• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

Nah can't get down with that.

1. Iron Man 3 is in the top 5 of the MCU, better than Iron Man by far, especially in the grand scope of the universe that they created

2. Thor and Thor 2 are boring when Loki doesn't exist, that's it really.

3. Batman & Robin is awful. It's not so bad it's good, but it's bad. Straight it.

Different strokes for diff folks

Thor 1/2 belong to a special class of CBM for me that includes like the Amazing Spider-man 2 and Fantastic Four 2015 and Captain America from the 70s of comic movies I'm okay with never seen again.

Please post the latest rumors from the usual places. I needs it!!!

I got what you want
Got what you need...

Justice League trailer might drop in February.
Expect casting news for Aquaman, Batman and Gotham City Sirens to be announced very soon.
Elle Fanning is not in talks to join The Batman film.
Black Manta has been casted. The role was offered to a specific group of A- Listers, (one name I heard is Jamie Foxx) it's a break the internet type of casting, expect it to be announced around mid January.
Chris Messina and Titus Welliver are in talks to join The Batman film. John Cleese has joined the film.
WB are eyeing actresses from late 20s to late 30s for the roles of Catwoman and Poison Ivy in Gotham City Sirens. Actresses like Kate Beckinsale, Jessica Chastain, Eva Green and Carla Gugino are not under consideration.
Kenneth Branagh has been offered a DCEU film, not sure whether as an actor or a director.
There's no DCEU - HBO tv show in development. WB and Geoff Johns are against that idea.
Expect an announcement on The Flash director soon. They met with a few directors, some names I heard are Shawn Levy, Justin Lin, Chris McKay(Lego Batman) & Francis Lawrence. There were more but I don't know their names.

Wonder Woman- June 2nd, 2017
Justice League- November 17th, 2017
The Batman- April 6th, 2018
Gotham City Sirens- June 8th, 2018
Aquaman- October 5th, 2018
The Flash- April 5th, 2019
Shazam- June 14th, 2019
Justice League 2- November 1st, 2019
Suicide Squad 2- April 3rd, 2020
Superman: Last Son- July 3rd, 2020
Green Lantern Corps- October 2nd, 2020 New Gods - April 2nd, 2021
Justice League Dark- July 7th, 2021
Justice League 3- November 5th, 2021
The Batman 2- April 1st, 2022
Wonder Woman 2- July 1st, 2022
Aquaman 2- October 7th, 2022
Ares is in Wonder Woman but he's played by David Thewlis. She loses faith in humanity after Etta Candy kills Steve Trevor.
The Batman is further into development than Ben Affleck and the studio is letting on. Ben Affleck will start shooting in two months or less.
Deathstroke is a villain in the film but not the main villain. Red Hood and Nightwing will also appear. Armie Hammer is playing Dick Grayson/Nightwing. He has fight scenes with both Deathstroke and Red Hood in the film. The actor for Red Hood is in final negotiations.
Gotham City Sirens is top priority for the studio. David Ayer is still working on Bright's post production but will start working on Sirens in spring with principal photography scheduled for summer. The Riddler will be the main villain of the Gotham City Sirens film.
Black Manta is the main villain for the Aquaman film. Warner Bros wants to give Black Manta a Darth Vader like presence. Ocean Master's role in the film is small. The idea is to set up a potential Throne of Atlantis story for Aquaman 2.
The Flash film has been delayed to make room for The Batman and Gotham City Sirens and to work on the script longer. They hired a new director and Lord & Miller's old treatment is being used as a base for a new script. They are keeping the new director secret. Rumor is that some may like the choice of director while others might hate it.
Shazam film will focus heavily on Black Adam's origins and Billy's life in the first act. Superman shows up in the second act when Black Adam attempts to murder Billy. Billy transforms into Shazam in the middle of the second act. The film is taking heavy notes from the animated short Superman/Shazam Return of Black Adam and the First Thunder comic. Man of Steel's sequel was originally slated for 2019 but with The Flash delay and Superman already appearing in Shazam, the studio decided to push it to 2020.
Justice League 2 will have the Injustice League/Legion of Doom as villains. Lex Luthor will be their leader. The previous films and mid/post credit scenes from other films will set up the team. The current slated team is Lex Luthor, Deathstroke, Black Manta and Black Adam. Cheetah will most likely be brought in to rival Wonder Woman.
Despite making a cameo in Justice League, Green Lantern will not have a main role in Justice League 2. The character is being saved for his solo film. Green Lantern only shows up at the end of Justice League to give the team a warning about Darkseid who is gathering an even bigger army.
Suicide Squad 2 was originally slated for 2018/2019. Some of the members of the Legion of Doom will be part of the Suicide Squad in the film. The early pitch is to have a more human threat for the sequel.
Brainiac will be the main villain for Man of Steel 2 but other minor Superman villains will appear. The title of the film will be Superman: Last Son.
Despite having a director attached, the Justice League Dark film is not a top priority.
New Gods film is about the sons of Darkseid and Highfather. Mister Miracle escapes Apokolips thus breaking a pact that was formed between Apokolips and New Genesis. Darkseid's main goal is to destroy New Genesis and steal their Mother Boxes so he can attack Earth will full force in Justice League 3. Orion will also play a key role in the film.
There are plans for Hawkman, Hawkgirl and Martian Manhunter.
Cyborg movie was considered a "dead end" by the studio. At one point Bloodsport was discussed as a possible villain.
Zack Snyder will not direct Justice League 2.

J_Viper

Different strokes for diff folks

Thor 1/2 belong to a special class of CBM for me that includes like the Amazing Spider-man 2 and Fantastic Four 2015 and Captain America from the 70s of comic movies I'm okay with never seen again.

I got what you want
Got what you need...
I'll give you Thor Too, but the first has its moments

I NEED A HORSE

Actresses like Kate Beckinsale, Jessica Chastain, Eva Green and Carla Gugino are not under consideration.

This rumor can burn in hell

Bleepey

You know what works in it's theatrical cut? The Godfather, The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, and Return of the King. You know what doesn't? Batman V Superman.

So I repeat. Your movie shouldn't NEED a 3 hour director's cut to function. It needs it and it still fails at being good.

Godfather 177 mins
Fellowship 178 mins
Two towers 179
ROTK 200 mins
Saving private Ryan 2hr 50' min

I

According to wiki these are the theatrical cuts...

LionPride

Banned
Godfather 177 mins
Fellowship 178 mins
Two towers 179
ROTK 200 mins
Saving private Ryan 2hr 50' min

I

According to wiki these are the theatrical cuts...

It's like you're disregarding the main point of my message being that those films function given what we got in theatres. I don't care about what was supposed to be in theatres, I care about what we got. A 2 hour and 30 minute mess of a film. The UC is just a 3 hour mess of a film, but it's basic plot finally functions. That shouldn't be the case

Ashhong

*Shrug* My man Eyebrows was an underwhelming villain. Like many villains in the MCU. I'm so used to it that it only bothers me when I think the villain will be something interesting.

lol "it didn't bother me because it's been a problem so many times and i'm used to it"

guek

Banned
I'm always wary of rumors that are too long with an over abundance of detail

I'm also wary of rumors that are vague and brief too

Rumors that are neither brief or long are also usually suspect

Hmmm

LionPride

Banned
lol "it didn't bother me because it's been a problem so many times and i'm used to it"

And yet they have still made good and quality movies despite it
yeshrug.png

The only movies with truly weak villains were Iron Man 2, Thor 2, GotG, and kinda sorta The Incredible Hilk

LionPride

Banned
It's still a glaring problem that should be addressed and not scoffed away

Seeing as their last three movies have had in order: a good villain in Cross, an absolutely fantastic villain in Zemo, and a decent villain in Kaecilius, I ain't worried. Especially with Guardians, Spider-Man, and Thor being their next three.

guek

Banned
Ronan was a mediocre villain but it's weird how frequently people misrepresent the GotG finale like it was a missfire. Most people got a kick out of it and found the ending of Guardians very satisfying.

Funny though that INST isn't here to have a fit about how much he hates that movie :p

Ronan was a mediocre villain but it's weird how frequently people misrepresent the GotG finale like it was a missfire. Most people got a kick out of it and found the ending of Guardians very satisfying.

Funny though that INST isn't here to have a fit about how much he hates that movie :p

The finale sucks. It's objectively awful, like DCEU.

Seeing as their last three movies have had in order: a good villain in Cross, an absolutely fantastic villain in Zemo, and a decent villain in Kaecilius, I ain't worried. Especially with Guardians, Spider-Man, and Thor being their next three.

Wha? He was a twinge sympathetic, and he "won", but he is far from a fantastic villain. He was there to make the Avengers fight amongst themselves.

LionPride

Banned
Wha? He was a twinge sympathetic, and he "won", but he is far from a fantastic villain. He was there to make the Avengers fight amongst themselves.

I like him because he was an excellent character, had good motivation, succeeded in his goal. Led to the Avengers breaking apart. He succeeded in his goal. Plus he's still alive thanks to DA GAWD Black Panther. Still more for him to do in future Captain America movies. I just loved Bruhl as Zemo

I'm gonna get crucified for saying this but I really grew to dislike the danceoff bro scene. It was funny the first 2 times watching it because of how bizarre and unexpected it was but after the 3rd or 4th view I started to wish they had done something else. That shit belonged to a superhero parody movie. As a result GotG really fell off in my ranking of the MCU movies and I initially liked it enough to see it twice in the cinemas (which might be the only MCU movie I've done that for now that I think about it). I'm definitely gonna be in the minority here but I hope GotG 2 is a tad more serious than the first one *ducks tomatoes*.

IconGrist

I keep trying to do a marathon watch of MoS, BvS and SS but stuff keeps getting in the way. Will try again on Saturday. I'm thinking of setting up a specific channel in our Discord group and doing a live commentary. Haven't quite decided.

I call bullshit. Zemo is a plot baby not a good villain at all and Kaecilius is not a good villain, he's a joke with too much eye make up and the reasoning power of an angry teenager on rage steroids. You are wrong.

J_Viper

The reason why I hate Darren Cross is because Corey Stoll would have KILLED IT as Lex, but Marvel had to steal him first.

But really, I did like Yellowjacket.

LionPride

Banned
We've come so far, what was the original question?
Why oh why does Bleepy invoke Marvel in convos that people have not brought them up in. I have been noticing it and knew I could ask in here and get an answer. I didn't
I call bullshit. Zemo is a plot baby not a good villain at all and Kaecilius is not a good villain, he's a joke with too much eye make up and the reasoning power of an angry teenager on rage steroids. You are wrong.

Okay, your opinion young

The finale sucks. It's objectively awful, like DCEU.

Honestly I don't even have a problem with the stupid dance off. It wasnt out of place like some of the stuff in civil wars airport scene for instance.

Guardians from the start set out to be fairly irreverent

I think it was that corny care Bears circle that was what really hurt the finale. And then it tries to get emotional by calling back to the mom. None of that worked imo. But whatever its such a miniscule scene. Just because I thought that was garbage doesn't mean I dont really enjoy the movie

LionPride

Banned
Figured thats what you implied in the other thread.
I despise 3, literally bottom of the MCU only over Thor 2.

Nah, I enjoy it so much. Maybe I was in a good mood in 2013 because I like IM3, love Man of Steel, Love Pacific Rim, and liked The Wolverine until it became an X-Men movie in the last third

IconGrist

Why oh why does Bleepy invoke Marvel in convos that people have not brought them up in. I have been noticing it and knew I could ask in here and get an answer. I didn't.

I imagine it's the same reason people bring up the DCEU to drag it through the mud when no one else brought it up - to ruffle some feathers and get attention.

If you shit on the Marvel movies you're going to get jumped.
If you shit on the DC movies you're going to get jumped.

Everyone knows this so the only reason to do it is because you want the attention.

And note that I'm not talking about trying to start a discussion. I mean just blurting out "this sucks" or "that sucks" and waiting for your post to get quoted a few times.

BadAss2961

It's possible. I sure hope they pull it off. It's going to be hard to top Road to Perdition and A History of Violence though.
I wish you had left it open. The title made me giggle every time.
I imagine it's the same reason people bring up the DCEU to drag it through the mud when no one else brought it up - to ruffle some feathers and get attention.

If you shit on the Marvel movies you're going to get jumped.
If you shit on the DC movies you're going to get jumped.

Everyone knows this so the only reason to do it is because you want the attention.

And note that I'm not talking about trying to start a discussion. I mean just blurting out "this sucks" or "that sucks" and waiting for your post to get quoted a few times.

Good point. It's pretty safe to shit on DC movies right now though. lol

I like him because he was an excellent character, had good motivation, succeeded in his goal. Led to the Avengers breaking apart. He succeeded in his goal. Plus he's still alive thanks to DA GAWD Black Panther. Still more for him to do in future Captain America movies. I just loved Bruhl as Zemo

I wanted comic book Zemo. I got some dude that got super lucky with his plans named Zemo.

Bleepey

It's like you're disregarding the main point of my message being that those films function given what we got in theatres. I don't care about what was supposed to be in theatres, I care about what we got. A 2 hour and 30 minute mess of a film. The UC is just a 3 hour mess of a film, but it's basic plot finally functions. That shouldn't be the case[/QUOTE

You're entitled to your opinion.

Zemo's power is luck. The ability to make shit up as he goes along and everything falls into place.

LionPride

Banned
What's the last good movie you watched? I need something to wash away the stench of Rogue One.
First you like BvS, cool that's fine sure. But then you don't like Rogue one....

I wanted comic book Zemo. I got some dude that got super lucky with his plans named Zemo.
I never found it to be luck, like at all

It's like you're disregarding the main point of my message being that those films function given what we got in theatres. I don't care about what was supposed to be in theatres, I care about what we got. A 2 hour and 30 minute mess of a film. The UC is just a 3 hour mess of a film, but it's basic plot finally functions. That shouldn't be the case

You're entitled to your opinion.

Zemo's power is luck. The ability to make shit up as he goes along and everything falls into place.
1. I'm entitled to my opinion? What does that have to do with that statement.

2. Hey Hey, you gonna answer my question that got me in here tho?

What are you implying?

Don't worry about it. I also found rogue one to be pretty damn bleh until the Darth Vader scene.

I cant fathom why people would put it over force awakens. I'm no Abrams fan but that had far more interesting characters and more momentum

Incendies is dope. One of Villeneuve best movies

Don't worry about it. I also found rogue one to be pretty damn bleh until the Darth Vader scene.

I cant fathom why people would put it over force awakens. I'm no Abrams fan but that had far more interesting characters and more momentum

Incendies is dope. One of Villeneuve best movies

Villeneuve only has best movies though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom