• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheebo

Banned
Hey, the bright side is WB already did a spot on perfect shared universe of film and tv of all it's major super hero films.

The DC Animated Universe.
ncp55.jpg

Ross61

Hey, the bright side is WB already did a spot on perfect shared universe of film and tv of all it's major super hero films.

The DC Animated Universe.
ncp55.jpg
We're acting like this is true like the same thing was said about WW and every insider in the know laughed and debunked the whole letter.

This wouldn't be the first or last time a movie has been called a mess and came out great.

Only one without buzz like this around this time in post-production was Man of Steel so far.

Other than your run-of-the-mill "so-and-so is playing this person" ("Scoot McNairy is Jimmy Olsen! No, wait! He's Barry Allen!"), or, "this is what the movie's about" ("The Amazons are a race of Kryptonians! Green Lantern's in it! Aquaman's gonna help fight Doomsday!"), I don't think there weren't stories like this about BvS.

guek

Banned
Other than your run-of-the-mill "so-and-so is playing this person" ("Scoot McNairy is Jimmy Olsen! No, wait! He's Barry Allen!"), or, "this is what the movie's about" ("The Amazons are a race of Kryptonians! Green Lantern's in it! Aquaman's gonna help fight Doomsday!"), I don't think there weren't stories like this about BvS.

There absolutely were eventually but I don't know how the timing lines up and if this rumor is a lot earlier during production

WB would have lost the rights? Dont they own DC?

They needed a Superman film in production by a certain time to prevent lawsuits from one of the families. There was a lot of legal action over the rights of the character - film, overall, I don't know which to be honest. Warner Bros eventually won the lawsuit and subsequent appeals tossed out.

It's one of the main reasons why Snyder was picked to direct Man of Steel; he's a fast worker.

Cheebo

Banned
Johns to Feige comparison never made sense. Feige is a producer not a story guy who worked his way up the movie production chain, he worked on the X-Men movies for Marvel before Marvel Studios.

IconGrist

What if JL is bad but Wonder Woman turns out to be critically acclaimed and makes a lot of money? Do they still scrap it and restart for the third time?

I could see it. They would just know they have a formula for a successful Wonder Woman down the line.

Would it be in poor taste to reply to arguments in these DC threads? Theres this one post that just doesnt make any sense that I'm dying to reply to but I am stopping myself

The general rule we have amongst ourselves is we are open to any and all discussion but to be civil and respectful. If that can't be done then leave it be. Now not everyone abides by this so proceed at your own risk.

Would it be in poor taste to reply to arguments in these DC threads? Theres this one post that just doesnt make any sense that I'm dying to reply to but I am stopping myself

Maybe boil down the sentiment of the post and base a post on it here? Gets you away from a direct response, but still allows you to speak to the sentiment of the post? I don't know.

Might aswell just post your idea, probably won't change a thing, and expect some half-assed retaliation in return. If it gets too steamy, just laugh/shake your head in disappointment and call it a day

So I guess Affleck wasn't just being coy when he said they were still trying to figure the script out, hmm.

Ben has been inconsistent talking about the film. You can watch an IGN video - that went up today - where he says they need to get it right and then finishes the question with "We're ahead of the curve and really excited." He's been all over the place which doesn't help.

WhiteWolf

I would be more worried, but its from Batman on Film and I am unsure how reliable he is now that Nolan has nothing to do with the DCEU post MoS/early preproduction BvS. Are assembly cuts usually a mess?

IconGrist

I would be more worried, but its from Batman on Film and I am unsure how reliable he is now that Nolan has nothing to do with the DCEU post MoS/early preproduction BvS. Are assembly cuts usually a mess?

In a way, yes, but then that's what reshoots are for and those haven't happened yet as far as I'm aware. Hopefully it's nothing they need Gal for since she's pregnant.

In a way, yes, but then that's what reshoots are for and those haven't happened yet as far as I'm aware. Hopefully it's nothing they need Gal for since she's pregnant.

Reshoots haven't happened because it'd be doom and gloom all over the internet the minute someone even suspected they were doing reshoots.

As for Gal, yeah, based on last night, they'd have to do some camera trickery if they need her to film additional scenes.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I was noticing BATMAN written the whole day on the off-topic side, but I kept ignoring what it said until now. What is this shit with everything DC/WB being a 'mess' ? What does 'MESS' here even mean?!

I was noticing BATMAN written the whole day on the off-topic side, but I kept ignoring what it said until now. What is this shit with everything DC/WB being a 'mess' ? What does 'MESS' here even mean?!

Confirmation bias.

For what its worth, other nobodies on twitter and the like are saying JL is fine. But it's just as useless as those saying it's a mess.

J_Viper

It's all over, isn't it?

Oh well, time to close the thread. It's been fun.

See you guys in the Image Comics Cinematic Universe thread.

BadAss2961

Wouldn't be a DCEU movie without someone hearing it's a mess.

Let's see how Wonder Woman pans out. That's also supposed to be a mess.

Firemind

I fear WW is doomed either way at this point.

I'll forever give Suicide Squad shit for being an awful movie, but MoS and BvS? Snyder is the glue that keeps the DCCU together. For the love of Batman's solo film, I hope the suits won't meddle in post production to make it more... accessible.

Corpsepyre

Banned
God no. Keep him away.

Critics are going to EAT his film up though. That much we know. WB should try and bring him back and see what happens. Not as a director, but as an overseer of sorts. Say what you want, but TDK is on a whole different level even after all these years.

Nolan doesn't want any part of this age of superhero movie tribalism. Even so, there was that embarrassing period they tried to make Big Hero 6 vs Interstellar a thing. That was super weird.

Nolan doesn't want any part of this age of superhero movie tribalism. Even so, there was that embarrassing period they tried to make Big Hero 6 vs Interstellar a thing. That was super weird.

He might not want anything to do with it, but depending on how long the trend lasts and if his success can be maintained, there might come a time where he has to do one to get another blank check.

I don't think Dunkirk is going to be that well received critically or commercially. I'm a huge Nolan fan, but I'm pretty much in the "I'll see it when I see it" camp and I never thought I'd feel that way about a Nolan film.

J_Viper

Nolan didn't even want to do TDKR, and it shows in the final product (though I still really like it)

There's no WAY he'd come back.

We'll just have to imagine the fire.

I'm just ready to accept that moving forward every dc related movie will be regarded with pessimism and some unflattering rumours will always surface,I mean, bloggers got to eat right?.

Can't wait for a DCEU movie to be a critical hit and then be disregarded as just a fluke.

firelogic

Critics are going to EAT his film up though. That much we know. WB should try and bring him back and see what happens. Not as a director, but as an overseer of sorts. Say what you want, but TDK is on a whole different level even after all these years.

Based on his rendition of Batman and his view on superheroes/comic book movies, I don't want him overseeing anything in the DCEU. I obviously wasn't a fan of his take on the character.

J_Viper

I'm just ready to accept that moving forward every dc related movie will be regarded with pessimism and some unflattering rumours will always surface,I mean, bloggers got to eat right?.

Can't wait for a DCEU movie to be a critical hit and then be disregarded as just a fluke.

The problem isn't that the rumors exist though, the problem is they've been right both times (regarding BvS and SS)

Word came out about BvS receiving lukewarm reception from test screenings, turned out to be true

Word came out about SS being a complete mess, turned out to be true

I'm scared bros

Corpsepyre

Banned
Some decent news for a change. Fuck that doom and gloom bullshit going on lately.

AQUAMAN WRITER SAYS FILM WILL ‘BLOW PEOPLE’S MINDS’

“It’s going to be fun, it’s going to be really fun. What we’ve come up with and James [Wan] especially — he has a really clear idea of the tone he’s going to have, and I think Aquaman is one that’s going to blow people’s minds, not just visually, but I think the story and the scope of it is really great,” Beall touted, suggesting the film will be a fun, visual feat.

Wan teased in August that “not all of the action takes place underwater. Some of the most fun action in the movie actually takes place on dry land.”

He went on to echo sentiment expressed by producers that “Justice League” would also be a lighter film. “I think ‘Justice League’ again is, what you’re going to see — I hope I’m not going to get in trouble for saying this — but it’s much more fun, much poppier, than…I haven’t seen ‘Wonder Woman’ yet, but ‘Batman vs Superman’ was a little more somber. But ‘Justice League’ is a lot more fun. And I think that feels to me like the direction those movies are heading now.”

IconGrist

Some decent news for a change. Fuck that doom and gloom bullshit going on lately.

“It’s going to be fun, it’s going to be really fun. What we’ve come up with and James [Wan] especially — he has a really clear idea of the tone he’s going to have, and I think Aquaman is one that’s going to blow people’s minds, not just visually, but I think the story and the scope of it is really great,” Beall touted, suggesting the film will be a fun, visual feat.

Wan teased in August that “not all of the action takes place underwater. Some of the most fun action in the movie actually takes place on dry land.”

He went on to echo sentiment expressed by producers that “Justice League” would also be a lighter film. “I think ‘Justice League’ again is, what you’re going to see — I hope I’m not going to get in trouble for saying this — but it’s much more fun, much poppier, than…I haven’t seen ‘Wonder Woman’ yet, but ‘Batman vs Superman’ was a little more somber. But ‘Justice League’ is a lot more fun. And I think that feels to me like the direction those movies are heading now.”

Why is fun bolded every time it's said?

WhiteWolf

Poppier? That's not exactly what I was hoping for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom