• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busty

Banned
I also wanna make it known have no problem with LionPride. Don't want him to think picking on me, I'm just finding the whole ordeal fun.

Speaking of fun, new Reddit rumors.

Just for the record, I think they're all bunk, but we got nothing else going on

I love all these 4Chan and Reddit rumours despite the fact none of them are remotely credible. For example...,

Warners haven't paid for a Superbowl slot themselves in years and I don't see them taking one this year either unless they have a deal with Turkish Airlines again.

I know for a fact that WB have been developing a New Gods film well before BvS was announced so it's something that has always been in their plan to one degree or another.

Remember what I said a couple of weeks ago? Don't expect any Justice League trailer until well after LEGO Batman has dropped..., looks like that is still going to be the case.

But in the absence of any hard news I'll take some bullshit rumours.

i dunno about those characters appearing, they prolly just sticking to dc characters only.

i'm just hoping that if green lantern and superman show up in lego batman that it's jonah hill and channing tatum again.

i dunno about those characters appearing, they prolly just sticking to dc characters only.

i'm just hoping that if green lantern and superman show up in lego batman that it's jonah hill and channing tatum again.

lol..Yeah. I imagine most the folks who played characters last time around will likely cross over. Was a really great movie. Has me pretty pumped for Lego Batman..RIP!

LEGO-11.gif

Ross61

Why would you ask GAF why WB keeps hiring Zack Snyder like GAF is the intel on WB private happening? Why the hell would GAF know?

Ninjimbo

Why would you ask GAF why WB keeps hiring Zack Snyder like GAF is the intel on WB private happening? Why the hell would GAF know?
The real answer is that people just want to take shots at Snyder because he seemingly ruined their favorite characters. You know, the Lucas effect.

Nobody really cares about why WB works with Zack. JL could gross 3 billion and you'll still have people on GAF saying he committed abominable storytelling sins. Whatever that means.

guek

Banned
The real answer is that people just want to take shots at Snyder because he seemingly ruined their favorite characters. You know, the Lucas effect.

Nobody really cares about why WB works with Zack. JL could gross 3 billion and you'll still have people on GAF saying he committed abominable storytelling sins. Whatever that means.
The answer to the question was posted on the first page even. His work may not review well but he's otherwise reliable and that counts for a whole lot in Hollywood.

Tabby

GAF has expert opinions on movies, full of Hollywood insiders and important people whose opinions we should care about.

Doncha know?

GeeTeeCee

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Hollywood films (I'm an expert), but origin stories and connected universes are huge parts of it.

Ninjimbo

The answer to the question was posted on the first page even. His work may not review well but he's otherwise reliable and that counts for a whole lot in Hollywood.
Not only reliable, Snyder sounds easy to work with. At least relatively speaking. He'll put in the work required to make movies like this possible and he'll be flexible enough to not let dumb stuff like ego get in the way. That counts for a hell of a whole lot when you're ostensibly trying to create a franchise in WB's case.

Look at how many directors they've dismissed because of creative differences. It's not easy to make one of these films and very few guys in Hollywood get the James Cameron treatment. Also, Nolan suggested Snyder to helm MoS simply because he had the experience to deliver on one of these productions.

The answer is easy. But you'll still get 8 pages of arguments that Snyder wants to rape Batman. Oh brother.

Not only reliable, Snyder sounds easy to work with. At least relatively speaking. He'll put in the work required to make movies like this possible and he'll be flexible enough to not let dumb stuff like ego get in the way. That counts for a hell of a whole lot when you're ostensibly trying to create a franchise in WB's case.

Look at how many directors they've dismissed because of creative differences. It's not easy to make one of these films and very few guys in Hollywood get the James Cameron treatment. Also, Nolan suggested Snyder to helm MoS simply because he had the experience to deliver on one of these productions.

The answer is easy. But you'll still get 8 pages of arguments that Snyder wants to rape Batman. Oh brother.

It's funny and sort of sad to see the attempts at tearing down Zack Snyder as a person. Absolutely wouldn't call him a great director, and really, Batman v Superman is his only movie I like. So it's easy enough to knock his creative works and not get into that whole mean weirdness.

I love all these 4Chan and Reddit rumours despite the fact none of them are remotely credible. For example...,

Warners haven't paid for a Superbowl slot themselves in years and I don't see them taking one this year either unless they have a deal with Turkish Airlines again.

I know for a fact that WB have been developing a New Gods film well before BvS was announced so it's something that has always been in their plan to one degree or another.

Remember what I said a couple of weeks ago? Don't expect any Justice League trailer until well after LEGO Batman has dropped..., looks like that is still going to be the case.

But in the absence of any hard news I'll take some bullshit rumours.

I like when the thought process behind the rumors is super transparent. A recent one claims two actors are being looked at for Affleck's Batman; two actors frequently cast in Affleck's movies. So the thinking is, the pattern holds. But it's reported as two actors being looked at.

PBY

Banned
Popped in to his thread see if we were gonna get a JL trailer soon...

Y'all gotta chill damn, there's no anti DCEU conspiracy lol

Well, I am not saying there is, I think a lot of opinions are valid, but you can't deny the sheer amount of shitposting either, can you?

Edit: Tbf. that's generally the discussion culture on this board against things that are not well received. And I feel like that shouldn't be the case.

Ninjimbo

No one said about a conspiracy. We're just tired of people acting like jackasses in every DC thread in OT. Or at least I'm tired of it. Shit needs to stop.

PBY

Banned
Well, I am not saying there is, I think a lot of opinions are valid, but you can't deny the sheer amount of shitposting either, can you?
I think most people don't like those movies, and they've become a meme - not the first or last thing to get shit on by the Internet.

I don't think it's a problem, most people are posting just genuine opinions, and just ignore the posts that bother you. This is something that doesn't hurt anyone, don't see what the issue is.

If you think it's an issue, proceed - honestly think most people just don't care that much.

I think we're past the era where we'd expect movie trailers attached to certain movies.

That said, Lego Batman is February 10th. Kong Skull Island is March 10. Reckon if they say Spring, it'll be March. But something on February 10th would be nice.

J_Viper

What the fuck is up with Ben being nominated for a Razzie for BvS?

No matter what you thought of the movie itself, his performance was excellent.

PBY

Banned
Some of you like to ignore the massive amounts of drive by shit posts in DCEU threads and it shows when you start dropping persecution complex.
People like mocking bad movies on the Internet. It's not a DC thing.

Anyways, got my trailer answer. Will butt out of this thread.

People like mocking bad movies on the Internet. It's not a DC thing.

Anyways, got my trailer answer. Will butt out of this thread.

I didn't know body shaming and questioning someone's perceived intelligence because they stumble in interviews counted as mocking bad movies.

LionPride

Banned
I didn't know body shaming and questioning someone's perceived intelligence because they stumble in interviews counted as mocking bad movies.

Go look at that recent Wonder Woman trailer thread. The body shaming posts certainly aren't far and few between.

Some of you like to ignore the massive amounts of drive by shit posts in DCEU threads and it shows when you start dropping persecution complex.
I don't ignore it, but you ain't special. It happens in threads about movies period. So don't act like you special because people talk bad about movies you like.

People body shaming a woman for being to skinny ain't new either. Please don't act like they are doing it because it's a DCEU product. Just don't.

I think most people don't like those movies, and they've become a meme - not the first or last thing to get shit on by the Internet.

I don't think it's a problem, most people are posting just genuine opinions, and just ignore the posts that bother you. This is something that doesn't hurt anyone, don't see what the issue is.

If you think it's an issue, proceed - honestly think most people just don't care that much.

So you didn't catch my edit? I know how the internet is. Doesn't mean NeoGAF needs to have a culture like that. But again, I don't really care anymore.

It's like saying, you get insulted by people online on gaming communities, especially as a woman you have to take a lot, but hey, that's how the internet behaves.

I don't ignore it, but you ain't special. It happens in threads about movies period. So don't act like you special because people talk bad about movies you like.

People body shaming a woman for being to skinny ain't new either. Please don't act like they are doing it because it's a DCEU product. Just don't.

Based on the number of DCEU threads in OT, we certainly appear to be special. Where are all of the Transformers threads? Where are all of the Michael Bay threads? Where are any threads on any of the other popular IPs people like to shit on? I bet DCEU threads outnumber them 2:1 if they even exist.

I stay out of them because I can usually predict how the first three or four pages will progress. It's almost reached parody levels. It's hard to have a discussion in those threads until they linger on for awhile and everyone gets it out of their system. Most of us just want to have a discussion with others, but the shit posting interferes with that.

I know what the threads entail and I stay out of them now. I just post about it here and I'm fine with that.

As for Wonder Woman and body shaming, I never said it was because it was a DCEU product, but it happens way more than it should in threads involving her.

LionPride

Banned
Based on the number of DCEU threads in OT, we certainly appear to be special. Where are all of the Transformers threads? Where are all of the Michael Bay threads? Where are any threads on any of the other popular IPs people like to shit on? I bet DCEU threads outnumber them 2:1 if they even exist.

I stay out of them because I can usually predict how the first three or four pages will progress. It's almost reached parody levels. It's hard to have a discussion in those threads until they linger on for awhile and everyone gets it out of their system. Most of us just want to have a discussion with others, but the shit posting interferes with that.

I know what the threads entail and I stay out of them now. I just post about it here and I'm fine with that.

As for Wonder Woman and body shaming, I never said it was because it was a DCEU product, but it happens way more than it should in threads involving her.
Comic Book Movies have a weird internet culture. With Marvel being the best in the busineds critically and financially, and DC trailing behind critically, yeah people are gonna talk down. When there are people who care more about a Guardians of the Galaxy movie more than Wonder Woman and JUSTICE LEAGUE, there will be threads trying to understand the issue. People harp on the DCEU movies because for a lot of people they ain't good. It would be the same deal if the roles were reversed.

If it's about X-Men movie topics there are people who crap on them constantly, I'm one of them.

It doesn't happen with Transformers because people have been talking bad since 2007. Because people don't like Micahel Bay and haven't for 10 years.

Snyder really only garned bad will with Sucker Punch, MoS being polarizing didn't help and neither did the fact that a Batman vs Superman movie A. Wasn't good and B. Didn't crack a billion dollars

I thought we were over this. Enjoyment is subjective. Don't let other people dissuade you from enjoying what you like.

yeah whatever, like what you like. i think extreme brand loyalty is pretty toxic to discussion though.

persecution complex is such a condescending term tho haha, but I do agree that there should be less whining about certain OT posters in this thread. some of them will continue to be obnoxious, complaining about it aint helping. but there's nothing wrong with disliking these films (or any other comic movies) either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom