• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guy who just got ousted said Batman along with Aquaman in 2018...but didn't mention Flash.

Makes sense. While they have the basis for a script, I assume they'll want to give the next director some input on it. Flash will probably be lucky to start filming by summer at this rate.

Edit: Anyone know when their next investor call would be? I feel like that's the best place to get an updated film slate at this point.

Makes sense. While they have the basis for a script, I assume they'll want to give the next director some input on it. Flash will probably be lucky to start filming by summer at this rate.

Edit: Anyone know when their next investor call would be? I feel like that's the best place to get an updated film slate at this point.

Not sure when they have the next investor call. I'd imagine before the start of Q1, so we might be a month or more out before then.

Ahasverus

And you thought Cavilñ had a perfect body, ha

ydc4d7sell3y.jpg

Busty

Banned
I've dealt with Greg Silverman in the past and I can tell you he's one of the, if not the, smartest, most personable executives I've ever worked with. A good guy in a business that is in short supply of them.

Emmerich on the other hand..., He wasn't deemed a good fit for WB proper when the studio first absorbed New Line and I doubt much has changed.

If Warners really is moving more towards film 'labels' like Disney then maybe Toby makes sense. He can work the gaps in the WB slate that don't have a big franchise picture slotted into it.

Eh.

Ross61

I've dealt with Greg Silverman in the past and I can tell you he's one of the, if not the, smartest, most personable executives I've ever worked with. A good guy in a business that is in short supply of them.

Emmerich on the other hand..., He wasn't deemed a good fit for WB proper when the studio first absorbed New Line and I doubt much has changed.

If Warners really is moving more towards film 'labels' like Disney then maybe Toby makes sense. He can work the gaps in the WB slate that don't have a big franchise picture slotted into it.

Eh.

Something must have changed for them to pick Emmerich and toss Silverman. Mayimbe seems to be blaming him for many of the DCEU's problems.

Busty

Banned
Something must have changed for them to pick Emmerich and toss Silverman. Mayimbe seems to be blaming him for many of the DCEU's problems.

Snyder and Ayer are Silverman's boys through and through. IIRC Silverman even gets a 'Thanks' in the end credits for End Of Watch.

If anything Tarzan, which Silverman personally championed, could have been his undoing but that ended up snatching a victory from the jaws of defeat.

I just think WB could be moving towards more of a film label style of production model like Disney and Silverman probably wasn't that interested.

Ross61

Snyder and Ayer are Silverman's boys through and through. IIRC Silverman even gets a 'Thanks' in the end credits for End Of Watch.

If anything Tarzan, which Silverman personally championed, could have been his undoing but that ended up snatching a victory from the jaws of defeat.

I just think WB could be moving towards more of a film label style of production model like Disney and Silverman probably wasn't that interested.
If he's the reason Snyder and Ayer keep getting chances, that is most likely the reason he's being replaced. Lots of talk of executives being unhappy the Snyder is still getting chances after MoS and BvS. If this brings better directors on board I'm all for it.

Eh.

Gross. I hope this shakeup isn't too drastic. WB turning into Disney would be really sad to see

Effect

I wouldn't put a whole lot of faith in Mayimbe's opinion there. He'll blame whoever gets outcast from WB as part of the problem.

I'm wary of that too but I think he has been saying for a long time there were certain people that were causing issues and they were on the executive side of things.

Ninjimbo

Sounds like a hit piece on Silverman. Eh, whatever. I hate the studio drama bs that is becoming part of the comic book film discussion. They're throwing out all these figures in the article about how much money WB isn't making and acting like it isn't enough. What a crazy world to live in when making a billion dollars in profit isn't a good thing. Apparently they have to be at two billion!

I don't get the industry and I'm not even sure if it matters at the end of it all. I just hope WB doesn't stop taking risks. BvS is phenomenal. That movie doesn't exist in a reality where everyone tries to copy Disney.

Ahasverus

Good person or nor, the former film guy eas really out of touch and did More harm than good (by aiding to the butchering of both BvS and SS). I say good riddance and let's have hope for the future.

J_Viper

Throughout his New Line tenure, Emmerich has produced mid-range budget monster hits like “Sex and the City” ($415 million worldwide), “Horrible Bosses” ($118 million worldwide) and “We’re The Millers” ($209 million).

200_s.gif

Ninjimbo

Probably my favorite Batman movie. I was surprised to learn it's not well liked the few times it has been brought up on GAF.
Nice. I like it a lot too. The action scenes are terrible but I like Burton's vision of Gotham and weirdo Bruce. I also really like what Pfieffer and Devito did with their characters. Selina's transformation scene is still cool to me.

Looks great and has a dope soundtrack. Plus Chris Walken is so entertaining in it.

Was my favorite batman movie until the Nolan trilogy hit (including mask of phantasm in that lineup as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom