• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

shingi70

Banned
Another day another round of BS rumours!

• The villains for Justice League are Ares and Ocean Master. Ares will be weakened after Wonder Woman but the recent conflicts with the Kryptonians and previous wars have re-powered him. He will spark a war between Atlanteans and the Amazons so he can reach the height of his powers. Ocean Master betrays Aquaman and takes the thrown and leads the attack on the Amazons.
  • Darkseid will still have a heavy presence in Justice League and will be the villain for Justice League 2.
  • Bruce Wayne and Amanda Waller have different views about metahumans. Bruce believes they can do good while Waller believes they are a threat and should be contained.
  • Batman will be the strategist of the team. Flash will be the sweeper. Cyborg will have a combination of long and short range attacks. Aquaman's fighting style is straight up brutal.
  • Green Lantern will appear at the end of Justice League.
  • Joker and Black Mask will be the main two antagonist in the solo Batman film. Dick
  • Grayson and Barbara Gordon will appear.
  • The following films are in development: Suicide Squad 2, Man of Steel 2, Birds of Prey, Crime Syndicate and New Gods. The Cyborg film has been cancelled

Seems like a compilation of previous rumors.

Cyborg won't be cancelled, it may turn into Titans but won't be cancelled. Warner does not want the PR shit storm of cancelling their Black Hero film after BP was well received and his film will do a ton.

Ross61

If DC cancels Cyborg but announces that Green Lantern Corps main character will by John Stewart then the backlash will be minimal. No one really cares about the Cyborg fill.

Effect

If DC cancels Cyborg but announces that Green Lantern Corps main character will by John Stewart then the backlash will be minimal. No one really cares about the Cyborg fill.

If they end up canceling that film they have to announce that within the same announcement. John Stewart Green Lantern is the bigger draw and it's what people have wanted from the start.

That said I don't think the Cyborg film is in any danger until JL comes out. It really depends on the audience reception to him and also if he appears in Flash.

Kibbles

Jokers outfit any

ClMD1ZuWIAAEWHe.jpg

Jokers outfit any

ClMD1ZuWIAAEWHe.jpg

looks like Jai Lee's work, but I can't confirm it. Love it!

Also, finally heard that Heathens song. As much as I dislike Twenty One Pilots, I actually... kinda dig it? Very happy it's a mellower song. Shit like Car Radio when they're try to go hard really blow.

Is getting slept on.

It is one of the best demos, yes.

Looking at those compiled rumors, I wouldn't be shocked if Cyborg did get cancelled or turned into Titans. *sadface*

JL sounds interesting, I think because the DCAU kept using Superman villains that it'll be a relief to see someone else as the big bad...even though we've seen both of those stories before.

I guess I'm just going to have to splurge on a 4K TV. Hopefully the Neo plays 4K discs.

Get an OLED. You will never look back.

IconGrist

10 days until the Ultimate Cut releases. Hope you guys are ready for whatever may be. There's a 50/50 shot that BvS remains as is, a failed attempt by WB to cash in on the MCU hype OR Snyder and Terrio's choices are vindicated and WB is called to task for messing with the movie they constructed.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
10 days until the Ultimate Cut releases. Hope you guys are ready for whatever may be. There's a 50/50 shot that BvS remains as is, a failed attempt by WB to cash in on the MCU hype OR Snyder and Terrio's choices are vindicated and WB is called to task for messing with the movie they constructed.

It will not change anything, if you hated it you will probably still hate it. Loved it and you will probably love it even more. Kinda ehh about it? Might help you out, just don't expect any miracles.

Bleepey

It will not change anything, if you hated it you will probably still hate it. Loved it and you will probably love it even more. Kinda ehh about it? Might help you out, just don't expect any miracles.

Early opinions point to it being a huge improvement and remedies so many plotholes and pacing issues. However, ifyou think Martha is stupid you'll probably still not like it.

Also how come some people think the Ultimate Cut of Watchmen is worst than Director's cut.

antovolk

Early opinions point to it being a huge improvement and remedies so many plotholes and pacing issues. However, ifyou think Martha is stupid you'll probably still not like it.

Also how come some people think the Ultimate Cut of Watchmen is worst than Director's cut.

Because apparently the insertion of Tales of the Black Freighter kills the pacing.

Plus, the DC is Snyder's preferred and intended version anyway.

Bleepey

Because apparently the insertion of Tales of the Black Freighter kills the pacing.

Plus, the DC is Snyder's preferred and intended version anyway.

OK. Netflix only has theatrical and not director's cut of Watchmen for some weird reason. Mi might check out the Bluray, it's chocablock with extras.

If you're one of the people who called out how much you'd hate it when it got announced 3 years ago, and subsequently reaffirmed in that opinion in every thread about every scrap of info, and then reveled in each bad review, you will still hate the Ultimate Cut because you hated the idea of the movie rather than the movie itself and all the rest is post-hoc justification. And that's okay, free country and all that.

If you just disliked the actual movie,] that's a different story. It's apparently a much better movie on a technical level, and it communicates its ideas and themes much better, so that might alleviate issues people had with it. And of course if you liked the movie, you'll like this even better 9/10 times, because again, it's much better put together.

Is this posted?
CkeiBp6UYAE0EKA.jpg

Mostly Barry Allen stuff and Geoff Johns stuff. Also, I hope these statue and action figures will influence him to choose a suit true to the source material.

ZeroX03

Banned
Is this posted?
CkeiBp6UYAE0EKA.jpg

Mostly Barry Allen stuff and Geoff Johns stuff. Also, I hope these statue and action figures will influence him to choose a suit true to the source material.

Anything short of an iPad full of every Waid issue isn't good enough.

All that Johns means Barry's villain game will be on point at the very least.

Ashhong

Does anybody know how the BestBuy steelbook works? it says that it is a reversible cover or something. How does that work? If that's the case, why sell a Batman and Superman version separately?

Does anybody know how the BestBuy steelbook works? it says that it is a reversible cover or something. How does that work? If that's the case, why sell a Batman and Superman version separately?

I'm going to guess it has no real back of the box, just the other character's face upside down so you can flip the box and choose who is on front.

GeeTeeCee

High-res official release of the poster:

I prefer the poster with all the skulls, but this is pretty good too. Credit to whoever is designing the posters for Suicide Squad, they've all been consistently great and leagues above pretty much any other comic book movie poster in recent memory.

kmfdmpig

Should keep Cyborg, imo. Not a big name draw, and I can't say I'm too fond of the character, but now is not the time to show weakness.

I agree. Cancelling Cyborg would seem like a strange move as DC seems to be doubling down on the character by making the Rebirth title a twice monthly one (even though earlier it barely sold well enough to maintain a monthly release).

A better approach, I think would be to make Cyborg a smaller budgeted film. It's not a particularly popular character, so make an affordable version that could be profitable at $400 million worldwide rather than $600 million, which would be almost impossible for the character.

Cyborg's origin is interesting and could blend Cronenbergesque body horror with high tech intrigue. If the movie was focused on him coming to grips with his new life and his powers and dealing with a small threat then I don't see why the budget would need to be more than ~ $100M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom