• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

Even though the movie is not very good I find enjoying it more than Suicide Squad.

They need to find some character for Blake Lively in DCEU.

That suit is messed up.

1280x720-uY_.jpg

Ninjimbo

I think they are critic proof, but I think Wonder Woman is the real test. If folks don't go see that movie, then there is a problem. But as long as they making money, it don't matter if they suck or not, they making that paper and that's what matters in the long run. I think the X-Men movies are god awful, but they make money every time one comes out so
yeshrug.png
Apocalypse was a flop though which is weird because it was coming off the well received Days of Future Past. Who knows what's going to happen this year...just like that people can not give a fuck and your movie fizzles out.

LionPride

Banned
Even though the movie is not very good I find enjoying it more than Suicide Squad.

That suit is messed up.

1280x720-uY_.jpg
Jesus Christ I don't remember the suit being THAT bad

Apocalypse was a flop though which is weird because it was coming off the well received Days of Future Past. Who knows what's going to happen this year...just like that people can not give a fuck and your movie fizzles out.

Apocalypse made $543.9 million, which is nothing to laugh at, but like you said it came off a movie a lot of people saw and liked so it's weird. People are probably gonna see Logan, I think I said in the box office prediction thread that every major comic book release this year will make $750 million at least. I kinda still stand by that.

I think Wonder Woman and maybe JL are gonna get people in theatres just for curiosity to see if they are better than Suicide Squad and Batman v Superman. I know I'm not paying to see them unless they are on the level of Man of Steel, but that's me. I know people seeing Wonder Woman because she's the first major woman superhero on screen.

First impressions online are super important now. It seems almost impossible to reverse course after the die has been cast.

Suicide Squad leak went super well.

Apocalypse leak had Ivan Ooze.

Ninjimbo

Apocalypse made $543.9 million, which is nothing to laugh at, but like you said it came off a movie a lot of people saw and liked so it's weird. People are probably gonna see Logan, I think I said in the box office prediction thread that every major comic book release this year will make $750 million at least. I kinda still stand by that.

I think Wonder Woman and maybe JL are gonna get people in theatres just for curiosity to see if they are better than Suicide Squad and Batman v Superman. I know I'm not paying to see them unless they are on the level of Man of Steel, but that's me. I know people seeing Wonder Woman because she's the first major woman superhero on screen.
750 million is a huge number. WB will be doing backflips if WW makes anywhere near that amount. The same goes for Logan. I'm guessing the success of Deadpool is causing people to overestimate just what the genre is capable of because Logan and WW don't look like they have that kind of appeal. At least from what I can tell.

LionPride

Banned
750 million is a huge number. WB will be doing backflips if WW makes anywhere near that amount. The same goes for Logan. I'm guessing the success of Deadpool is causing people to overestimate just what the genre is capable of because Logan and WW don't look like they have that kind of appeal. At least from what I can tell.

It is a humongous number, but people loved The Wolverine and this Logan movie had Hurt in its trailer and Hurt makes every movie seem good. Wonder Woman will definitely get the push for being first major woman superhero on screen, and if it's decent? Yeah it'll make that money.

Deadpool doing that well set me off guard, but you never know. If Wonder Woman makes the amount of money Iron Man did, then I think that's fine

Logan tops out at 600M, maybe 625M, in my opinion. I still think it has to get over the 'grimdark' criticism people are quick to throw around.

LionPride

Banned
Logan tops out at 600M, maybe 625M, in my opinion. I still think it has to get over the 'grimdark' criticism people are quick to throw around.

Okay, but even I was pulled into the trailer because Hurt. But I don't care about seeing a young X-23 or Prof X go through Alzheimer's

J_Viper

I don't think anyone outside of GAF uses that term.

That Logan trailer went over very well, as it should. If the film lives up to that, it'll make bank.

Apparently he posted these to Snapchat,

What am I looking at in the Gucci box.

Anyways I'm glad swag joker is back but for the love of God give him some good material to work with in batman.

I think he was fine alone but when paired with harley quinn in suicide squad we got some corny shit. So one of the best things they can do is not have harley quinn in batman. Honestly I think she wasn't much good anyways. And she has her own movie in production so she won't be missed if they skip over an appearance in afflecks film

In one of Affleck's countless interviews where they hound him about Batman, he mentions the need for a new batsuit on his film to easily get in and out of. Solution: let Batman drape himself in his cape again.

Hasn't really happened since Batman Begins.

Ninjimbo

After how badly Warcraft turned out (across the board) I don't think Jones will be offered any big studio gigs anytime soon.
Isn't he releasing a new movie this year? Anyways, Warcraft doesn't seem like it was his fault. It sounds like he had work within very strict parameters to get that one out. I mean, what's a good Warcraft movie supposed to look like?

BadAss2961

After how badly Warcraft turned out (across the board) I don't think Jones will be offered any big studio gigs anytime soon.
Don't know much about him, but I don't know if i'd hold that against him. Didn't most people think that was going to flop the minute they heard about it? I know I did.

guek

Banned
$600M+ for either Logan or WW would be really good.

Raptor

That suit is messed up.

1280x720-uY_.jpg

Both are straight garbage but I just cant enjoy this one more than SS, like at all.

Some of the sequences in this are embarrassing.

LionPride

Banned
I would like that. One for more r-rated movies, the other for more female lead cbm.

I have an intense dislike for Carol Danvers and I enjoy Wonder Woman, but I want both movies to do well. That Captain Marvel movie better make me like Carol...

I've said it in other topics, but I believe that Wonder Woman will be alright and acceptable. Not bad, not great. Acceptable. And that's fine, it better make that money tho

This part in an interview with James Mangold makes me hope Logan is successful and Warners can follow suit.

Bless up. He said all the right things there with that statement

Big reason why I have such high hopes for Logan. It looks scaled back and all the more interesting for it. Just making it a road trip movie where it doesn't escalate into some big ass explosions finale. Instead just making something more personal and bloody. And plus some of the xmen movies really prioritized character interaction/drama and this looks to be doing the same. Gonna be dope.

Also love how the xmen comics now exist in their movies. That does so much for world building alone. To see that they have become mythologized after so long. I think dc movies should take a note from that for superman in particular

ryan299

Borys Kit of Hollywood Reporter says to not rule out a Black Adam tease at the end of Aquaman after the recent news that he's getting his own movie.

a916

Black Adam getting his own movie and NOT being part of the first Shazam movie is definitely some tone-deaf WB garbage that WB would do... not only do we have to wait for The Rock... we now have a Shazam movie WITHOUT him.

Borys Kit of Hollywood Reporter says to not rule out a Black Adam tease at the end of Aquaman after the recent news that he's getting his own movie.

Deadline reporting that the Shazam movie has morphed into 2 movies.

Why would you tease Black Adam at the end of Aquaman though...

The Marvel trailers rarely have anything to do with the movie it get's tagged with... so why not Aquaman?

firelogic

Black Adam getting his own movie and NOT being part of the first Shazam movie is definitely some tone-deaf WB garbage that WB would do... not only do we have to wait for The Rock... we now have a Shazam movie WITHOUT him.

Deadline reporting that the Shazam movie has morphed into 2 movies.

The Marvel trailers rarely have anything to do with the movie it get's tagged with... so why not Aquaman?

To be fair, Black Adam getting a solo movie doesn't rule out Black Adam being in the Shazam movie. In fact, that's likely what's happening. If the Black Adam movie precedes Shazam, that'd be stupid, but they can set him up and have him be the villain in Shazam. If Shazam precedes Black Adam, we get to know the guy and then a full movie of his own afterward.

What the hell? Why would they pull that weirdness?

Cause it's the Rock.

This news just makes me more of a believer that Shazam isn't happening and they couldn't convince the Rock to take a different role so they compromised and gave him his own movie + hooks in the DCEU for his character.

GeeTeeCee

A Black Adam solo film probably the best move they were able to make right now. The Rock is box office gold right now, and he has been more than patient with WB while they ignored Shazam for what feels like an eternity now while they greenlit any number of other projects, despite having signed The Rock up ages ago.

Say what you will about the DCEU so far, but the complete and utter failure to do anything with The Rock after sitting on a project he's been incredibly hyped about for quite some time now would be the crowning achievement in a catalogue of already pretty sizeable fuck ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom