• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effect

Gross. Why would they even invite him.

This is what I don't understand. It's one thing to invite those that were critical of you. He openly likes to just shit on WB and DC. It's not even like he's critical but takes joy in talking trash about them, doesn't give a damn if he spoils things for others, and likes to present his opinion as fact. Then try to stand back and act like he doesn't.

I thought Ben was backing Snyder, not WB. That's what was rumored anyway.

Which makes sense, considering that WB has been making nothing but boneheaded decisions and Ben has to know that.

That is the rumor about their relationship, yes. What I was referring to is my prediction of what I think will be in Farcey's article. Who knows though maybe he'll surprise us all and say nothing but nice things. Honestly though, I don't see why WB would want him anywhere near the set, his rumours about Suicide Squad being re-cut for more humor were shown to be false, but his article had a negative effect on the films perception to general audiences anyway. Why the heck haven't they banished his credentials to the Phantom Zone?

J_Viper

That is the rumor about their relationship, yes. What I was referring to is my prediction of what I think will be in Farcey's article. Who knows though maybe he'll surprise us all and say nothing but nice things. Honestly though, I don't see why WB would want him anywhere near the set, his rumours about Suicide Squad being re-cut for more humor were shown to be false, but his article had a negative effect on the films perception to general audiences anyway. Why the heck haven't they banished his credentials to the Phantom Zone?

Ah I see

If I were to guess, I'd say it's better off they invite him on the off chance that the dude what likes what he sees. They really need all the press they can get regardless.

What negatives could you really gleam from a set visit anyways? You're not getting insight on the plot or script

All you're really seeing is the aesthetic and designs which WB excels at anyways.

Like he if he starts saying "I saw tension in Zacks eyes as he spoke to us" or some random shit that's about as far as he could stretch it no?

IconGrist

What negatives could you really gleam from a set visit anyways? You're not getting insight on the plot or script

All you're really seeing is the aesthetic and designs which WB excels at anyways.

Like he if he starts saying "I saw tension in Zacks eyes as he spoke to us" or some random shit that's about as far as he could stretch it no?

"There was a feeling of aimlessness. Like no one knew what was going on. Crew members just stood around having casual conversation. I can't recall anyone actually doing anything the entire time I was there despite Snyder's claims things were moving along as planned and everyone was working hard."

"There was a feeling of aimlessness. Like no one knew what was going on. Crew members just stood around having casual conversation. I can't recall anyone actually doing anything the entire time I was there despite Snyder's claims things were moving along as planned and everyone was working hard."

Yeah pretty much this. Throw in a few "Snyder looks tired and defeated" type comments and we already have everything he'll say.

J_Viper

9EazpU4.jpg

GeeTeeCee

"The craft services table was out of mini hot dogs. Fuck this POS movie."

Blader

Maybe his article actually didn't have much of an effect on anyone(because, you know, general audiences don't usually read film blogs, much less BND, anyway) and WB isn't so petty? Maybe, given the hoops WB is jumping through to course correct and win back people with Justice League, it actually makes sense to invite people who didn't like BvS to show them the new steps they're taking?

If they were going to ban every journalist who wrote a bad review of BvS or parroted rumors about Suicide Squad reshoots, they wouldn't very many journalists left to visit a set anyway.

Ahasverus

Eh I don't see how this marketing style is relevant to the movie, it's like they're trying to turn it into some pop art thing or something, but that actually makes me afraid the movie can't sell by itself. Nice colors though.

Boke1879

Eh I don't see how this marketing style is relevant to the movie, it's like they're trying to turn it into some pop art thing or something, but that actually makes me afraid the movie can't sell by itself. Nice colors though.

I think the marketing for this movie is genius and it shows they are having a bit of fun with it which will probably resonate well with audiences.

Kinda OT. But I feel this movie has a chance to sell a lot of merch. We know Joker and Harley will get a lot of attention in that regard.

Ninjimbo

I think the marketing lends itself to the off-beat nature of the movie. It's supposed to be conflicting in the sense that you'll probably be rooting for bad guys pretending to be the good guys.

So with such a weird premise you have weird marketing like SS cereal that nobody should willingly eat.

Ahasverus

I think the marketing lends itself to the off-beat nature of the movie. It's supposed to be conflicting in the sense that you'll probably be rooting for bad guys pretending to be the good guys.

So with such a weird premise you have weird marketing like SS cereal that nobody should willingly eat.
Oh I get it now lol it's genius.

Effect

Wonder what time tomorrow all this new information will drop. I hope we're not waiting for the west coast and won't be hearing anything until noon PST/3pm EST.

Tabby

Wonder what time tomorrow all this new information will drop. I hope we're not waiting for the west coast and won't be hearing anything until noon PST/3pm EST.

Maybe by Tuesday they mean 12am Tuesday in Australia which means any second now.

Ninjimbo

If anybody caught Game of Thrones last night, the DP replacing Fong for JL worked on that episode.
I just finished watching it. Some of the CG shots were a bit spotty, but I'll chalk it up to the fact that it's a tv show and HBO doesn't have WB's pockets. Other than that, it was very good. I think with Snyder's direction JL is bound to look great.

I think with Snyder's direction JL is bound to look great.

Some Batman v Superman's scenes were shot in a great way, e.g. the beggining of the movie. Other shots were not so good, e.g.
when Doomsday lights up with all those thunders.

I hope Snyder learned from his mistakes and he will take good care of every scene of the movie. The league deserves it.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I'll miss Larry Fong, BvS looked fantastic. Losing him and Zimmer really sucks :(

Neither here nor there, CG quality in the big 3 comic films this year felt lacking in spots. Rarely takes away from my enjoyment, but it stood out.

One scene in X-Men Apocalypse,
Psylocke running on a building and picked up by Angel, turned into a Beowulf for a moment.

Deadpool might have been the least noticeable. Suicide Squad is looking sharp, too.

WhiteWolf

I do like that they are not playing the Batman card heavily in marketing; we've only seen glimpses of him in the trailers and that's it. I was wondering if they were going to plaster him on all the posters.

strafer

I do like that they are not playing the Batman card heavily in marketing; we've only seen glimpses of him in the trailers and that's it. I was wondering if they were going to plaster him on all the posters.

Of course they are. It's Batman.

If I were selling womens lingerie I would be using Batman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom