• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

I honestly think the Cyborg costume looks amazing.

And it looks like their on some sort of ship that just landed and the doors just opened revealing them. Something tells me this will be in the last act of the movie.

Firemind

What about it? They're different enough that a whole new set of reviews would need to be gathered in order to determine a critical consensus. As much as it sucks, the TC is still the version most people saw and the version most people remember. The UC is a completely separate discussion.
Exactly. I wonder what the RT would have been...

guek

Banned
Exactly. I wonder what the RT would have been...

I think it probably would have reviewed closer to MoS. The movie is still too dour and oddly paced to be a general crowd pleaser or critic darling so it's stuck in that strange space where people who like it really like it but people who don't really don't.

Think the costumes for the middle three look weird and a little off, specifically flash and other dude. I dunno, maybe I'm in the minority.

Nope, I agree. Like I said earlier, it's horrible besides Ben and Momoa. And even Ben, what's with the goofy frown unless they're starting down parademons or Deathstroke has a gun to Aflred's head

Ashhong

Think the costumes for the middle three look weird and a little off, specifically flash and other dude. I dunno, maybe I'm in the minority.

Well the costumes are nothing new so I don't think that really makes the picture bad. The lighting and composition and pose though, those are kind of bad.

I hope they only tease Supes in the trailers. Please please don't show his actual resurrection in the trailers

Also, Cavill got nominated for Razzie too didn't he? But he was pretty good in UNCLE and fine in BvS, but oh well, just the Razzie.

guek

Banned

Flash will always look...ugh...

The color and contrast balance in the cleaned up photo isn't official, right? It might end up looking better on film.

I wonder how fast this Flash will be. He better be the fastest on the team because Superman is pretty damn fast.

So far, it's felt like kryptonians have the ability to speed blitz but can't perform delicate tasks with their speed.

dan2026

Flash and Cyborg look awful.

Like a horrible mash up of bits of metal and plastic stuck to a costume.
Jagged bits and lines everywhere.

What happened to keeping it fucking simple?

Tabby

Flash and Cyborg look awful.

Like a horrible mash up of bits of metal and plastic stuck to a costume.
Jagged bits and lines everywhere.

What happened to keeping it fucking simple?

Because it's supposed to look awful... He gets a costume upgrade at the end of the movie.

And HQ version

C1rIiaRW8AA83FC.jpg

Tactical Batsuit and Aquaman look dope. Flash, despite the ramshackle construction, is growing on me. Wonder Woman looks like she's on stage at an E3 press conference. I said my piece on Cyborg and higher quality hasn't helped.

I get the sense the only part of the final act shown is a brief glimpse in the BTS video.

Part speculation, part reading stories on production,
the JL join together in a specific order. Starts with Batman and WW. Batman recruits the other three. Flash immediately joins. Cyborg joins later, I believe in the scene with Gordon. Those four go underground to investigate parademons. At a point Aquaman joins them. Scenes of those five going to the batcave. Later, it appears Flash, Aquaman, and WW are in Metropolis. So, sounding like a hefty amount without Superman.

LionPride

Banned
I get the sense the only part of the final act shown is a brief glimpse in the BTS video.

Part speculation, part reading stories on production,
the JL join together in a specific order. Starts with Batman and WW. Batman recruits the other three. Flash immediately joins. Cyborg joins later, I believe in the scene with Gordon. Those four go underground to investigate parademons. At a point Aquaman joins them. Scenes of those five going to the batcave. Later, it appears Flash, Aquaman, and WW are in Metropolis. So, sounding like a hefty amount without Superman.

As it should be following BvS

J_Viper

Ben and MaBroa are on point. They're gonna be the MVPs of this.

Flash and Cyborg are fine. I'm thinking they're gonna look better in motion, like Flash did in SS.

Gal looks alright too

I think im done with DC movie threads on gaf,
I just can't anymore.

1 person says the new Batsuit looks like Injustice garbage, the next calls it a throwback to B&R's IceSuit.

I think the Flash looks better here than in most of the other stills. I think he'll look better in motion. Batman reminds me of Arkham Knight Batman. I do agree WW looks a little weird.

I know folks tend to be a little down on Momoa, but I have a feeling he's gonna body this role, if looks alone are a thing to go by. Definitely looking forward to seeing him in action..

I think the Flash looks better here than in most of the other stills. I think he'll look better in motion. Batman reminds me of Arkham Knight Batman. I do agree WW looks a little weird.

Like a wax figure lol..it's weird. But hey, pictures and all that. Says nothing about the final product. Here's hoping..

I really like Batman's new costume in this pic, heavy Arkham Origins or Noel vibes going on.

It's just a shame Gadot looks like she was caught mid-blink in that pic.

Ninjimbo

No offense, but I think you're only saying that because they don't reinforce your preexisting opinions. Even if you look at what the industry would consider the best of the best among critics, movies like BvS were not well received. Aggregates like Metacritic that closely curates the source of scores still tend to run in parallel with RT's actual scoring system. This isn't to say critical consensus is infallible, but that doesn't mean they are inherently flawed either. Any time anyone does some actual critique and analysis though, people tend to reject it if it doesn't reinforce their own opinion.

There's a temptation to view opinion as black and white, without nuance, as simply a binary spectrum of good or bad like you're describing. And yes, RT reinforces that pitfall with their RT%, but it's not like the % score is a difficult concept to properly understand as the most generalized of recommendations.
If you're saying I only read people's opinions because I agree with them, you'd be wrong. Of course I'm going to read people who thoughts line up with my own but I don't read Wesley Morris and Armond White because of confirmation bias. Those guys have viciously torn down movies I've liked. Go read what Morris wrote about MoS.

I just think there's more to movies than simply talking about the mechanics of films like the writing, the editing and the cinematography or whatever. Those guys are coming at films from a different perspective, one that's more about the messages and the intents behind the picture that's being shown to you. They're different interpretations and I'm more interested in hearing about movies from that angle.

I don't know if that makes any sense since I'm kind of rushing through my thoughts. But you get the idea?

Someone like A.O. Scott approaches films differently than someone like, say, AngryJoe. Guess who I will pay attention to more.

LionPride

Banned
Yeah...not feeling that photo. Digging Aquaman and Batman, but the other three?

giphy.gif

I really wish that I was excited about Justice League or Wonder Woman, but I can't find any motivation. Sucks because the Justice League show was one of the first comic book related things I watched. That and a book of some of the first books of certain Marvel characters got me into comics

Busty

Banned
Posted in the actual picture thread on OT but I'll stick my two cents here too.., I think it looks fine.

Batman and Wonder Woman both look great. I really like the 'Rocksteady' look of Afflek's Batman particular costume as we know he supposedly rocks a couple during the film.

I know what people are saying about Flash's suit but it is (per the set visits) the early prototype he made himself before he's furnished with something better by Wayne Tech. I imagine the 'finished article' at the end of the film will be closer to the comics etc.

Aquaman seems cloaked in shadow compared to the others but I think he's going to really work on screen with Momoa's physicality much like Jackman's Wolverine.

Cyborg...., ehhhh. I have a feeling that, like Flash, his 'costume' will evolve over the course of the film. But if it doesn't...., this feels like the first real misstep for the DCU in terms of design. He is one step removed from a sci-fi horror monster. How on Earth did WB think that this could be a character that could be spun off into his own individual solo film/franchise like Wonder Woman or Aquaman?! What kid wants to sleep in a duvet or have a poster on their wall with a terrifying cyborg on it? They managed to make the character work in Teen Titans Go

If, as rumoured, they are planning to turn the planned Cyborg solo film into a The Titans film then he'd probably work as part of an ensemble but at the moment???? It's going to be fascinating to see how this pans out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom