• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

IconGrist

Yup. She greatly overstayed her welcome. Not the actresses fault but the it was very clear the writers didn't know what they wanted to do with her and kept including her when it didn't make a damn bit of sense. I think it's season 8 where this is 100% clear if one had doubts before. Season starts off with her no where to be seen. Season is going really well and then when she shows up it takes a nose dive and that last until her small arc is over and she's finally gone and then the show is really good to great from that point on until the show finally ends with a dud here and there.

Seasons 4 to 7 are the worse parts of the series. There is just enough there that keeps or kept you watching though. Looking back thought seasons 1-3 and 8 (majority of it) to 10 are the best parts of the show. Must of the later seasons problems are more budget then anything else instead of actor, story, etc related if I'm remember correctly.

Yea, from 8 to 10 there was that one street they filmed all Metropolis outdoor scenes in, lol. Even the Clark versus Doomsday battle took place on that street.

J_Viper

My point is that those movies work and function with their Theatrical Cut. They are still great. They do not need a 3 hour DC that feels like it's 3 hours of my time I could be using doing anything else.

The Extended Editions of LoTR and Godfather are better, but are not needed to make those films good.

Yeah but like I said, the UC should be treated as the Theatrical as that was the intended version to be screened before studio interference hit.

If you don't dig the movie that's cool, but it kinda did need to be three hours considering how much they needed to stuff in there

I'll give you this though, the Lois bullet subplot is SO BAD and really should've been cut entirely.

Penguin

So to just kind of boil down the last few pages, Lion followed Bleepy into this thread to ask him why he always needs to defend DCEU films... in order to get him to defend DCEU films?

LionPride

Banned
Lion just needs to let out some feelings. He got Snydered and is working through it.

So to just kind of boil down the last few pages, Lion followed Bleepy into this thread to ask him why he always needs to defend DCEU films... in order to get him to defend DCEU films?
No, I really asked why does he defend them from any and all criticism, and why does he drag Marvel into his posts

Also to get my feelings about BvS out, because I tried to like it. I really did, especially because I adore Man of Steel. I want these movies to succeed Critically as well as Financially. They have the second one down even though BvS has to be a disappointment. My main issue is how they react to criticism.

People say the destruction in Man of Steel was too much, they throw in lines saying that they are in an abandoned area. Arguably as dumb as the fact that the airport in CW is empty.

People say BvS is too dark, they try and make SS like GoTG and do everything wrong. The editing of the film is honestly the least of the movies problems.

People say BvS needs more humor, show the JL trailer with Icky Thump playing and more jokes that don't come off well.

Do your product! Do not follow what Marvel does. That works because they clearly established from the jump that it's gonna be lighter and sometimes quippy because Stark is your flagship character. And even he wasn't telling jokes in the CW airport scene. It was two characters who would be saying dumb things not taking it as seriously as everyone else.

Back to my point, do what you have established. I like the fact that the DC movies are not as witty as the Marvel movies. It's a nice balance. Disregard what people say sometimes and just try to make a good product your way. Not someone elses

Ninjimbo

Considering what passes off as a critic these days is no greater than your average GAF poster, I don't really care if DC's movies get a fresh score on RT. All I care about is my own opinion and whether they make money or not.

I happen to trust WB's stable of producers and executives. They don't want to make a shit movie, but you know, sometimes you're going to make a shit movie. Like I said before, there's no textbook way to create a good movie. You just know it when you see it. I'm sure WB knows when they put out a good product. We keep forgetting that this same studio recently put out stuff like Mad Max, The Conjuring 2 and Fantastic Beasts.

You don't have to worry too much about WB pulling a Marvel, Lion. They'll do their own thing because they've gotten this far doing it. WB makes a lot of money. Just be glad they ain't Sony or Paramount.

LionPride

Banned
Considering what passes off as a critic these days is no greater than your average GAF poster, I don't really care if DC's movies get a fresh score on RT. All I care about is my own opinion and whether they make money or not.

I happen to trust WB's stable of producers and executives. They don't want to make a shit movie, but you know, sometimes you're going to make a shit movie. Like I said before, there's no textbook way to create a good movie. You just know it when you see it. I'm sure WB knows when they put out a good product. We keep forgetting that this same studio recently put out stuff like Mad Max, The Conjuring 2 and Fantastic Beasts.

You don't have to worry too much about WB pulling a Marvel, Lion. They'll do their own thing because they've gotten this far doing it. WB makes a lot of money. Just be glad they ain't Sony or Paramount.
I just want a movie of Man of Steel's quality or better. That's all. It ain't gotta be Civil War or Winter Soldier or Batman Begins. Just good. Also the average GAF poster is very hyperbolic and quick to judge. I may not like BvS or SS, but let's not act as if they are the worst of the worst CBMs. Because they ain't. There have been much much worse. Are they better than Marvel's worst which is Iron Man 2? Not to me, but they ain't the Fantastic Dour Movies or somethin

IconGrist

I just want a movie of Man of Steel's quality or better. That's all. It ain't gotta be Civil War or Winter Soldier or Batman Begins. Just good. Also the average GAF poster is very hyperbolic and quick to judge. I may not like BvS or SS, but let's not act as if they are the worst of the worst CBMs. Because they ain't. There have been much much worse. Are they better than Marvel's worst which is Iron Man 2? Not to me, but they ain't the Fantastic Dour Movies or somethin

I feel like the only person who liked Iron Man 2.

Effect

I never understood the hate for Iron Man 2. The bait and switch in Iron Man 3 pissing people off? Sure. There isn't anything I can point to in IM2 that can I see as a cause for people to bash it.

LionPride

Banned
I never understood the hate for Iron Man 2. The bait and switch in Iron Man 3 pissing people off? Sure. There isn't anything I can point to in IM2 that can I see as a cause for people to bash it.
It just isn't good outside of Sam Rockwell. I dislike the fact it's a gianr Avengers commercial too. It's terrible

Effect

It just isn't good outside of Sam Rockwell. I dislike the fact it's a gianr Avengers commercial too. It's terrible

Is it really? I keep seeing people say that but I've never agreed with that. Remove Fury (in for what a total of 6 minutes if that) and Black Widow and introduce Tony's father's work via another person the film is pretty much the same. The "Avengers" content, which is really just two characters is pretty minimal from what I remember. I don't think Coulson should count as "Avengers" content since he was in IM1 as well.

BadAss2961

The whole MCU is fuckin' garbage. Really nothing else to say about it.

Batman Begins is outdated. Was once really good, but doesn't hold up. There's no Dark Knight caliber film, but the DCEU has already set a far better Batverse than the Nolan trilogy.

I haven't seen it in years, but why is it a giant Avengers commercial? I just remember the scenes with Nick Fury about joining, but isn't that a post credits or the very end of the film? It's not different than the two post credit sequences you're getting now with Marvel films.

I honestly don't remember, so I'm looking for a refresher.

Batman Begins is outdated. Was once really good, but doesn't hold up. There's no Dark Knight caliber film, but the DCEU has already set a far better Batverse than the Nolan trilogy.

I'll fight you.

guek

Banned

Iron Man 2 had three significant issues that bring it down. The first is that the briefcase suit was completely spoiled in the trailer. The second is that the engineering montage is really, really underwhelming, to the point where Stark even comments "that was easy" afterwards. Third is the final fight with Whiplash which lasts about a minute.

It's not that bad in retrospect but I remember being really disappointed coming off of the first Iron Man.

Effect

I'm not saying Iron Man 2 is great but just I never got the dislike for it. Especially on the front where people claim it was a commercial for Avengers when any Shield related or Avengers related content is at most 10 to 15 minutes of the film and that's being generous. People act like half the movie is about Shield when it's not. Like said you could remove all traces of Fury and Black Widow, which is the Shield/Avengers content, and the film is largely the same.

BadAss2961

I'll fight you.
It was cool seeing Bruce train with Ra's under the league in the snowy mountains and shit, but i'm over it. What else is there to go back to now? Gotham doesn't have much identity (though the trilogy only gets worse from there), the action isn't all that good, there aren't many classic scenes or dialogue, and the back end of the film is pretty weak.

Scarecrow is probably the only thing it still has going for it.

LionPride

Banned

That's your opinion man. I love the MCU, happy it's come along. Batman Begins is better than TDK as a Batman movie so *Shrug*

I haven't seen it in years, but why is it a giant Avengers commercial? I just remember the scenes with Nick Fury about joining, but isn't that a post credits or the very end of the film? It's not different than the two post credit sequences you're getting now with Marvel films.

I honestly don't remember, so I'm looking for a refresher.

I'll fight you.

Is it really? I keep seeing people say that but I've never agreed with that. Remove Fury (in for what a total of 6 minutes if that) and Black Widow and introduce Tony's father's work via another person the film is pretty much the same. The "Avengers" content, which is really just two characters is pretty minimal from what I remember. I don't think Coulson should count as "Avengers" content since he was in IM1 as well.
It just seemed like they were constantly like "Hey, ya know we doin Avengers right? Nudge nudge"

Just didn't sit right with me. Plus Rourke was not a good villian

Firemind

It was cool seeing Bruce train with Ra's under the league in the snowy mountains and shit, but i'm over it. What else is there to go back to now? Gotham doesn't have much identity (though the trilogy only gets worse from there), the action isn't all that good, there aren't many classic scenes or dialogue, and the back end of the film is pretty weak.

Katie Holmes' erect nipples.

Penguin

No, none of them are. They may be bad MCU movies, but they are alright movies at the least.

Though I've said before and said on my site, I'd much rather a bad movie than a bland movie.

I think it's terrible but would watch Batman and Robin over Iron 2/3, Thor 1/2, and others because it has a certain quality that makes it exceptional.

LionPride

Banned
Though I've said before and said on my site, I'd much rather a bad movie than a bland movie.

I think it's terrible but would watch Batman and Robin over Iron 2/3, Thor 1/2, and others because it has a certain quality that makes it exceptional.
Nah can't get down with that.

1. Iron Man 3 is in the top 5 of the MCU, better than Iron Man by far, especially in the grand scope of the universe that they created

2. Thor and Thor 2 are boring when Loki doesn't exist, that's it really.

3. Batman & Robin is awful. It's not so bad it's good, but it's bad. Straight it.

Firemind

IM1 is the only time Tony Stark is a human being; truly vulnerable instead of a caricature of himself. In IM3, he won't use the suit because he's depressed or something. I can't even remember. Oh and they burned his place down.

DC has been pretty quiet about almost everything.

But hey! At least we're getting the Watchmen in a new collectors edition for like the millionth time!

Loxley

Injustice II is in a news drought as well I say we got to Zack Boon's house and demand answers

Ever since that updated Supergirl footage where they fixed her face I've really been yearning for some new info about it :( I'm hoping that we'll start hearing more about the roster soon - especially if they're still planning on that March release date.

I'm trying to think about when Warner Bros would be part of an investment call. I would think in the next 4-6 weeks. I honestly believe that will be where we get any DCEU news cause shareholders are going to be asking about it. Kinda fucked up investment calls have been the largest dumps of official information for this universe.

Edit: Searched. According to their investor relations site.

Q4 2016 Time Warner Inc. Earnings Conference Call

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 8:30 a.m. ET

Ever since that updated Supergirl footage where they fixed her face I've really been yearning for some new info about it :( I'm hoping that we'll start hearing more about the roster soon - especially if they're still planning on that March release date.

Boon shot that date down fast.

bryanee

Yeah I like Iron Man 2 too. Much better than the trash that is IM3.

Fucking this. I'll never get the love the Iron Man 3, its just plain old bad for the vast majority of the film. I'd rather watch Thor 2 or First Avenger and I cant stand those either.

Ninjimbo

Hmm...the action is straight up horrible but everything else is good. As an origin story, the only movie better than Begins is Man of Steel. Liam Neeson as Ra's is also some inspired casting.

Begins pretty much shits on all of the MCU tho.

LionPride

Banned
Hmm...the action is straight up horrible but everything else is good. As an origin story, the only movie better than Begins is Man of Steel. Liam Neeson as Ra's is also some inspired casting.

Begins pretty much shits on all of the MCU tho.

I'll watch Doctor Strange, Civil War, First Avenger, Winter Soldier, or GoTG if I had a choice with them and Batman Begins. And I adore Begins as a film.

J_Viper

IGN just put up an article titled

"9 Directors who could replace Ben Affleck as Batman Director"

Talk about jumping the gun holy fuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom