh right the Netflix Orc Cop thing with Joel Edgerton. I wonder if that already wrapped.

I mean, assuming Sirens is a smaller scale, no villain-shoots-blue-beam-into-the sky, crime flick, I could see it making July 2018 if they start filming next year.

I'm drawing a blank there other than Paula Patton who people have brought up.
Kerry Washington would be stellar

Ninjimbo

I dig the news. I think Ayer is a solid director too. I don't know what went wrong with SS but I'm willing to give the guy another chance because the ingredients were all there in SS. The editing screwed with the movie. I just hope that if Ayer shoots action, he gets Snyder on the fucking phone. Jesus Christ almighty. Catwoman better be wrecking fools Arkham Knight style.

Deadshot as a small John Wick/Accountant type joint would be cool. Free from a lot of the standard comic book movie context -- which is what Suicide Squad promised originally lol.

But I say cancel Bad Boys 3 and put Martin Lawrence in that instead

I wonder who the villain could be for Sirens.

Bane?

Not so much a villain, but I can see Riddler playing an antagonistic role in this film. He already has a minor history with the Sirens. And if Leto has nothing better to do (hahahaha of course he doesn't, he rock climbs), have him cause friction within the team. The way people were complaining about Harley still being wrapped around Joker's finger, having her have some conflict with leaving him and having a big screw you Mr. J moment could get some positive reactions.

This Ivy is fucking gorgeous. I wonder who they REALISTICALLY can hire for the job.

Even as the biggest Bat/Cat shipper in the world, I find Ivy's casting to be far far more important to nail. She would have to have some damn fine chemistry with Margo Robbie (cause lets face it, they're going to be flirty as hell if WB plays it conservatively, full blown lesbian/bi if WB has the balls)

I hope that Katana comes back and get more than 2 lines of dialogues and 45 seconds of presence.

I really hope Ayer just goes full on girl power with this and adds everyone but the kitchen sink. Bring back Katana, add the Birds of Prey
I want them in the movie damn it, especially Babs...
, cameo by Wonder Woman and Lois, do it all.

Yager

Banned
I think I should be happy and excited, but I can't shake the feeling that they're gonna pull another Catwoman-like movie.

Sambrez_

At least they're going in the opposite direction of Marvel, with lots of womens heroes/villains. And that's good.
Are there ever been a good story with the Birds of Prey/Gotham Sirens ?

Just read that Walton Goggins is the villain in Tomb Raider. One step closer to him playing Joker. Just forget Leto. He never existed. Just some no one.

Penguin

I think I should be happy and excited, but I can't shake the feeling that they're gonna pull another Catwoman-like movie.

I don't... who knows... foolish hope

But some pros

-Not written by Ayer.
-Doesn't seem to have truncated development cycle (yet)
-Less characters for them to have to juggle
-An already established in-universe character to focus on
-Whatever my feelings on the movie, a lot of the character moments in Squad did land well. The bar scene being the highlight of the movie

Some cons
-He doesn't have much of an eye for action
-Really am afraid to see his design for Catwoman and Ivy
-He is more grit/crime director than this... more buddy-cop/team-up esque movie

strafer

I don't... who knows... foolish hope

But some pros

-Not written by Ayer.
-Doesn't seem to have truncated development cycle (yet)
-Less characters for them to have to juggle
-An already established in-universe character to focus on
-Whatever my feelings on the movie, a lot of the character moments in Squad did land well. The bar scene being the highlight of the movie

Some cons
-He doesn't have much of an eye for action
-Really am afraid to see his design for Catwoman and Ivy
-He is more grit/crime director than this... more buddy-cop/team-up esque movie

Why is the design a con?

Harley Quinn was amazing.

BadAss2961

Even as the biggest Bat/Cat shipper in the world, I find Ivy's casting to be far far more important to nail. She would have to have some damn fine chemistry with Margo Robbie (cause lets face it, they're going to be flirty as hell if WB plays it conservatively, full blown lesbian/bi if WB has the balls)
I called for Abbie Cornish a while back. I think she and Margot would have good chemistry. Two sexy Aussies.

firelogic

Let's get Yvonne Strahovski for Ivy. She's sexy, is a good actress, and has done action before.

I don't think I can post it but she did a promotion for SoBe water where she's wearing body paint in the design of leaves. She's practically Ivy right there. Just need to colour her hair.

a916

Oh this is an easy one, Suicide Squad almost made as much as Man of Steel and Green Lantern combined

Which would you prioritize?

(That and Superman is being scarified to build the League)

What?

MOS made 668M and SS made 745M, you back Man of Steel you build the brand. Superman is way more crucial to the DCEU success than some cash grab Gotham Sirens... they haven't even built up the Batman enough and here comes another spinoff taking place in the Batman universe.

If people want Harley, you don't give her a movie, you give them Joker with Harley in a Batman movie.

I have no idea what the narrative and through thread is, but it just sounds like they are throwing crap onto the wall without a focus. Whereas Marvel always had a plan to trend towards the Infinity War, I have no clue what DCEU is leading towards.

I say this as someone who loved BvS and Man of Steel and have had faith in the DCEU until this news.

Ashhong

What?

MOS made 668M and SS made 745M, you back Man of Steel you build the brand. Superman is way more crucial to the DCEU success than some cash grab Gotham Sirens... they haven't even built up the Batman enough and here comes another spinoff taking place in the Batman universe.

If people want Harley, you don't give her a movie, you give them Joker with Harley in a Batman movie.

I have no idea what the narrative and through thread is, but it just sounds like they are throwing crap onto the wall without a focus. Whereas Marvel always had a plan to trend towards the Infinity War, I have no clue what DCEU is leading towards.

I say this as someone who loved BvS and Man of Steel and have had faith in the DCEU until this news.

I would be extremely surprised if DC is doing anything remotely like Marvel, where everything will build to one big event. Maybe they are in the works, but nothing we have seen so far has indicated any kind of plan. They just want to create movies that are successes and happen to take place in the same universe. And to be honest, I dont mind that as long as the movies are good.

Affleck got tired of dodging questions and confirmed Batman is filming in spring.

His "we need to get the script right" line kinda starts to hold less and less water when it's going on a year since he and Johns teased they've been working on something together.

Oh, please don't let Ayer have a large role in designs for Ivy and Catwoman. Consult Wilkerson, Johns, Affleck and then ask Ayer for input. Unless people want gang/street influenced Ivy and Catwoman.

Ninjimbo

I think I would prefer it if the DC moves stayed stand alone for awhile. Don't build up to anything. The only movies that should feel connected are the ones following up on BvS and MoS. Everything else should just do it's own thing.

His "we need to get the script right" line kinda starts to hold less and less water when it's going on a year since he and Johns teased they've been working on something together.

Oh, please don't let Ayer have a large role in designs for Ivy and Catwoman. Consult Wilkerson, Johns, Affleck and then ask Ayer for input. Unless people want gang/street influenced Ivy and Catwoman.

Definitely want Wilkinson guiding the designs. I'll give Suicide Squad some credit. Harley's Debbie Harry look is her best outside the jester suit, and Bancho Katana is her best design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom